Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted

Re: MLG Orlando 2010, Blue posts

In the next content patch the current plan is to change Warbringer a bit so that it no longer allows Charge and Intercept to break roots or snares but Intervene would remain unaffected.
    Well..
    Is Warriors can tank add on anub 25hm? They need hand of freedom once, but How can they get out the freeze area without warbringer?

Yeah, nerf protection warriors more, you assholes.
    So glad I quit some time ago and did not wait till this day.

So, making Lava Burst crit without the need for Flame Shock to be present is NOT OP? Watch every shaman in the next couple of months wearing the set and one shoting your sorry ass with his destruction warlock friend like they did until now. Just this time, you won't be living the 5 seconds you used to.

Yay, lock buffs ._. /cheer
    I dont really /care x)

http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...5N/dps/?page=1

THAT is why mutilate rogues got nerfed, a good player that understands their class wouldn't be half as biased or clueless as some of you guys and definately would accept that it was a fair change.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Rogue nerf and consequences
    It's amazing how the raiding guilds of the world went from stacking rogues to sitting rogues in one night.

Most of the estimates I've seen on the forums is around a 7% nerf to Assassination and a 2% nerf to Combat. That sounds about right. If you're arguing your raid can't handle that or offset it in other ways, I'm a tiny bit skeptical.

I know it's not fun to get nerfed. Believe me. I hear about it. But the whole moral of the "sky is falling" deal is that when you exaggerate the impact of every change we make, then it makes for it hard for us and everyone else to distinguish between things that are really a big deal versus you just venting a little bit. If the sky is falling let us know that, but save it up for those episodes when it really is. (Source)
    Exactly... stop crying wolf rogues... Seriously!

Quote Originally Posted by Kesther
    http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...5N/dps/?page=1

THAT is why mutilate rogues got nerfed, a good player that understands their class wouldn't be half as biased or clueless as some of you guys and definately would accept that it was a fair change.
    Well the problem was, rogues doing 10k+ DPS on bosses, but as you can see, other classes can aswell if you go further in.. So instead of QQing people maybee should have a look on their DPS rotation/Gemming/Spec etc. instead.

Quote Originally Posted by carlos5577
    I swear i keep seeing that same phrase out of every rogue that QQs. It makes me /facepalm
    Yes because all the buffs we bring are easily overwritten by any other classes' equivalent.

"In the next content patch the current plan is to change Warbringer a bit so that it no longer allows Charge and Intercept to break roots or snares but Intervene would remain unaffected.

We'll see if any further changes come down the pipeline."

i would be willing to make the sacrifice of warbringer not breaking roots, and snare's if the talent reduced the cool down of charge/intercept by 50%. or better yet, keep the mechanic of the warbringer talent breaking roots, and snare's but increase the cooldown by 50%. (30 second cooldown instead of 15 seconds).

that way the cry baby ranged classes can still kite us a little bit, but no so much that we are a free kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Waladin
    Well the problem was, rogues doing 10k+ DPS on bosses, but as you can see, other classes can aswell if you go further in.. So instead of QQing people maybee should have a look on their DPS rotation/Gemming/Spec etc. instead.
    Did you even look at what i just posted? 11 pages of complete domination on single target boss fights and 12-13k dps ontop of that. There's one warlock on the first page, but his total damage done is 806k so going to ignore that, same with the mage on the 3rd page, not entire fight. Then there is a smatter of a few people doing around 10-11k who aren't rogues, there is no denying it muti rogues were op and combat rogues to a smaller extent, it's more of a normalisation not a downright nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte
    While the % of the spellpower being awarded to players stays the same its still based on the spellpower the warlock in question has.

Current:

4000 base
    5% increase due to DP
    4200 spellpower after DP.
    10% of 4200 (420) awarded to raidmembers due to DP.

After change:
    4000 base
    10% increase due to DP
    4400 spellpower after DP
    10% of 4400 (440) awarded to raidmembers due to DP.

How does this not affect raid dps?
    That 5% does not add t your SP but your Spell Damage done with each spell cast. So no, It won't add to your raid members. The 10% is still 10% of your SP added to raid. Not your Spell Damage. Diffrent type of buff.

Quote Originally Posted by TallanX
    That 5% does not add t your SP but your Spell Damage done with each spell cast. So no, It won't add to your raid members. The 10% is still 10% of your SP added to raid. Not your Spell Damage. Diffrent type of buff.
    Did not know that, thanks for clearing that up

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeComming
    Warbringer nerf is because they want warriors to be truly worthless in pvp, the fact that people are QQin over charge breaking their precious CC is because they are running away and cant win the race to get a heal or bandage. Its worthless to play warrior in pvp unless ur prot, and it wont even be worth playing prot in bgs if they carry out with this nerf. This game favors pvp over pve 100 fold. Which is a load of crap.
    QQ nub. no more faceroll for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Waladin

One thing I find interesting about these reports, that I haven't seen anyone else point out, is the fact that all these top rogues have another rogue in their raid. I haven't found any top rogues where there was only one rogue in the raid (like is common in 10 mans). To me, the issue isn't rogue base abilities or poisons, it's rogues TOT'ing each other. A 15% damage increase every 30 seconds, for 10 secs, seems to fit almost exactly the amount rogues are going above other DPS.

So my question is, why nerf combat and assassination so much instead of just changing tot to not be usable on other rogues? This nerf hit 10 man rogues much harder than any other. Not only do we lose 7-10% we also aren't getting tricks from another rogue, so it's really a 25% hit compared to 25 man rogues.

Just a thought that I haven't seen anyone else mention .

Quote Originally Posted by shiftybear

One thing I find interesting about these reports, that I haven't seen anyone else point out, is the fact that all these top rogues have another rogue in their raid. I haven't found any top rogues where there was only one rogue in the raid (like is common in 10 mans). To me, the issue isn't rogue base abilities or poisons, it's rogues TOT'ing each other. A 15% damage increase every 30 seconds, for 10 secs, seems to fit almost exactly the amount rogues are going above other DPS.

So my question is, why nerf combat and assassination so much instead of just changing tot to not be usable on other rogues? This nerf hit 10 man rogues much harder than any other. Not only do we lose 7-10% we also aren't getting tricks from another rogue, so it's really a 25% hit compared to 25 man rogues.

It's much easier to dial down a flat damage increase talent and a coefficient of a high % of our damage than to start putting exceptions in spells, if they kept doing that then spells would get over complicated and they have already said they wanted to digress away from that.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

i know it is a silly question but how about just putting charge/intercept on the same cooldown?

this does not nerv pve and ppl do not have to be afraid of chain-charge??? oO

the ony ones who profit of this change are mages (who are op against warriors anyway) and druids... all the other classes kite us through slows and they get no help out of the planed change and will just cry for more nerfs.

^this could be utter bullshit, as i have not done anything else then tank on my warrior for a looooooong time, but if not: could someone plx post this on the english forums (i'm from eu and i do not feel like anyone important reads german eu forums)

also: on the shild slam change: why don't they make some of the gear-changes planed for cata a little early and just take away all the BV from the gear (i think nearly no prot warrior will cry about this because a)trash is srs bzns and b) there is nearly no BV on all the new ICC gear anyway...)

in my oppinion all the ToC i didn't even want to weare (i just don't like block) is to blame for the warrior nerfs we face now... well blizz is so intelligent... they nerf an entire class because of 1 tier they just fail-designed because one fucking designer had the brilliant idea to bring back BV before they remove it in cata (they allready nearly removed it on ICC). in fact it just came back with the "your gear should not be perfect"-philosophy... and now apparently ruins pvp to an extent where it has to be balanced in a patch... i mean how much more fail can you get? gear that "should not be desireable" over other gear of the same ilvl now ruins a part of the game and to counteract it they ruin another part of the game instead of fixing the problem where it came from...

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Ele 4p bonus ... i really dont get it, how can they come up something shit like that...

i wouldn't say anything if WOW was a very pvp based game - but it isn't, never has been and if it was then it's supposed to be large scale pvp battles anyway - nobody cares for 1 vs. 1 and it's even more retarded to balance everything around it.

I wish they would just move away from this arena crap and focus on world pvp.
    "Hey, you know what's even cooler than triceratops? Every other dinosaur that ever existed."

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Spirit
    Ele 4p bonus ... i really dont get it, how can they come up something shit like that...
    Not having to put a Flameshock on adds and still be able to crit? thats a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by shiftybear

Very good point actually. But then blizzard might actually have to try and look into it instead of just nerfing right away.

so once again now rogues, who are the only pure melee dps class, are equal to or lower in dps with hybrids. What's the point of bringing rogues to raid encounters when Ret Pally's and DK's can do the same dps and offer utility. What was the point of giving us the added effect to deadly poison, after trashing the addon, if Blizzard was gonaa nerf poison damage. Guess I'll end my little QQ session by deleting my rogue ( my main for 4 years) and making my DK my main. Thanks again BLizzard .