Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: 4 pc t10 for kitties, DBW, what are BiS trinkets, and what to/not to gem for

Quote Originally Posted by Auroro
    I upgrade the gems, I think if you are not alliance then you need to get two green hit/stam gem or one hit rating to reach the hit cap due to a low hit rating in ICC. (You will get 251 (7.65%) from gear only)

Auroro DPS 2
    Imo you would be better off using a http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40147 for a yellow socket. Then again i dont like haste gems very much (i honestly dont see the point in going for dbw when its going to be changed to haste later on, whereas if you can grab a deaths verdict or something similar which gives more), especially when you can be using agi gems in place and still get the socket bonus. I could be wrong on the haste thing, ill have to bug pask about it while hes raiding! lol j/k.
    Quote Originally Posted by 25165453757
    I am excite

Deleted

Re: 4 pc t10 for kitties, DBW, what are BiS trinkets, and what to/not to gem for

Haste is an extremely good stat. It will be the best stat you can get when you hardcap in 264 gear (after hit/exp if youre under the caps). You have to remember that around 33% of your damage is from white hits, the more haste the more hits!

Auroro, the big thing for cats now is to cap ArP & crit. 100% armor reduction all the time is better than 100% armor reduction for 10 seconds of every minute.

I upgrade the gems, I think if you are not alliance then you need to get two green hit/stam gem or one hit rating to reach the hit cap due to a low hit rating in ICC. (You will get 251 (7.65%) from gear only)

Auroro DPS 2
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49950

also, agility on feet, not AP. You could possibly even use crit + hit, but I don't know if it would be better.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezee
    Auroro, the big thing for cats now is to cap ArP & crit. 100% armor reduction all the time is better than 100% armor reduction for 10 seconds of every minute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Epoch
    Imo you would be better off using a http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40147 for a yellow socket. Then again i dont like haste gems very much (i honestly dont see the point in going for dbw when its going to be changed to haste later on, whereas if you can grab a deaths verdict or something similar which gives more), especially when you can be using agi gems in place and still get the socket bonus. I could be wrong on the haste thing, ill have to bug pask about it while hes raiding! lol j/k.
    ArP and Haste. Once you're at 1400 ArP, gear alone will put you to the crit cap, or very close to it. At that point, Haste wins over everything, crit, agility, strangth, everything. Yellow sockets beyond the ArP cap are better spent on a 20 haste gem, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arel
    ArP and Haste. Once you're at 1400 ArP, gear alone will put you to the crit cap, or very close to it. At that point, Haste wins over everything, crit, agility, strangth, everything. Yellow sockets beyond the ArP cap are better spent on a 20 haste gem, hands down.

I am dealing with 264 gears, no heroic gear yet. I do think that the heroic gear will put you near ARP cap and you will not need Mjolnir Runestone.

This just a beginning ICC gear setup, Auroro DPS.

Since i do not know what are the Lich king drop, I have to hold on the cloak. We might have to go back to TOC 25 Heroic to get it.

I am dealing with 264 gears, no heroic gear yet. I do think that the heroic gear will put you near ARP cap and you will not need Mjolnir Runestone.

Since i do not know what are the Lich king drop, I have to hold on the cloak. We might have to go back to TOC 25 Heroic to get it.
    Since you are using icc 25 gear, why not use the 264 t10 gear instead of the 251 one?
    CATA BETA CLUB!
    HearthStone BETA CLUB!

Quote Originally Posted by Jawstrock
    Since you are using icc 25 gear, why not use the 264 t10 gear instead of the 251 one?
    If you get lucky to get 4 token.

At the beginning you get 251 T10 gears, then 264 T10, and very lucky in Heroic 25 ICC 277 T10.

I will post the Auroro DPS Omega, once I find out the cloak and couple more item from the Lich King.

I will said that our gear set up will go in three different phase base on T10.

If you get lucky to get 4 token.

At the beginning you get 251 T10 gears, then 264 T10, and very lucky in Heroic 25 ICC 277 T10.

I will post the Auroro DPS Omega, once I find out the cloak and couple more item from the Lich King.

I will said that our gear set up will go in three different phase base on T10.
    Not sure why luck would be involved in getting the 264 tokens unless your guild uses a loot council or something. We run dkp so whoever bids the most wins the item. I had my 251 shoulders for less than 10 seconds. Helm will be the same when I get it tomorrow. Hopefully we get the professor down this week so there will be more tokens to spread around.

Not sure why luck would be involved in getting the 264 tokens unless your guild uses a loot council or something. We run dkp so whoever bids the most wins the item. I had my 251 shoulders for less than 10 seconds. Helm will be the same when I get it tomorrow. Hopefully we get the professor down this week so there will be more tokens to spread around.
    yeah i got the first tier token and made my helm 264 and the next week i was still highest in the epgp system, should have taken another (we've had like 5 of the druid,rogue, dk, w/e) but i decided to let 2 friends get them.. now with distant land im in the hole =/

15+ Year Old Account

Not sure why luck would be involved in getting the 264 tokens unless your guild uses a loot council or something.
    Still need luck on the drops, I suppose -- I'm lucky in that our guild seems to be overflowing with Vanquisher tokens, but we've seen the Conqueror token only once (a trend that's continuing from Uld).

I read through the first two pages and I apologize if this has been answered but why are people talking about gemming strength? I was under the assumption that even when we are crit capped (I read up a little on it and I am not a 100% sure on the concept of it), agi is still more valuable than str because it increases our AP more. Is this not true?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    Still need luck on the drops, I suppose -- I'm lucky in that our guild seems to be overflowing with Vanquisher tokens, but we've seen the Conqueror token only once (a trend that's continuing from Uld).
    The last boss of each wings will drop T10 264 tokens, 100%. However those tokens can be one of these Vanquisher, Conqueror, and Protector.

Vanquisher is for Druid, Death Knight, Mage, and Rogue.

Conqueror is for Paladin, Priest, and Warlock.

Protector is for Warrior, Hunter, and Shaman.

The Boss drop is 1/3 for all class. Then we have to hope that we win on the roll, I get 6 Mages, 2 Druid, 2 Death Knight, and 3 Rogue rolling for the same thing. Now my drop chance is at 41% and my guild merge epgp system with Loot Council. So I have to make sure I do not spent too much on outside T10 gears. I think Heroic 10 man ICC will help fix this problem.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by FeralRage
    I read through the first two pages and I apologize if this has been answered but why are people talking about gemming strength? I was under the assumption that even when we are crit capped (I read up a little on it and I am not a 100% sure on the concept of it), agi is still more valuable than str because it increases our AP more. Is this not true?
    no 1 strength gives double AP of 1 agility, but because agility also increases crit it is more valueable untill crit capped (and assuming ARP hardcapped), than its strength+haste, or i would probably go pure haste, for more OCC procs
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

The last boss of each wings will drop T10 264 tokens, 100%. However those tokens can be one of these Vanquisher, Conqueror, and Protector.

Vanquisher is for Druid, Death Knight, Mage, and Rogue.

Conqueror is for Paladin, Priest, and Warlock.

Protector is for Warrior, Hunter, and Shaman.

The Boss drop is 1/3 for all class. Then we have to hope that we win on the roll, I get 6 Mages, 2 Druid, 2 Death Knight, and 3 Rogue rolling for the same thing. Now my drop chance is at 41% and my guild merge epgp system with Loot Council. So I have to make sure I do not spent too much on outside T10 gears. I think Heroic 10 man ICC will help fix this problem.
    I heard back in naxx they made the drop rate 30-30-40 or something like that, can anyone confirm that?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by bavarcarus
    I heard back in naxx they made the drop rate 30-30-40 or something like that, can anyone confirm that?
    Truth. The rogue/dk/mage/druid piece has 40% drop chance, corresponding to the fact that it's used by 40% of the classes.

Wearing crafted expertise boots is good when you're already over expertise cap?

not sure why everyone is fixed on iks sack as their off piece putting well over exp cap, especially to start with, wear shawl of nerubian silk from 10 marrowgar instead of badge cloak, tier chest, keep icewalker treads from ToGC.

thanks for pointing out the cape should put me right where i need to be

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

First of it, im not someone who is that into maths and the deep theorycrafting. I like to keep some numbers in mind, but everything else... takes the fun out of the game for me ^^

My profile:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...Ring&n=Parijan
    I pull out around 7 -7.5k DPS in 25man atm.

Im sitting at 617 Arp pen (with Arp Pen Food = 657), 56%crit self buffed. I'm hit and expertise capped (i'm aware of the fact, that i am way over the expertise cap for cats. Thats not on purpose.)

I'm still working on my Needle Encrusted Scorpion Trinket drop. I want to replace Grim Troll with it. Im planning on reaching the Arp Pen Softcap, with both gems and gear. As soon as i have reached that, i wanted to gem every slot not needed for the arp pen soft cap with Agi gems. In my humble opinion it doesnt make sense to sit around with arp pen at the hard cap(especiall when its so hard to reach by bypassing exp/hit).
    Soft Cap + NES makes more sense in my mind, as it leaves me with more freedom regarding the other stats(hit, exp and especial crit/agi).

Another way to go could be, to keep Deaths Verdict and replace Grim troll with the Haste War Token. Then get as much as arp pen with gem/gear as possible with keeping the other stats in mind(read: stay exp/hit capped, hit the crit cap or at least get near it). But thats only when i got all my T10 gear i want and have some badges to spare.

Thats my way of doing it. Any opinions?

Regarding Iks sack of Wonders.... the stats on it dont look that much like a cat item. Its more a Bear sweet

kind regards

Quote Originally Posted by axxey
    Wearing crafted expertise boots is good when you're already over expertise cap?

not sure why everyone is fixed on iks sack as their off piece putting well over exp cap, especially to start with, wear shawl of nerubian silk from 10 marrowgar instead of badge cloak, tier chest, keep icewalker treads from ToGC.
    Why are you thinking that having too much expertise when you are not looking at Hit?

TOC gave so much hit rating that ICC have very few hit rating gear. If you have a low hit rating then you will have a low DPS meter. Having good amount of ARP wih a low Hit rating make it worse.

Having 38 expertise is no big deal, having 4.00% hit is a big deal.

You can look at EJ, they would even list iks sack as the best item ever. Murna who the EJ feral dps guild person like iks sack.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayperi
    Regarding Iks sack of Wonders.... the stats on it dont look that much like a cat item. Its more a Bear sweet
    That the thing, it is best for Bear and Cat.