Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: spell rank addon is the shiznit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zargzak
    I installed this addon to irritate people in PUGs.
    Funny thing is that time to time I get an answers like 'Oh dude thank you I did not noticed this'
    But of course every now and then I get answers like 'You addon is sh*t, there is no higher ranks of spell'
    i had the "there's no higher rank of that spell... your addon is wrong"
    guy was nice though, went to his trainer, saw there was and thanked me profusely

Quote Originally Posted by Deathbanana
    no its a option in you spell book you can toggle it on and off.

but i love this mod when i find people that use it i just use lower rank spells just to spam there trade its so funny ive accually had people leave or turn the mod off because of this. makes me laugh every time like downranking a spell is going to make that much of a difference in heroics anyways
    The first time I ran into the mod on my shaman, I started spamming all of my heals and abilities I could use out of combat to see what was downranked. (I had the leveling with dual specc problem.) I didn't realise that the other person saw all the whispers; I thought it was like DBM where you can send "status" to someone on a boss and it will tell you the boss' health without that person getting any whispers in their chatlog. Then the guy said my name in rachat and I knew that he could see the whispers. :x

Yeah it was funny when the hunters dps went up he whispered thanks I thought I was doin somethin wrong.... I lol'd and said nope right rotation wrong shotz.

Caught a geared (as in mostly 232/245, but not all of it welfare emblem peices) level 80 prot pally tanking with Rank 1 Concencration......
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Power20
    mostly good replys from using it tho i have had a few ppl teling me to go to hell
    This about sums it up for me. I really like RankWatch. I have defiantly helped a lot of people out by using it.

Wow...I can't believe how many lower-ranked stuff I was using..

Man I feel like a tard.

And I'm currently playing on my BE which just makes me feel more tarded, damnit.

Quote Originally Posted by Davie3
    This about sums it up for me. I really like RankWatch. I have defiantly helped a lot of people out by using it.
    Rofl, did you really want to say that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You are correct that a lot of players moan about things being too easy without having seen the content personally. We definitely place less emphasis on their feedback than on people who have actually tried those encounters.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1&pageNo=4#72

was on my mage and i had recently dinged 80.

went to a heroic andswitched from 'leveling frost' to 'instance fire'

poped my refreshment table and the group was like 'WTF lvl 65 water?!?'

<- egg on face

15+ Year Old Account

I was tanking a random pug and someone had this and it spurted out that I was use Rank1 of Holy Wrath. Had a look and oddly I was.
    IUt wasn't the dual spec bug but the fact I hadn't moved or updated it since TBC days
    Current Rig
    Intel i5 3570K | Corsair H100 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | R9 390 8GB | G.Skill 16GB | Intel 520 Series 180GB | 8TB in HDDs
    Seasonic X-760 760W | 27" U2711 Dell | Corsair 600T | Logitech Z506 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit

15+ Year Old Account

I used it, but it was spamming me so much, I removed it. Every single group I entered, rather with my Death Knight Tank or my Mage, there was always someone that didn't use their max ranks. I've never seen a healer not using his max ranks however.

Does get me wondering, maybe that's why I am always top DPS and damage when I am tanking with my Death Knight and maybe that's why my DPS and damage is always atleast twice as high as the other DPS'ers in my group when I am on my Mage.
    Statix will suffice.

Dont like the addon :/ it keeps telling my shaman i aint using maxranked spells but the trainer doesnt have any spells to train -.-

I use rankwatch for myself and everyone else in my raid, it catches the best of us. For me, i switch my druid to rank 10 rejuvs during our Anub hardmode encounter (to not over heal) and sometimes forget to switch back, but for others - especially on my alts and lvling or pugging toons its a lifesaver.

When i pug 10 or 25 mans it often has 100% hit rate of finding something wrong and generally i pug my alts with people i know. Generally finds something wrong in almost every heroic as well.

Amazingly most people are like "OMG, thanks so much!!!" but then there are the assholes that feel they have to be right but haven't visited a trainer since they dinged 80 so the spell isn't even in their spellbook.

I ran across a couple of people who didn't buy any spells, they just used what ranked in their talents.

I first saw this addon when it caught me using a down-ranked version of Hammer of Wrath on my holydin, which is ironic because of all the spells I've accidentally downranked due to the dual-spec bars issue that was one of the least embarrassing.

Ever since I've become a huge fan, it's pointed out a few spells I'd missed, mostly versions of rez spells so not huge issues but still nice, a few dps spells on healing specs, nothing serious but all nice to have.

This addon is the ultimate noob detector. Not so much when you see the initial report, as what the reaction is. If they /w you abuse or simply run the rest of the heroic with their down-ranked spell, then they're a noob and can be safely /ignored. If they /w you to say they'd forgotten to train to max on this spec, or to fix their buttons or if they just sort out the problem - then they have potential.

One thing that got me a few times was my druid in feral spec. I'd get yelled at constantly by my addon about ranks of my healing spells and I was rather puzzled because I was sure I had just fixed that a couple hours ago. Well, I had, but I also apparently forgot that I have a Tauren form, cat form, stealthed cat form and bear form that all need updating in the same spec. I don't know if it's a combination of the dual spec issue combined with my druid forms or if bars for different forms don't get updated properly either, but that one got me for a while.

I like the addon. By default I choose to disable the notifications because, even with the explanation off, it seemed too chatty to me. I usually just say something like "hey ___, check the rank on your consecration" and it does the trick. Only one person has complained at all before I turned them off, a shadow priest in Wintergrasp who was using the wrong ranks of everything. It's usually met with silence--I don't pay enough attention to notice if they usually fix it silently or just ignore it completely--but a few people have said thanks as well. On the bulk, response has been positive whether it's the addon itself saying something or me by its prompting.

As it should be. I see no reason ANYBODY should get butthurt about somebody trying to help them, especially when the suggestion is so easily done. It's free DPS (or healing).

@Cosz: You might have the correct ranks trained, but do you have them on your action bars in both specs?

TO THE OP: This is to inform you that you are never allowed to say 'shiznit' again.

i caught my own spell lol...I was using RANK 1 of rebirth yes my battle rez LOL i coudlnt believe it and starfall on my boomkin i didnt even train for the other three lvls of it cause i didnt even know there was training for it lol...all good though its been fixed i had some guildies say it was crap but w/e lol

today i caught a druid healer and prot pally in the same group with it. prot pally felt bad about and said so in party chat and was quite amazed. the thing i thought was cool though was the druid then started spamming all of his spells just to see which ones were downranked. he even started using to his dps spells to see. Rankwatch is a helluva resource when peeps see it as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathbanana
    no its a option in you spell book you can toggle it on and off.

but i love this mod when i find people that use it i just use lower rank spells just to spam there trade its so funny ive accually had people leave or turn the mod off because of this. makes me laugh every time like downranking a spell is going to make that much of a difference in heroics anyways
    Incorrect. For classes such as casters, you do have that option. Rogue, for example, does not have the option to ever see a lower rank of a skill once they train the higher version, so once they train for Backstab (Rank 2) they will never see Backstab (Rank 1) ever again.
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so

i also love the addon but only my raid leader has it

so i fuck with him by using rank 1 spells :O on trash only ofc