Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Caster Legendary

Quote Originally Posted by Possiblyreefer

and shadowsedge is avaliable to hunters, not like they would actually use it. but unless 2h axes start going to enha shamans then GaF
    Shadow's edge is in fact NOT avaliable to hunters or shamans.. Only Warrior, DK and Paladins can pick up the quest.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nithian
    No, it didn't. FAP didn't exist in vanilla, and obviously neither did you.
    So much fail in one sentence.. you just proved it's possible.
    You lie about something and think a powerless insult strongens your argument.
    But we all know who didnt play vanilla now , thank you.
    video game companies: *makes game with female/LGBT characters*

dudebros: wHAT HTe fUCK IS THSI SOCIAL ,.JUSITICE SHI.,,T,,...,.I canNOT,, BELEIVVB nnOT BYINHG...,

Quote Originally Posted by Cynnamynn
    So me and my friend were discussing Cataclysm and I told him how the first legendary would be a caster legendary, and I jokingly said that I'll be the first to get it. (I don't even think my guild will get one). And he then said that I'll never get one because Elemental Shaman don't deserve a caster legenedary...I was like lolwut?

His reasoning is that since Warlocks and Mages are pure classes they are most deserving of a legendary, while the hybrid casters shouldn't be allowed to get it. I thought this was absurd but he wouldn't budge.

What do you guys think?

Casters already have legendary. Atiesh.
    Shamans have never had a proper legendary for em, sulfuras was only for pvp and ulduar mace is only for healing.
    however sulfuras was good for paladins and thunderfury and ulduar mace too.
    Druids had dps and healer staff atiesh, and sulfuras works nowadays for em.

But Ele shaman never had one suitable for them.

10+ Year Old Account

The caster legendary will be a staff or a dager, a few reasons why:

1.Swords are out since priests, druids and shamans can't use them.
    2.Maces are out since mages and warlocks cant use them.

The tank legendary will most likely not be a weapon. Blizz needs to make it so all tanks can equip it. So that leave's us with
    Rings, trinkets and neck.

First one to come is the Tanking one, then caster in end game tier of cata

EDIT: Ups i forgot Druids sorry.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by mirodin
    First one to come is the Tanking one, then caster in end game tier of cata
    Uhh... what?
    I mean... the rest you wrote is okay and/or right.
    But I really can't agree with this one, because... you know... they said at Blizzcon that the Caster Legendary will be acquired in the very first Raid Tier of Cataclysm.
    So yeah, caster Legendary is the first to come and tanking legendary MIGHT come later in cata.

15+ Year Old Account

I'd prefer it to be a staff tbh (even tho i know ele shams are better with mh+shield) just because staff have more possibillity to look legendary, rather then daggers

But some ppl really need to get their facts straight before posting something what makes them look clueless -by saying something else then a caster thing is the first legendary in cata-.
    video game companies: *makes game with female/LGBT characters*

dudebros: wHAT HTe fUCK IS THSI SOCIAL ,.JUSITICE SHI.,,T,,...,.I canNOT,, BELEIVVB nnOT BYINHG...,

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenFlames
    I'd prefer it to be a staff tbh (even tho i know ele shams are better with mh+shield) just because staff have more possibillity to look legendary, rather then daggers
    Ele shaman tears will flood the forums and force the devs to build a boat if this happens (I think it probably will happen too QQ). If only for the fact that no raid will ever give a shaman a staff (legendary or not) unless no other casters want it. I do agree, staffs have a greater chance of looking much more legendary then daggers, but we've all see "daggers" in WotLK that look bigger then some swords...Really when you get down to it, caster legendaries are never as impressive (graphics wise) as phys dps ones, since most of the time the weapon is on our back or on our hip, whereas phys dps are always using them (thats if blizz continues with the whole legendary weapons, and not other articles of armour). Caster legenaries just need better proc effects (visually) like Val'ynar(?).
    No Darten, Elemental exists so resto shamans don't have to spend a minute to kill mobs when doing dailies.

Deleted

They may just make it staff. Right now, as it stands, ele's are more potent with Mh + shield, but that's not to say that won't change with cata. Using that theory, you could also say that in cata they may allow shamans, priests and druids to use swords aswell and make it a sword, but it seems less likely that they would make that change than just telling ele's to use a staff for once.
    Legendaries are separated by the way they look and by proc effects (most of the time). Making it a staff would give Blizzard a chance to really show what there artists are capable of, rather than a dagger, which is never seen, as some have previously pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by FuraxHunter
    You have made a terrible mistake, and clearly arent a vanilla player.

Aitesh - Shaman and hunter? No. Sorry, not happening. Ever.
    /endnerdrage

PS: Im a hunter and even I dont wanna loot a Thunder Fury, or Aitesh. Usless weapons for a hunter especially since there were no hunter staves in Vanilla it was all DW and 2 spears.
    Except you dont realize, when Thunderfury was first obtainable, the proc worked with ranged attacks. There were at least 2 hunters back in vanilla that got it, until they fixed it.

So while its not going to happen anymore, it did happen, so you cannot say "EVER".

Quote Originally Posted by rewn
    They may just make it staff. Right now, as it stands, ele's are more potent with Mh + shield, but that's not to say that won't change with cata. Using that theory, you could also say that in cata they may allow shamans, priests and druids to use swords aswell and make it a sword, but it seems less likely that they would make that change than just telling ele's to use a staff for once.
    Legendaries are separated by the way they look and by proc effects (most of the time). Making it a staff would give Blizzard a chance to really show what there artists are capable of, rather than a dagger, which is never seen, as some have previously pointed out.
    I don't have a problem useing a staff instead of a weapon/shield combo if its better. Problem is...will your guild let the shaman get the staff over other casters? Most probably wouldn't. Legendaries should go to those most deserving (ie long standing members who help out alot) but most guild will also look at who it would help the best. Staffs are almost always worse the weapon/shield combos for us.

On the bright side, they could just put spirit on it! Ignore that cata is changing caster stats and pretend this legendary staff with spirit drops from ICC...will make the joke easier.
    No Darten, Elemental exists so resto shamans don't have to spend a minute to kill mobs when doing dailies.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by FuraxHunter
    but I'v never seen a druid with *A* sword. ever.
    i actually played druid around 0.81 patch and druids had bows even back then - 45seconds roots and bowing warriors to death from range - priceless <3

I kinda agree with your friend OP...

Warlocks and Mages are dedicated casters, having all three specs devoted to it.

Elemental is just a spec.

It makes sense that the dedicated, "full-fledged" caster should have priority on a Casting Legendary.

But meh..that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by feed

Also caster's shouldn't get a staff or an caster weapon. They should receive an offhand book which enhances their spells or has a powerful on use item. As weapon don't really matter for caster's. Their spells do.
    That's actually a pretty cool idea I think. I suppose Holy pallies and Ele/Resto sham don't mind using offhands over shields right? Not like it gives them extra stats or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Scunosi
    That's actually a pretty cool idea I think. I suppose Holy pallies and Ele/Resto sham don't mind using offhands over shields right? Not like it gives them extra stats or anything.
    Actually you can enchant shields with SP. Also they're better for PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkduck
    Hunters had a sunwell legendary, rogues had a black temple legendary. Enh shamans have been shafted a bit, but ele at least would benefit from a caster legendary. The last caster legendary, not including the temporary ones from kael, was Atiesh from Vanilla. So casters haven't had one in a long time.

Classes that should be next on the list:
    Enh. shamans (somehow... they haven't had anything at all, and got glanced over by the latest offering as well)
    Casters (last one was atiesh in vanilla)
    Tanks (last one was thunderfury in vanilla, predating atiesh)
    Enhancement shaman actually had Sulfuras.

Thunderfury wasn't designed as a tanking weapon, but as a dps weapon. Its high dps(and threat through proc) were the only reason tanks wanted it. It had absolutely no tanking stats aside from stamina, and agility that scales like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by PISTOLownsyou
    Actually you can enchant shields with SP. Also they're better for PVP.
    That was sarcasm.

I believe Legendaries are made around classes, not specs.
    if you really were from Sweden this thread would be about metal

I actually agree with your friend as well.Pure dps spellcasters never had a proper legendary.And because we are a pure dps CLASS we have more limited options.

Priests,druids and shamans for example,as hybrids,could have a chance on Valanyr if we consider they were holy/resto.But we didnt.So it's still 0/3 against 1/3 (specs).

Isn't the fact that you can actually "weild" a legendary weapon whereas we(locks-mages) cannot,a bit unfair?I would be incredibly surprised and pissed off if they made every legendary usable by all hybrid classes plus pures.

I am a <spec> <class>. Should we make you a Legendary?

I am an Elemental shaman. Should we make you a Legendary? Probably,but pures have the priority.

I am a DPS warlock. Should we make you a Legendary? Yes,we are already late.

I main a warrior, do take what you will from what I say.

I'm not opposed to casters getting another legendary weapon. They're always neat to see and fun to get.

However, I think caster legendaries are a little tougher to do because which awesome weapon would you rather see? The hammer that is used to smash the opposition? Or the dagger/mace/staff that is pretty much only used as a focus for casters.

The melee weapon sounds a lot more exciting to me.

Cool procs like the hammer had were pretty awesome, and I'd love to see some more visible procs with caster weapons, when they get one.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

*sigh* at this discussion.

If you guys look at it, no legendaries have ever been zomgawd amazing, maybe except for Thunderfury (prenerf), and sulfuras for pvp (warriors and enh shamans, and reckadins, ouch). Legendaries are, ofcourse, better than their ilvl counterpart epics. Usually though, and especially for thunderfury (which is why it lasted even into Black Temple for tanks), it is the procc that works wonders.

Other than that... THEY'RE LOOKS! I mean, almost all legendaries so far (cept for atiesh (if im not much mistaken it was pretty much just a stick? :P) and sulfuras (altho u KNEW when someone had it)) have been overblown; Thunderfury, a 1hdr, is insanely big, the warglaives were HUGE and GREEN, I never saw any hunter with thori'dal but I believe it was pretty big if my recollection from pictures is correct. Shadowmourne is also big and showy (not as much as warglaives and TF but still).

So, if druids should ever get a legendary (ie for them only, which wont happen), it should be able to show on their char... Otherwise the point of a legendary is a moot one.

Anyway correct me if Im wrong in the above information.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Uliaoth
    I actually agree with your friend as well.Pure dps spellcasters never had a proper legendary.And because we are a pure dps CLASS we have more limited options.

Priests,druids and shamans for example,as hybrids,could have a chance on Valanyr if we consider they were holy/resto.But we didnt.So it's still 0/3 against 1/3 (specs).

Isn't the fact that you can actually "weild" a legendary weapon whereas we(locks-mages) cannot,a bit unfair?I would be incredibly surprised and pissed off if they made every legendary usable by all hybrid classes plus pures.

I am a <spec> <class>. Should we make you a Legendary?

I am an Elemental shaman. Should we make you a Legendary? Probably,but pures have the priority.

I am a DPS warlock. Should we make you a Legendary? Yes,we are already late.
    Youuu haven't played WoW that long, have you? And didn't read this thread, right? Because.. you know... there already were pure DPS caster legendaries....
    Ever heard of "Atiesh"? Was a Caster Legendary in Vanilla, could be worn by Druids, Priests, MAGES and WARLOCKS.
    So yes, pure casters already had their Legendary. Elementals had none.
    It's like saying Ferals wouldn't deserve a Legendary, since they already had their caster Legendaries. Which is plain stupid.