Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Caster Legendary

Quote Originally Posted by Generate
    Think it's gonna be a tank legendary. Probably a shield. (atleast that's what I'm hoping for)
    just no.

Quote Originally Posted by Creos Malkor
    Becuase Blizzard is going to make a legendary item for one spec of one class right?
    So polearms cant be used by hunters/DK?

an aura like the raven priests in scarlet area in icecrown. casters should have aura and spell . now thatd be flex.
    LOL, look at this angry kid go. Sounds like someone is bleeding from the vagina today. I don't know what I said to piss you off like this, kid, but I do know you must have TONS of friends and a healthy social life with that personality!-(Sindershock)
    The hardcore players are happy with the difficulty (with the exception of Buzzkill, who seems to enjoy complaining)
    Plagued Proto-Drakes suddenly become "Slightly Infected Chicken Drakes", or "Last Nights Takeaway Drakes".chronalis
    `Trolls need locks, wtf. It only fucking makes the most sense.`

Quote Originally Posted by Mayor Of Orgrimmar
    Thats not entirely true.
    Some of the top guilds are still using valanyr.
    Yep, in fact not only some but ALL those people with Valnyr are still using it and will be using it most likely throughout Icecrown. The imba "proc-that-scales-with-healing" is THAT good, most threorycrafters still consider Valnyr BiS mainhand for healers.

So as you can see, healers got a WEAPON that still is great for them through a proc, allthough they rely on spells and dont use the weapon directly.

So expect a caster legendary to work in similar ways... of course, a weapon is for casters alot less of a big deal than for physical dps.
    But a proc can go a long way, and a SCALING proc can bring a Legendary through several tiers of content without devaluating it that much. If designed correctly, you can expect this caster legendary to be lasting throughout probably most of Cataclysm.
    I'm a Rock; Scissors are fine, but damn, Paper needs a nerf!

Quote Originally Posted by Creos Malkor
    Becuase Blizzard is going to make a legendary item for one spec of one class right?
    ateish, a weapon for each spec of 4 class's
    Death Knight, Druid, Hunter, Mage, Paladin, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Warlock, Warriorbest thread ever
    [url=http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/*updated*icecrown-what-really-happened-spoilers-ahead-!/]http://www.mmo-c

Deleted

The first legendary in Cata will probably be Neptulon's trident, which controls the seas.

Personally I think they should make it a staff kinda that you get through a quest that can turn up in three forms:

1: Caster staff with spirit, for all the healers, aka druids and priests

2: Caster staff wo spirit, for the dps

3: Staff for hunters and ferals

No idea how we could fit shammy's in in any way here, unless it's so good it'll beat 1h+shield for ele and resto

I'm pretty sure all loot in cataclysm should just say "Classes: Shaman" and that is that. Other classes don't even deserve loot!

Jokes aside, some kind of class specific legendary weapons that "morhped" with your spec (kind of like how heirloom weapons upgrade with your level), would be nice. For instance, let's say it starts as a resto legendary. You "use" the weapon and it becomes an elemental legendary. Use it again and it becomes an enhance one. Or perhaps have it just change when you change specs, or require you to "reforge" it with some material cost.

Yeah, something like that could be considered "OP", but then again, how many evil dragons and monsters do we have to kill and how many times do we have to save the world from imminent doom before we actually are OP?

Speaking of which, I think I've saved the world enough times to not have to pay for a drink of water or to have some vendor repair my gear by now!

well warlocks and mages haven't had a legendary since atiesh, people say there should be tanking legendaries but they're class is still has the option to respecc and get the legendary anyway

Recently there has been Warglaives, warriors and rogues, Thori'dal, any class who can use a bow, Val'nyr, druids, priests, shamans but still nothing for mages and warlocks, who can actually use something, or use it effectively
    Fire is good, it gives people fire, warmth and the ability to cook stuff, it also sets people alight, yay!

The Druid version of Atiesh had Feral-AP back in the day, just saying...

Eventually Blizzard will collect enough warlock tears to make Quel'Quelar, Vial of Tears as a legendary warlock weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Generate
    Think it's gonna be a tank legendary. Probably a shield. (atleast that's what I'm hoping for)
    You are wrong. They specifically said it will be a caster weapon. And why would they ever make a legendary shield? Only two specs in the game could use it. Unless you give it different stats depending on who uses it...

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Dagger, so all DPS Casters could use it.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh Warlock
    well warlocks and mages haven't had a legendary since atiesh, people say there should be tanking legendaries but they're class is still has the option to respecc and get the legendary anyway

Recently there has been Warglaives, warriors and rogues, Thori'dal, any class who can use a bow, Val'nyr, druids, priests, shamans but still nothing for mages and warlocks, who can actually use something, or use it effectively
    Val'anyr was not for all druids, priests, shamans, palas, it is a class specific weapon, and moonkin, shadow priest, elemental shaman to use it it just sad!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Dagger, so all DPS Casters could use it.
    if its gonna have spirit on it, i swear im gonna kick puppies all over the town.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82
    Val'anyr was not for all druids, priests, shamans, palas, it is a class specific weapon, and moonkin, shadow priest, elemental shaman to use it it just sad!!!!
    you just quoted me exactly, its a class specific weapon, but its more of a talent specific weapon, if you see a moonkin with valnyr, who morphs back into normal form to cast a few healing spells for proc instead of dpsing, fair enough, or they could respecc and make the weapon more viable
    Fire is good, it gives people fire, warmth and the ability to cook stuff, it also sets people alight, yay!

10+ Year Old Account

All of you mages and locks crying about having only had ONE legendary.

Guess what? Elemental Shaman have never had a legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh Warlock
    you just quoted me exactly, its a class specific weapon, but its more of a talent specific weapon, if you see a moonkin with valnyr, who morphs back into normal form to cast a few healing spells for proc instead of dpsing, fair enough, or they could respecc and make the weapon more viable
    wtf would a moonkin have val'anyr unless they were offspec DPSing? And even if they did, why would they go caster form to throw some heals, for the proc, whic would do nothing for their DPS and pretty much nothing heals wise either.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakatashi
    All of you mages and locks crying about having only had ONE legendary.

Guess what? Elemental Shaman have never had a legendary.
    I'm pretty sure Blizzard just plans on deleting the elemental tree anyway. What's up with the 4pc change? Thanks for the extra DPS on trash? I guess? Or in PVP? I'm not sure it makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account

Helps mah trash deeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic
    wtf would a moonkin have val'anyr unless they were offspec DPSing? And even if they did, why would they go caster form to throw some heals, for the proc, whic would do nothing for their DPS and pretty much nothing heals wise either.
    yes, but its still a legendary, for their class, if you started as a moonkin, you could say 'ooo i'd like a legendary' and be lucky enough to get the mace, and use it properly, a mage could use the mace, but whatever talent they are, always have a useless proc

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiago
    [left]Warriors: Warglaives x2/Thori'Dal/Thunderfury/Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros (they can use Val'anyr and Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian!) - 5 (7)
    Warlocks: Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian (They can use Thunderfury) 1 (2)
    Paladins: Thunderfury/Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros /Shadowmourne/Val'anyr 4
    Rogues: Thunderfury/Warglaives x2/Thori'Dal (they can use Val'anyr) 4 (5)
    Priests: Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian/Val'anyr 2
    DK's: Shadowmourne (They can use Thunderfury/Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros/Val'anyr) 1 (4)
    Mages: Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian (Can use Thunderfury) 1 (2)
    Hunters: Thori'Dal (they can use Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian/Thunderfury) 1 (3
    Shamans: Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian/Val'anyr/Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros 3
    Druids: Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian/Val'anyr (they can use Thunderfury/Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros) 2 (4)
    Val'anyr and atiesh are class specific.

Val'anyr : Priest, Paladin, Shaman and Druid.
    Atiesh: Druid, Priest, Warlock and Mage.

They cannot be used by for example warriors :