Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: People abuse the vote-kick to much

Hmm, I've run a lot of heroics and I've not seen anything like this, I suspect the scenario went something like this:

Undergeared priest zones into instance and tank doesn't like look. Due to inattention on part of said healer tank's HPs bounce around like a rubber ball and he grows increasingly annoyed. After one near miss or worse tank death he discovers the priest was busy mining a node and not healing him, in this case the final straw.

vote-kick ensues.

There are many sucky healers in LFG, if you aren't one people won't kick you because the replacement may be worse and you can only kick one person from each group (at least that's been my experience). You are getting repeatedly kicked, ergo you are probably one of the sucky ones

The only time I've had a vote-kick abused on me was when 3 members of the party were guildies and kicked me just before loot at the end. /shrug

the tank would always be above 95%
    I mined after the adds were down and was waiting for them to pull boss
    Charak - Blade's Edge - Raider - Season 4 Gladiator (Retired Rogue PvPer)
    Subscribe to my current youtube channel for current raid videos.
    www.youtube.com/maxwilso

Quote Originally Posted by Xorious
    1. First do the instance, if you wanna mine go fucking mine outside, you'r just wasting people's time.
    Oh give me a break. It takes five seconds. If people can't wait five seconds for somebody to mine a node they have serious problems that have nothing at all to do with the person mining.

2. Let him die one time, most of the time he'll stop, if he then nerdrages, then idd you can stop healing.
    Let him die, then if he doesn't stop or nerd rages let him die?

How about something more sensible? Try the reverse: Heal him one time and tell him it's the only time. If he pulls again, you warned him and he's going to get exactly what you said he's going to get (zero heals). If he nerd rages, who cares? At the end of the day, there are only two possibilities. Either he listens to you and stops what he's doing (woohoo!) or he doesn't, pulls aggro again and we're back to him getting what he deserves. And for bonus points, he looks bad for not listening as opposed to the healer looking bad for somebody "randomly" dying.

(As an aside: I know DPS don't like to watch their aggro anymore, but it's part of your job. Nobody cares what your DPS was if you do no total damage because you're dead all the time. In the same way that we don't care if you did 10k DPS on the last boss if you AFK your way through the entire instance. You're not helping. I know tanks suck sometimes and I'm sympathetic to that, but if you're pulling for any reason other than that you're going to die. Ditto for if you can't be bothered to move out of void zones or puddles of goo; you get one or two heals to give you time to notice and maybe finish your cast and after that you're on your own.)

As far as the original topic: Yes, vote kicks get abused. I've never been kicked personally, but a group I was in a few days ago kicked a rogue from the group right before the last boss in H HOL (screwing him out of his frost badges) and I don't even know why he was kicked. They didn't say anything, he wasn't afk, his DPS wasn't low... maybe he was doing something horrible that I never noticed, but I don't know. All I know is all three of the members other than me and the rogue were from the same guild, which meant they had all the power they needed just by grouping together.

However, I also see the flip side of the coin. I was in a H TOC (5 man) the other day with a buddy who was the tank. We get in, get mounted, and I notice something strange about the two rogues that show up--both from the same server. They have a fucking dress on. Inspecting them turned up bunny ears as well. I think he may have been wearing a spellpower weapon as well, but he put his lance on before I could inspect that piece of gear. Anyway, the battle starts and the rest of us start lancing -- meanwhile those two are standing near the middle just spinning in circles. I said "are you two going to do something or are we going to leave?" The only response was more spinning, so we did. I'm sorry we screwed the healer like that, but I'm not about to carry these two idiots to any gear, gold or disenchanting mats.

I don't know if they were bots (probably) or just assholes--well, they were assholes either way I suppose--but it wasn't particularly fun for my only options to be to either leave and take the deserter debuff, carry these morons, or stand around twiddling my thumbs for 15 minutes until we could initiate a kick. I don't know how you solve problems like that without opening the system to even more abuse. It probably can't be done, and I don't know which is more important to handle.

The system sucks... Some1 ninjas an item and you can't kick him untill the 15 min dungeon timer or w/e weird shit you need to wait for came down to clearing the instance with him just standing @ first boss...

Deleted

I totally agree here

When people are afk or brb in a group i often see someone says "Just kick him and lets move on!" I mean...relax?
    Its like now it has become a thing you just do so you can get the instance overwith as quick as possible

A few days ago i was in UP and then my phone ringed. I said "brb guys phone" The call took me under 1min and when i came back they were all talking about "Ooooh lets kick the healer!!!" and i was like "Lol Relax"

If all 4 other group members are against you, they should be able to remove you, no matter if they're right or not - a GM can't always come around to evaluate the situation.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Deleted

whatever is wrong, remember it helps to cry on random internet forums.. like this one.
    now your problems are solveed. AND we all get entertainment when we critize you

have a nice day. and i hope you come back some other time with similar pointless storys.

i love the internet!

Quote Originally Posted by Aethrid
    Call me grammar nazi, but people who spell 'too' as 'to' just fucking piss me off. I dont give a shit what country your from or what language you speak, your speaking/writing english you fucking morons, learn to spell, learn english, fucking spell on of the simplest (?) words in the english dictionary fucking right(.)
    It's YOU'RE not your.
    Your–pronoun
    1. (a form of the possessive case of you used as an attributive adjective): Your jacket is in that closet. I like your idea. Compare yours.
    2. one's (used to indicate that one belonging to oneself or to any person): The consulate is your best source of information. As you go down the hill, the library is on your left.
    3. (used informally to indicate all members of a group, occupation, etc., or things of a particular type): Take your factory worker, for instance. Your power brakes don't need that much servicing.
    I think english should also be English (not sure, as this isn't my main language). Don't instead of dont. It's also common practice to use a (.) at the end of a phrase. Not sure what the italicized part is suppose to be saying...

Edit:
    On topic, I've started running into people that go afk or don't do anything but follow the group on short dungeons (ToC for example). They can't be kicked for 15 mins (or is it 10...), so unless the group dies several times, they have nothing to worry about. Last ToC run, I got a ret pal that had his lance equiped the whole time, and did nothing but auto attack (his dps was something like 100), and that's only when he actually did something. Wouldn't have been too much an issue, except he needed on everything he could (2 weapons, 1 spell plate and and 1 tank pants...plus the orb). Again, this wouldn't have been too much of an issue, except the tank in the group wanted the pants, and the healer (another pal) wanted the gloves(?), and I think there was a DK that wanted the weapon, all of these people actually did something to earn the drops.

WTB no cd on the kick (or being able to kick more then 1 person per run). Will this lead to asshats going on a kicking frenzy? Maybe, but it's useless to kick someone, only to have another person replace them and go afk.
    No Darten, Elemental exists so resto shamans don't have to spend a minute to kill mobs when doing dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Alorn
    Wow, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you have some issues with your English teacher.

Are you really sure you want to publicly go down this road, because your own English isn't perfect either..

- English, capital E for proper names - ex. '... speaking/writing English...'
    - Lack of articles - ex. 'Call me a grammar nazi'
    - Improper conjugation of 'you are' and 'do not' - ex. 'I don't give a shit what country you're from...
    - Weak punctuation - use full stop instead of comma.
    - Weak sentence syntax, rephrase - ex. 'fucking spell on of the simplest words in the English dictionary fucking right'

Better luck next time though. If you really want to troll someone for their language, at least have the decency to do it properly.

PURE WIN!!
    "Peace is a lie"

i like the vote kick. me and my three friends always vote-kick b4 last boss just for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by skarsgård
    i like the vote kick. me and my three friends always vote-kick b4 last boss just for fun.
    You four seem to have the combined IQ of a snail. I hope I never group with you.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Helmeri
    1. ofc u can mine if u like
    2. let the tard die >
    3. gz for mount.
    4. He said he's been only 11hours on lvl80
    Im sure it didn't say that before he edited..

Honestly, I wish the vote kick system would be used more. I wish people had the self respect to realize when they're carrying someone and just let that person gear up on their own.

I'm willing to put up with minor amounts of random mental illness but at this point there is no excuse for a dps to not be doing at least 3k all the time in heroics. There's no reason a healer can't heal any of the base level heroics, nor is there any reason a fresh 80 tank can't handle any of the starter heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylie
    ???
    Recent hotfix makes the blue drake drop from Occ. Now both Maly 10 and 25 drop Azure drake (armored blue drake).
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    Honestly, I wish the vote kick system would be used more. I wish people had the self respect to realize when they're carrying someone and just let that person gear up on their own.
    My irony meter broke badly on this one. Heroics are designed, by their very bloody nature to be used as a gear-up for people in BLUES. You know, sub-200 ilvl crowd.

It's us in T9 and T10 that are aliens in there. Not them. Even if you carry your group, you are still a bloody alien. I wish the mediocre dumbasses in great gear would realise that without having to meet someone like myself who wipes the floor with them on DPS in heroics, and doesn't whine about them sucking. We are there to make the run fast, smooth and as speedy as possible. Which is in our own best interest.

I'm willing to put up with minor amounts of random mental illness but at this point there is no excuse for a dps to not be doing at least 3k all the time in heroics. There's no reason a healer can't heal any of the base level heroics, nor is there any reason a fresh 80 tank can't handle any of the starter heroic.
    The excuse is called "gear", "not knowing how to play the class" and so on. Heroics are there to TEACH people - a first stepping stone for newbies to get familiar with raiding.

I would never kick someone who's undergeared, or clearly learning the ropes. I abso-fucking-lutely will call a votekick on some mediocre overgeared dumbass who boosts his ego by crying over someone not doing enough DPS. Granted, by the virtue of being a death knight I can both tank and DPS instances easily, and on most boss fights I don't even need tanks or healers with my level of DPS - army will tank them for me long enough.
    One decent DPS in current gear is more then enough to carry the party through heroics at the moment - and yes, this includes HoR. If you can't carry your group through it, and you have up to date-gear, it's not them who is sucking. It's you.

And if you can, then what the heck are you complaining about? Just get the badges of the day, and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_
    My irony meter broke badly on this one. Heroics are designed, by their very bloody nature to be used as a gear-up for people in BLUES. You know, sub-200 ilvl crowd.

It's us in T9 and T10 that are aliens in there.
    So long as you get frost emblems out of heroics once a day. They are very much meant for high end players. Blues and 200 ilvl epics are the rarity. 232-245 epics are the norm.

I was in Heroic PoS on one of my alliance Mage toons and got voted out of the group

this is the first time I have ever gotten kicked

was it because of my dps? no
    was it because my damage was low? no

it was because there were 3 ppl in the group from Ma'Ganis - tank, warlock, dk

priest healer from Ysondre (very good one!)

the lock was doing pathetic dps/dmg so i switched my fm to the priest healer to see if I might get more of a return on it vs the lame lock

as soon as I did that, the lock started complaining via whispers, along with the dk

we get to the 2nd boss - the tank whispers me that I need to give the lock the FM back or he will flip, and then the tank proceeds to pull the boss without clearing all the adds which wipe the group

while running back I get a whisper from the priest that they were voting me out of the group and she was declining it, and then I get voted out (3 ppl in group from MalGanis......)

that is complete bullshit

People abuse the vote kick when u have to many blue gear. Its get better each time u gain more purple.. Yes i got kicked sometimes by idiot group at start, the more gear u collect the less likely.

Its a real pain in the a ss for new players and alt players... Offcourse if u been playing since release and wear shiny purples u wont experience this but just because u havent top gear people will kick u for no reason because they gonna blaim the failures on u if something goes wrong.

I say everyone make a crappy alt and try to gear him and even tho u might be an imba player in imba guild, u probably still will get kicked because they can blaim it on your gear Even if nothing goes wrong, u could be kicked just because people dont like normal geared people.... A fresh player can only do about 1500-2000 dps if your in blues switching from normal dungeon to heroics..

votekick should only be able to used for dc'ed people or afkers...

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    So long as you get frost emblems out of heroics once a day. They are very much meant for high end players. Blues and 200 ilvl epics are the rarity. 232-245 epics are the norm.
    Since I'm not seeing the "you must have x level of gear to aquire frost emblems" requirement anywhere, I'll have to assume that you are truly so narcissistic that you are incapable of understanding the concept of "meant for EVERYONE and not just MEMEME".

Blues and 200ilvl epics are NORM for freshly dinged people. You are unable to get any gear above that ilvl before you hit 80 in the first place, other then by buying it from AH. And once again, heroics were DESIGNED back when ilvl200 was norm. People in that gear are in the proper place in heroics. We are NOT.

As for the badges, they're not there for you. They're not there for me. They are not there for blue geared people. They are for EVERYONE.
    And your, and many others' incapability of grasping this simple point is truly sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Charak
    People abuse the vote-kick to much
    Yes, they do.