Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

[BM] Some suggestions to put in back in pve!

As the title states, i have come up with some suggestions to increase the potential of the BM hunter's pve damage without affecting pvp too much.

These aren't suggestions like: You pet deals 5% more damage. BM Hunter's need something to increase their OWN damage. And deep enough in the tree to prevent other specs from benefiting.

All these suggestions are single suggestions, they aren't supposed to ALL be included.

Suggestion #1: Frenzy Change
    Current:
    Gives your pet a 100% chance to gain a 30% attack speed increase for 8 sec after dealing a critical strike.
    New:
    Gives your pet a 100% chance to gain a 30% attack speed increase for 8 sec after dealing a critical strike, and reduces the global cooldown caused by your Steady Shot ability by 0.5 sec at all times.

What this does is increasing the value of your haste, and allowing for more Steady Shots. PVP Hunters generally don't have so much haste, so that doesn't interfere either.

Suggestion #2: Longevity
    Current:
    Reduces the cooldown of your Bestial Wrath, Intimidation and Pet Special Abilities by 30%.
    New:
    Reduces the cooldown of your Bestial Wrath, Intimidation and Pet Special Abilities by 30%, and causes your Arcane Shot ability to deal an additional 30% damage over 12 seconds whenever it critically strikes. (Works similiar as Deep Wounds/Ignite)

Increases the value as Arcane Shot as an actual nuke. Since BM lacks one (Surv has Explosive shot, MMS has Chimera sting)

Suggestion #3:Beast Mastery Change
    Current:
    You master the art of Beast training, teaching you the ability to tame Exotic pets and increasing your total amount of Pet Skill Points by 4.
    New:
    You master the art of Beast training, teaching you the ability to tame Exotic pets and increasing your total amount of Pet Skill Points by 4. In addition your pet's melee attack speed is increased by 50% of the hunter's ranged Haste rating.

Suggestion #4: Bestial Discipline Change
    Current:
    Increases the Focus regeneration of your pets by 100%.
    New:
    Increases the Focus regeneration of your pets by 100%. In addition, causes your Serpent Sting ability to restore 1% of your base mana whenever it deals damage over time, and your Arcane Shot's damage over time component to restore 3% of base mana whenever it deals damage over time.

Note: The Longevity change will cause the AS to tick 4 times over 12 seconds. 1 tick per 3 sec.

Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

15+ Year Old Account

Re: [BM] Some suggestions to put in back in pve!

TBH i actually like this haha, ive always said BM needed its own "shot" because arcane just dosnt cut it but with a piercing shots type ability on it, it might actually be worth a damn.

At least those are in the right direction. Might be worth looking into them really.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

post the ideas on the wow forums and get a blue to reply
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

pet damage for BM hunter needs to be jumped up by about 10-15% THEN any BM hunter change is put into affect

a BM hunter is not a ranged toon ... he is a ranged/melee toon 1 toon 2 bodies so half damage needs to come from pet and half from the hunter till you can FIX the pet scaling issue you cannot have a true fix to BM hunters

Arcane shot isn't how you would go about about buffing BM the spec already has a high reliance on the shot and any further buffing and it would become a spell like LvB for ele, a spell that if you didn't hit it the tenth of second it came off CD your dps suffered. Instead i would go about buffing BM through multi-shot. By buffing BM via multi-shot you eliminate the risk of it throwing off PvP due to the fact that BM is forced to keep up the Aimed Shot debuff.

Here is what I think is needed to make the spec viable, with minimal effects on the pvp front:
    -Animal Handler: In addition to its current effects, Your multi-shot now causes your pet to instantly lash out with a vicious attack causing damage equal to 25% of its attack power.
    -Aspect Mastery: Your Aspect of the Beast now increases your attack power by 5%
    -The Beat Within: After your Bestial wrath fades you gain the buff Adrenaline, increasing your dmg done and your pets dmg done by 5%, Which fades at a rate of 1% dmg per 10seconds.
    **pets now scale with haste and ArP**
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

Deleted

gcd reduction for steady shot is a nice idea, maybe add it to longevity though.
    additionally some better manareg would be nice, maybe in kindred spirits:
    [...]
    Additionally, as long as your pet is alive and kickin', your autoshots replenish 0.1/0.2/.../0.5% of your maximum mana.

something like that.

add to this haste-influenced pets and it would be fine.
    dont expect arp to buff your pet as that stat will be removed anyways and blizz wont care to implement it ^^

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Glaceon
    Arcane shot isn't how you would go about about buffing BM the spec already has a high reliance on the shot and any further buffing and it would become a spell like LvB for ele, a spell that if you didn't hit it the tenth of second it came off CD your dps suffered. Instead i would go about buffing BM through multi-shot. By buffing BM via multi-shot you eliminate the risk of it throwing off PvP due to the fact that BM is forced to keep up the Aimed Shot debuff.

Here is what I think is needed to make the spec viable, with minimal effects on the pvp front:
    -Animal Handler: In addition to its current effects, Your multi-shot now causes your pet to instantly lash out with a vicious attack causing damage equal to 25% of its attack power.
    -Aspect Mastery: Your Aspect of the Beast now increases your attack power by 5%
    -The Beat Within: After your Bestial wrath fades you gain the buff Adrenaline, increasing your dmg done and your pets dmg done by 5%, Which fades at a rate of 1% dmg per 10seconds.
    **pets now scale with haste and ArP**
    All you do is increasing the amount of dps caused by the pet, which is the exact opposite of what I wanted to achieve.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Give BM a significant shot, thats the only way BM will be PvE viable, lets look at it this way: Lets take explosive out of survial it sucks, lets take chimera out of MM it sucks, This is only my opinion and i think the only way BM will be able to keep up with the 2 current specs. But meh blizz said its all about the pet

Eg:
    Beastial Shot: Unleashes the forces of the beasts causing you to deal (A % OF YOUR PETS AP),
    you could elabourate on this is this, this is just an example it will do a fair ammount of damage and still keep the intrest of the pet in the talent tree, this also might bring back intrest in 'Aspect of the beast' as you'll be giving your pet and the shot 10% more damage
    Classic WoW.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Netherinfern0
    Give BM a significant shot, thats the only way BM will be PvE viable,
    Ill give it a try to make an interesting, fun, and unique shot. But not something that can be easily exploited, leading to a carnage in PVP

And I just got the greatest idea lol.

Sharking Shot Rank 1
    7% of base mana 5-35 yd range
    Instant cast 15 sec cooldown
    Requires Ranged Weapon
    A highly deceiting shot which lowers your threat and causes the Sharked debuff on the target. Whenever a target is Sharked, it bleeds for [RAP*0.09 + 103]-[RAP*0.09 + 175] every second for 6 seconds. Your Pet's melee attacks have a 30% chance of increases the Sharked duration by 1 second. Each tick causes 2.5% more damage then the previous one, up to a maximum of 25% additional damage. Sharking Shot cannot be parried, blocked, or deflected.

Has a synergizing talent:

Improved Mend Pet now
    Reduces the mana cost of your Mend Pet spell by 20% and gives the Mend Pet spell a 50% chance of cleansing 1 Curse, Disease, Magic or Poison effect from the pet each tick.

Improved Mend Pet, changed:
    Reduces the mana cost of your Mend Pet spell by 20% and gives the Mend Pet spell a 50% chance of cleansing 1 Curse, Disease, Magic or Poison effect from the pet each tick. In addition, your pet's melee attacks have an additional 20% chance of triggering Sharked, increasing it's duration by 1 sec.

Don't know if it's TOO much, but it sure packs quite a kick. My first idea was to allow Kill Shoot to be used without the health requirement. But i thought that might be waaaay too strong for pvp, because this can fall off in pvp at least.

(I would type more stuff, but i got some sort of bug which forces my text to scroll up whenever i type... )

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sharking

The fact it's *Sharking* is just so it has a beastily flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator
    All you do is increasing the amount of dps caused by the pet, which is the exact opposite of what I wanted to achieve.
    Except I don't just do that. I increase both with The hunters dmg with Aspect mastery and the pets dmg as well. This is also true with the Adrenaline buff. The only pure pet dmg increase is done through Multi-shot.

You guys need to be realistic and think of this from a game design point of view, BM isn't going to get another instant cast shot. With the current success of comps like beast cleave the last thing blizz wants to do is increase hunter burst. On top of this with BM hunters having Beastial Wrath and 10second master's call giving them another mobile shot would further throw off balance. From a game design stand point your two options for increasing BM's dmg via pure shot dmg is through either Arcane shot, Multi-shot, or Steady Shot. From a players perspective it is never nice to have your spec rely on one spell with a short cooldown, just ask ele shamans.

Ideally this leaves steady shot and Multi-shot left, a significant buff to steady shot would cause it to out value multi-shot making BM's rotation a lot less fun leaving Multi-shot our only option left.
    You can buff this shot however is necessary but for reasons demonstrated it is the ideal shot to buff. A deep BM talent needs to increase the dmg of this shot by 10-15% and make it truly instant cast.

In addition to this pet scaling needs to be addressed by allowing haste and mastery/arp to transfer to pets. And hunters need a small overall dmg buff as i try and accomplish with my Adrenaline buff.
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

o hey its another lets fix bm pve thread

Quote Originally Posted by Quesly
    o hey its another lets fix bm pve thread
    gtfo your not helping, troll
    Classic WoW.

MM actually could compete ok without chimera shot we'd just be doing 15-20% less damage

But anyways some good bm buffs could be, also bm is about the pet, most bm hunters like having a strong pet and right now bm pets are not scaling thats what's bringing them down.

Here is a shot that could come with the Beast Mastery Talent or something

Bestial Shot
    25 Second Cooldown
    You fire a larger than normal arrow/bullet full of venom(or arcane) doing 75% weapon damage as nature/arcane and marking a spot for your pet to attack increasing its armor penetration, critical strike rating, attack power, and haste rating by 20% for 10 seconds.

Yeah the cooldown is a little long, but it gives a giant buff to your pet.

Another talent idea

Power of the Moon (or something like that)
    Increases you and your pets arcane damage by 3/6/9% and also giving you a 10/20/30% you or your pet deals damage chance of activating Arcane Power letting you and your pet deal 15% additional damage as arcane damage for 15 seconds, this ability can only be activated every 40 seconds.

Possibly another one

Viper Eyes
    Reduces the damage penalty of aspect of the viper by, 10/20/30% and lets it regain mana 5/10/15% faster.