Thread: Badges priority

Badges priority

So, I stumbled across the following problem:

The first badges upgrade was quite obvious, the trinket is clearly BiS and will be for a while (if not till cataclysm). But eventhough I'm loaded with badges now it's quite hard to choose a new upgrade. I simmed the regular t10 pieces against the 245 tier 9 ones and the difference in dps values seemed to be minimal (if not less). And due to the fact that I won't be able to obtain a token for atleast 2 weeks I wondered what other people in my situation have done. I contacted some other shaman friends and they had the similar problem.

What is the best badge upgrade after having bought the trinket? (If not having the ability to uprade it to 10.25)

Deleted

Re: Badges priority

Simming buying a single Tier item is a bad idea. You will see a dps drop. What you should be looking at is the gain from getting TWO items not just one. For Enhance getting the 2pc bonus is a big increase, breaking the T9 bonus is a big dps loss so trying to sim for only one item will show you bad results.

Also given the change to how buying Tier kit works in ICC which is dramatically better than it was in ToC it is not worth waiting before getting your T10. It makes sense to simply purchase your Tier piece the instant you have the badges don't wait for getting a token. If it breaks a set bonus and the sim shows that to be a dps loss then keep it in your bags until you get the second piece.

Remember that the upgrade to the + token version is simply hand in the old piece + token none of the crap we had with T9 having to spend more badges. If you get a token you can instantly upgrade a T10 piece NO MORE BADGES REQUIRED.

Another good idea is to buy the haste relikt. For me it was a 150+ dps boost (If you use flameshock)

Quote Originally Posted by Holls
    So, I stumbled across the following problem:

The first badges upgrade was quite obvious, the trinket is clearly BiS and will be for a while (if not till cataclysm). But eventhough I'm loaded with badges now it's quite hard to choose a new upgrade. I simmed the regular t10 pieces against the 245 tier 9 ones and the difference in dps values seemed to be minimal (if not less). And due to the fact that I won't be able to obtain a token for atleast 2 weeks I wondered what other people in my situation have done. I contacted some other shaman friends and they had the similar problem.

What is the best badge upgrade after having bought the trinket? (If not having the ability to uprade it to 10.25)
    Are you talking about the trinket for Casters? Is that really BiS? I can't imagine an On-Use trinket BiS... Or are you talking about Enhancement? I'm confused as to which spec you're talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    GoD isn't so great for unholy
    Quote Originally Posted by HoX
    i dont understamd ???

Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone
    Are you talking about the trinket for Casters? Is that really BiS? I can't imagine an On-Use trinket BiS... Or are you talking about Enhancement? I'm confused as to which spec you're talking about.
    Almost certain he's talking about enhance since http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50355 would seem to be better than all but a possible couple of heroic 25 trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharrag
    Another good idea is to buy the haste relikt. For me it was a 150+ dps boost (If you use flameshock)
    Not sure what you are talking about at all really, the new relics are barely upgrades over the triumph relics and should probably be saved until absolute last given the triumph relics are so easy to obtain.

As for me, I took tier shoulders since the hunters ran away with all my HM chest pieces and so I was using the Anub 10 HM shoulders. The only mail shoulders we know of in ICC 25 are -8 agi -8 haste +1 socket compared to tier, which has to be about the smallest upgrade you can get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.