Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: why did you chose your class?

I play shadowpriest. It all started when i saw the talent points for the first time and saw Shadowform, I thought ZOMFG what an insanse talent and has never looked back since

Feral Cat

Because the damage is considered hardest in game, so when I pull top 3, it means Im playing well against other well geared people, and didnt faceroll my way to my numbers

I started as a warrior, cause I wanted to tank, and was going to Recruit a friend with a priest at my side. The friend ended up never playing his priest, so I set the warrior down and started a couple other things until I stumbled on paladin. It was like a warrior, but I didn't need to have a priest tag along to heal me. It was 100 times easier to level as a paladin then a warrior, so he became my main. I eventually got my warrior to 80, but it's just not the same, so I stick with my paladin for the most part, especially for tanking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zeromus
    One time a ret pally crit me so hard that my character exploded and killed all my alts

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

started of playing hunter played it for 4 years rerolled pala cause i wanted off spec loot.....

Nice topic you have going here

When I first started playing MMOs and just RPGs in general, I really enjoyed any caster class. Woo, magic! But after reading a book, the idea of an assassin became appealing. Played Elder Scrolls III and IV as an Assassin, so when I started WoW, a Rogue was naturally my first choice. Though I've maxed out a shaman, and love healing on him, my rogue is still definitely my main...

As an interesting side note, my friend who played at the time had me pegged as a caster, and was surprised when I didn't roll a mage

rogue = awesome 8)
    night elf rogue = these racials look pretty good, plus, dang they did a good job on the night elf model. ooh that face looks like illidan. awweeesome. 8) 8) 8)

i don't regret the decision, rogues are the class of misc. perks, escape situations, ganking, and low repair bills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Shaman = my brother played one

Death Knight = Bored of Shaman dps cycle (pve main)

Rogue = they kept kicking my ass..

Mage = They were kicking my rogue's ass!
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

Well my cousin was like you should try world of warcraft. I was like no that for nerds. After a few weeks of pestering me about it he convinced me to try a trial. He was like what do you wanna play. Playing Warcraft 3 I had always like the nelf campaign, so i was like I wanna be a night elf rogue on a pvp server! He goes but i'm on horde and i have friends on this server. I don't wanna be on a carebear RP server i say. He says but i'm not leaving.
    Fine I'll be an undead rogue. Idk where they start at. YOU BASTARD! Well i know where tauren, orcs, and trolls start. Well i hate cow ppl and i didn't wanna be an orc (Hated their campaign) Ok I'll be a troll rogue. No lets both roll hunters it'll be fun. So i go alright its not like i'll be sticking with this game anyway, so I roll a troll hunter who is now my lvl 80 main. That was in 2006.
    Resently I lvl'd belf pally to 76 but ret is way to easy (and thats coming from a dude who has a hunter as a main) and now i'm trying a warlock. Wish me luck!

My first ever real character was a Warlock. I tried a few classes for a few levels and then settled on the Warlock.

Why I chose Warlock? Well, hard to put into words really. Something about the fact they're a caster class with a minion just appealed to me really. Also, the horrible shard system aside, they are a fairly well constructed class. From a low level on, you get a very clear impression of how they're supposed to be played and what they're capable of.

For WOTLK, I played a DK. I'd been urging to play a melee class for years but never quite could get a feel for any of the other existing melee classes. Their mechanics just didn't feel right to me. With the DK however, I finally found what I wanted - a melee class with a resource and with class mechanics that made sense to me.

I started with an Undead Rogue Pre-BC, raided with him a bit. Once BC was out I got him up to 70 quick, however guilds on my server were not recruiting rogues a lot, sicne my server had an overpopulation of them. I figured since every guild, or every raid in general, needed a healer at that time I re-rolled a Blood Elf Paladin, which I still play to this day!

Bloodlust.

And totems, too, I guess. :-\
    Escargotage - Lvl 80 Restoration Shaman - Thrall US

Quote Originally Posted by krasgoth
    Hey guys, my guild keeps standing in the fire.

What should we do about it?

I rolled a warrior because, when creating my first character, I was going to make a gnome rogue, but I created it without changing the class from warrior. Because I'm effing lazy, I just kept it. True story.

I played FF online and my character was a red mage in that so i tried to find something similar. Druid seemed to be the closest being able to do damage and heal, though in vanilla wasn't really able to do much other then heal.

Also FF allowed you to play every class on one character so i made one of ever class and lvled them each to 10 to try them out.

I found paladin to be the most enjoyable and caped it to 60 in vanilla. In BC i was tired of only healing and didn't like the idea of tanking so i grabed the other toon i got to 60, my mage and got that to 70.

Now that they finally gave paladins options i play a pally. I've gotten alot of grief about it being a faceroll class but when you played a pally in vanilla and did 40 man 5 min buffs all throughout MC and BWL you kinda have the right to say stfu.

I started off with a warrior which I levelled to something like 48 then got bored and pretty much stopped playing.

I picked up where I left off when Wrath was released and decided I'd give DKs a shot once I hit 55. I carried it on because it was kind of like a mix between a warrior and a warlock, which was a class I liked the idea of just never played
    This user has been banned.

Buying time until Demonhunter hero class comes out

back in the mid of burning crusade i tried a 10 day trial, i had no clue what i was doing. I chose horde out of an iny mini miny moe type of system. Then it was a choice of race, orc seemed like the only good choice so i chose that. Then finally it was the class "wtf is a rogue, i guess i'll try it" so i had an orc rogue, definently a minority around.

But now i am laughing cuz somehow it was a good choice in the end, and i also choose the best server for me option.

i created my warrior when wow first came out and still my main today.
    reason for making a warrior is that i like the playstyle of warriors and have always played warrior in other games so made sense to do the same in wow

I thought i'd reply to this because I get a few laughs whenever I tell this story. A friend at school had told me about World of Warcraft, from what he told me it sounded very enjoyable. At this point the only online game I had ever touched was Diablo 2, I was a huge Paladin fan. So after discovering that WoW had a monthly fee I logged on and created a Human Paladin, I reached level 10 that night. The following day my friend told me that I was not on his server. So I recreated a Night Elf rogue, as I was questing I saw these NPCs with mounts, my friend was still not on so I asked in General chat where you could get the mounts, I referred to them in General Chat as "pets". And someone responded telling me that only Hunters could receive Pets. So I logged off and created my main character, a Night Elf hunter, thinking that I could get a mount at level 10 only to learn that it was a pet...needless to say I was very disappointed to learn that I had to be level 40. As you can probably tell I was rather young at the time, i'm also not ashamed to say that I was one of "those" hunters that leveled in all whites as melee to 40. They were fun times though, and I miss them

Someone told me to, go gnome or go ghome, they were right.

I used to think Druids could shapeshift into anything, like Gryphons. Then, when I rerolled at BC, I thought Mages sounded like the best class that the Draenei could be, I almost had chosen a Priest!