power auras+desolation

Ok so im trying to setup power auras with desolation, i made the activation by buff and typed in Desolation for the buff name. i think thats all i need to do.. and it doesnt work!! did the same thing for killing machine and freezing fog and they work fine... any help please?

Re: power auras+desolation

Quote Originally Posted by mudpies
    Ok so im trying to setup power auras with desolation, i made the activation by buff and typed in Desolation for the buff name. i think thats all i need to do.. and it doesnt work!! did the same thing for killing machine and freezing fog and they work fine... any help please?
    This is a serious question. Did you type it in the right box? There's 2 right next to each other and sometimes you can mistake them.

i entered it in the one that says "enter here the name of the buff or a part of the name which must activate etc etc"

side topic:

why do you need it for desolation? it should have 100% uptime using teh reg unholy rotation.....

AOE.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

You should still be using Blood Strike every other rune cycle to keep up desolation.
    Solaron of <Old Guard>, Tichondrius US

i just want it ok!

15+ Year Old Account

I have Desolation in my SBF Buffs to Watch bar. ( Goes right beside my character, with things like Trinket procs, important talent procs, Racial, stuff like that. ) So I can understand why he would want to have it. Some people just like tracking that kind of stuff.

1. make sure you spelled it right: Desolation, not Desalation or anything else
    2. make sure it's in your spec, lol

In the top left hand corner of the main window, there should be a check box labeled something like "Enable Power Auras" Make sure it's checked.

I once couldn't get power auras working for almost a week before I realized it was unchecked :P

this isn't exactly a solution to your problem, as I know nothing about Power Auras, but NeedToKnow is an addon I know of that will do this. It can track pretty much any buff/debuff you know how to spell.

ctrl-click on the icon in the power auras option screen and check your chatbox what it says...

The box where ??? is written must say "Desolation"
    The drop down must say "Buff"
    Uncheck all boxes (no red X, no check)
    Read what the boxes tooltips say and decide on the conditions.

The default "red X" won't work while you are in Dalaran or any capital, as there is a red X on "Resting" which means -> Don't show it at a place where I would accumulate rested bonus, such as in Inns and major cities.

Cheers...

ty all