Poll: Should Professor Putricide (25m normal mode) be nerfed?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Should Professor Putricide be nerfed?

IMPORTANT - PLEASE VOTE ONLY IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE TRYING/KILLING HIM IN 25M. 10M IS ENTIRELY DIFFERENT. THIS QUESTION SPECIFICALLY ASKS ABOUT THE 25M VERSION.

People are voting and replying based on their 10m experience. This thread has NOTHING to do with the 10m version of the boss. I can't edit the question itself so if you actually read it you will notice it specifically references 25m and has since I created the poll.

I designed this poll to be simple - just yes or no. Feel free to elaborate in replies!

It may become important to point out this thread was created 1/11/10. If he does get nerfed, this poll will make less sense. I will try to stay on top of this thread and lock voting if he does get nerfed.
    Ephemera - Grievance - Thrall [H]
    Sybilfawlty - We Have Cookies - Stormrage [A]

Re: Should Professor Putricide be nerfed?

No
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586
    OH NOES !!!!! CASUALS GOT ALMOST THE SAME GEAR AS ME !!!!!! MY GEAR DOESN'T INCREASE THE SIZE OF MY PENIS ANYMORE !!!!! QQQQQQ

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by SPC7R0
    No
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    It's so far the only challenge in ICC, I say leave it the way it is I'm enjoying a challenge in ICC, the rest of it was far to easy.
    But i want free epix, mon!

It shouldn't, as the mechanics themselves are not really complex. And it's fun having a challenge in 10man (i give up on 25 if my 10man can't kill it first week). But eventually will be, as has always happened.

Dot like there's no tomorrow.

15+ Year Old Account

The only thing setting him aside from other 25man difficult content is the limited attempts. Everyone would be able to get him down if they had all the attempts they wanted, but instead it'll take some people a few more weeks. Otherwise, it's a simple coordination fight.

Leave him as he is. It isn't that hard of a fight, and the attempt limit means most guilds don't put him on farm the first week, which is a good thing.

On a side note, definitely a fun fight.

I don't feel he should be nerfed just yet. It's too soon to be talking about that. And yes, one of the two abominations was nerfed as well. But, keep in mind... that was necessary because of a mistake made by Blizzard. From what I know, the Professor isn't impossible in any way, shape or form.

Maybe he is mildly challenging, but, remember - we're talking about the final raid of WOTLK. The Lich King's homeground. It's not supposed to be /faceroll.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    It's so far the only challenge in ICC, I say leave it the way it is I'm enjoying a challenge in ICC, the rest of it was far to easy.
    So true! I freaking love the fight! It's rather simple to get, yet it has to be done almost flawlessly. Can't WAIT for the heroic version of the fight!

Only thing I have to say is that I'd wanted a couple of more attempts, we got him to 8% on our 7th try, and didn't down him this week. Mind you, this was in our secondary group with alts/casuals of the guild, so the main group will definetly have him down by this evening.

the boss was downed in the first id, so why should a boss like that need a nerf?

My personal opinion is somewhat in the middle, the main reason I created this poll.

On the pro-nerf side, it is remarkable how few guilds have killed him. The 100th guild - in the world - to kill him was yesterday, the sixth day he was available. This is pretty similar to pre-nerf Yogg, where the 100th guild to kill him did so on the fifth day he was available. Given how many nerfs Yogg got, it seems logical that Professor Putricide will also be nerfed.

On the anti-nerf side, it's only ten attempts per week. While my guild didn't even come close to a kill, we did make marked progress and refined our strat greatly. I believe we could kill him without any nerfs, but it might take a few weeks. By that point, my guess is he will be nerfed anyways.
    Ephemera - Grievance - Thrall [H]
    Sybilfawlty - We Have Cookies - Stormrage [A]

It’s not that hard of a fight if you learn it and control it. Did another 10 man last night with alt tanks and got it on second attempt. Entered phase three with no ooze and literally no slime on the ground, you do need a certain amount of dps to do the fight (mainly dps changing to right targets) but all in all the fight lets you control the difficulty by how you screw up or control the phase changes. Sure 25 man will be harder, has been for the majority of fights in wrath and I am perfectly fine with that. So big time no on the nerf for me.

Even if we fail all 10 attempts I won’t be sad if we did good work, one shotting a new boss leaves you feeling empty. You need time to connect and bond with the monster that’s bashing your head in before you feel the real joy of smashing his face in. Think of it like this, if you punch a random guy in a bar, how will that make you feel. Now go punch the person you hate most in the world, how’d that feel. Pretty big difference isn’t there (the poster does not take responsibility nor condone the use of violence against any individuals).

Rotface 10 I understand the nerf or more accurately the rest to intended level. It was clearable but much more intense at the end of the fight then even our geared alts were prepared for.
    Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.

whats this? I have to coordinate with the rest of my raid?

this is an awful fight, I can't believe blizzard would do this to me.

nerfnerfnerfnerf

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sargeras&n=Beargarden

Why should it be nerfed? U just need to control fight. Damn i want more hard bosses to challenge em, cuz blizz put rly a lot of easy bosses that drop free epix. This is a challenge and let it be a challenge

even thou i voted NO, im not sure really, i hate this limited attempt thingy they have added.. im playing on a very overpopulated server (1000+in que at primetime wedensday-sunday)

and sofar we havent been able to actually make even a decent try on this boss due to lagg... as it is now, this boss i pretty much impossible, even during times when we thout it whould lagg at all (past 2300) we found ourslefes with 1sec+ in delay between spells.

and its due to this retarded limited attempts that we cant just zerg until we get a laggfree try.. i hate blizz for ever implementing limited attempts...

thou of what ive seen from teh 10man kill we did, the boss doenst seem that hard at all and should definetly not be nerfed.. just remove the damn limit...
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

No, and you should be drawn and quartered for even proposing the idea of nerfing a perfectly killable boss.

On a related note, raise your hand if you lost an attempt to autorun.

Cataclysm will be out in 6 months at a minimum. This is the last major content of WOTLK, it's got to last us that long. I have no issue with my guild wiping on Putricide for another 2-3 weeks because it's tuned for players with 2-3 pieces of ICC gear. I'm telling my guildies to relax and take it easy- we should be making this content last.

We've still got the ICC-wide buff to come which will start to make these fights easier, I personally think they should keep these encounters close to the edge (particularly wing bosses). I like the idea of the proposed gradually increasing buff- rather than nerfing the content it just means they can leave it as-is so it's tough at our gear level, and then gradually becomes easier as the buff and increasing gear levels come into effect. No need for any nerfs...

Nerf how? 10 man we took 3 tries and literally no slimes were up...

25 man is tonight.

15+ Year Old Account

He will be. That's the nature of hard bosses in wow. Nothing new.

no

I don't think he should be nerfed, but I would like to see a couple of changes to stop people losing tries to bad luck, stuff like ooze root + malleable goo = death and the bug where two slime puddles fall on top of each other so the abomination eats both but only gains the energy from one.

This RNG shit annoys me but otherwise I think the encounter is well tuned, it just sucks to lose a try to something you really cannot control.