Enhancement shaman dps is too low. please help

Hi I play an enhancement shaman in case the subject of the post didnt make that obvious.

My guild was working on 25 man festergut last night as a progression raid and I was only sitting at around 6.5k dps as an average for the attempts. I use the shock and awe addon at the moment. My cast priority is MW5 LB > Flame shock(if it's not up) > stormstrike(if no debuff) > earth shock(if SS debuff is up) > Stormstrike (if the debuff is active) > Fire Nova > Earth shock (no SS debuff) > Magma Totem > Lightning shield.

I keep Spirit wolves and my two trinket procs on cooldown at all times unless I am about to pop bloodlust in which case I save them and pop spirit wolves just before BL so they get the effect.

My armory page is

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...idge&n=Thatway

I know that my helm and shoulders enchants should be swapped out. Sorry in advance if I made any stupid or obvious mistakes. and I logged out in my enhance gear but im not sure what gear will show up. sometimes it bugs for me.
    Anything you can tell me that will help me out will be much appreciated. thanks in advance

Re: Enhancement shaman dps is too low. please help

In my 25m ICC pug last night (5 attempts, 6th attempt was a kill). We had an enhancement shaman doing 8600 DPS.

I don't know what his rotation or priority was. But he pushed that fairly consitantly.

Melee 742151 35.5 % 39 1369.1 53394 222 2668.1 592310 - - 94 1026.0 96447 - 35 1 9.2 %
    Windfury Attack 318728 15.3 % 23 2768.9 63685 45 5667.6 255043 - - - -
    Lightning Bolt 187936 9.0 % 19 4416.7 83917 11 9456.3 104019 - - - 2873
    Flametongue Attack 184709 8.8 % 136 545.3 74164 97 1139.6 110545 - - - 6490

Those are his top 4 abilities :P

15+ Year Old Account

Don't worry about socket bonuses unless it's 12 AP or above, 4-8 Agi is simply NOT worth bothering about for a socket bonus. Always try to use either a 40 AP gem or a 20 haste gem depending on if you are going for AP or haste. You could also use a 20 AP/10 Haste gem if you are balancing your gear.
    out of Levva FAQ,
    you should switch those 2 hybrid gem 20ap/15 stam for something a little more worthwhile since you already have a nightmare tear
    for the rest il leave it to someone who doesnt play his enh shaman for only 1 heroic per day :P (my knowledge of the spec lowered since tbc)

Weird spec 18,53? straying off from the basic cookie cutter at the moment which is 19/52.. Also you don't have your tier 9 4-set, which is a gigantic dps gain. Instead of using nightmare tear and purple AP/Stam gems try using a 6 stat gem in there too.. Thats just some of the problems..

My parse from last week on festergut, my names Moist with the weird o, feel free to armory and look me up.. or ask me questions in game.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8431&e=8729

-Edit-
    You are also matching a lot of useless sockets.. like your belt you matched which has 6 agility, but your chest has 8 and it isn't. Also I recommend you switch your pants to tier pants, even though you drop some item levels you gain the 4 set which is amazing..

Quote Originally Posted by Sweden
    Hi I play an enhancement shaman in case the subject of the post didnt make that obvious.

My guild was working on 25 man festergut last night as a progression raid and I was only sitting at around 6.5k dps as an average for the attempts. I use the shock and awe addon at the moment. My cast priority is MW5 LB > Flame shock(if it's not up) > stormstrike(if no debuff) > earth shock(if SS debuff is up) > Stormstrike (if the debuff is active) > Fire Nova > Earth shock (no SS debuff) > Magma Totem > Lightning shield.

I keep Spirit wolves and my two trinket procs on cooldown at all times unless I am about to pop bloodlust in which case I save them and pop spirit wolves just before BL so they get the effect.

My armory page is

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...idge&n=Thatway

I know that my helm and shoulders enchants should be swapped out. Sorry in advance if I made any stupid or obvious mistakes. and I logged out in my enhance gear but im not sure what gear will show up. sometimes it bugs for me.
    Anything you can tell me that will help me out will be much appreciated. thanks in advance
    Off hand I don't see anything in your gear or spec that is too glaringly bad. Your trinkets are probably your biggest issue gearwise. The ToC 10 man trinkets are all generally considered pretty poor because of the time to stack up the clicky. Vengeance of the Forsaken also seems to be under budget relative to the amount of expertise on it. EG it would take 4 +20 expertise to replace it. The Fetish on the other hand has 6 gems worth of crit rating. You can probably afford to loose some expertise too since you seem to be capping expertise for your off hand which doesn't benefit from your racial. Generally it is not worth specifically trying to cap Expertise just for your off hand as an orc since you are getting 0 benefit from being over cap on your main hand and the off hands damage is already being reduced by the dual wielding penalties.

I would be aiming to replace both of those asap. The Frost badges trinket is an easy one to get and is looking to be one of our top trinkets outside of 25man hard modes.

I'd also consider changing out the meta gem for the +Crit rating + Crit damage one. The 3 blue gems requirements for the agi meta really ends up forcing less than ideal gemming to keep the meta active.

Wait what? 3 blue gems for the agi/crit dmg meta? There's something you have missed there good sir, that meta is triggered by 1 single Nightmare Tear, couldnt be any easier.

Quote Originally Posted by evan_s

I'd also consider changing out the meta gem for the +Crit rating + Crit damage one. The 3 blue gems requirements for the agi meta really ends up forcing less than ideal gemming to keep the meta active.
    Not true, with the 4 piece of t10 slowly coming around its makes more sense to have the majority of your gems be haste with possibly a few off AP gems, with the yellow and red requirement already covered there any enhancement shaman that knows what he is doing will have nightmare tear in his gear which supply the 3 meta requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Engage90
    Weird spec 18,53? straying off from the basic cookie cutter at the moment which is 19/52..
    His spec isn't that different. He's dropped elemental focus and picked up both points in Imp storm strike so has 1 less point in Imp shields. Overall that is really just shifting around 1 mana regen talent to another and dropping 1 point in a minor dps talent for mana regen. Maybe not the best possible spec from sims but might be handy in 10 mans with out replenishment for example.

Glyph of flameshock does seem odd given the missing 4 piece set bonus that increases shock damage by 25%. Generally the third slot has several glyphs close together but the only time I've seen Flameshock come out on top for the third spot is with the 4 piece set bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Draenox
    Wait what? 3 blue gems for the agi/crit dmg meta? There's something you have missed there good sir, that meta is triggered by 1 single Nightmare Tear, couldnt be any easier.
    Your right I'm not sure what I was thinking.

Either way the point still stands he has a lot more blue gems than needed and the socket bonuses don't seem to be making them worth while.

Quote Originally Posted by evan_s
    His spec isn't that different. He's dropped elemental focus and picked up both points in Imp storm strike so has 1 less point in Imp shields. Overall that is really just shifting around 1 mana regen talent to another and dropping 1 point in a minor dps talent for mana regen. Maybe not the best possible spec from sims but might be handy in 10 mans with out replenishment for example.

Glyph of flameshock does seem odd given the missing 4 piece set bonus that increases shock damage by 25%. Generally the third slot has several glyphs close together but the only time I've seen Flameshock come out on top for the third spot is with the 4 piece set bonus.
    Agreed, but I really haven't ran into the problem of going OOM in any raid.. not with shamanistic rage being always up.

ya not sure why i did the hybrid gems with the stam. that was stupid of me. I will replace the crit/haste 10 man H ToC trinket with the new Frost Emblem haste/AP trinket. Do you guys see anything wrong with my cast priority? that is what I'm most worried about having seen the comments from you guys. Thanks again for the advice. Is glyph of fire nova worth using?

ya not sure why i did the hybrid gems with the stam. that was stupid of me. I will replace the crit/haste 10 man H ToC trinket with the new Frost Emblem haste/AP trinket. Do you guys see anything wrong with my cast priority? that is what I'm most worried about having seen the comments from you guys. Thanks again for the advice. Is glyph of fire nova worth using?
    Glyphs of fire nova is only worth considering for ae situations, eg trash or bosses with adds that can be ae'ed down. Otherwise the cooldown just gets too short to use it effectively.

^ Disagreed.. Having the fire nova glyph always allows us to have a solid rotation going, there is something up at every second, there is no moment of just plain white swing happening.

Well the trinkets leap out as being fairly horrible as another poster already commented

Vengeance would be worse than Banner of Victory even if you were fully using the expertise, and you're not. Fetish -well it's a truly terrible trinket, you should vendor it immediately and deny ever owning it. The useful crit rating doesn't justify the almost entirely pointless proc. Even casters mostly vendor Fetish.

Mirror of Truth, DM:G & Banner of Victory are all readily farmable/buyable. Needle Encrusted Scorpion is better still, but might take a while to farm from FoS heroic as the competition is quite fierce. The frost badge trinket is obviously fantastic, but you may have other priorities there.

Your priority also seems off, though possibly you've just written it down wrong, you don't even mention lava lash so I have to hope there's some typos

Try following the priority in the FAQ:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-sh...in-wrath-faq*/

Quote Originally Posted by Engage90
    ^ Disagreed.. Having the fire nova glyph always allows us to have a solid rotation going, there is something up at every second, there is no moment of just plain white swing happening.
    Fire nova glyph in single target situation = massive dps loss

ya sorry about that azyoulike. I don't know why I forgot to include lava lash in there. I do use it in my roatation. If I lose vengeance then my expertise drops down from 24/19 to 14/9. Should I just regem into expertise to make up for the loss of expertise from losing the trinket? I think i've got dyslexia or something because looking back I've made a good amount of typos. sorry in advance for those. I checked the enhancement shaman post and that was the one i originally read when i respecced from resto to enhancement. It hasn't been updated to 3.3 as far as i can tell because it doesnt include fire nova.

ya sorry about that azyoulike. I don't know why I forgot to include lava lash in there. I do use it in my roatation. If I lose vengeance then my expertise drops down from 24/19 to 14/9. Should I just regem into expertise to make up for the loss of expertise from losing the trinket? I think i've got dyslexia or something because looking back I've made a good amount of typos. sorry in advance for those. I checked the enhancement shaman post and that was the one i originally read when i respecced from resto to enhancement. It hasn't been updated to 3.3 as far as i can tell because it doesnt include fire nova.
    Yeah I would just regem with a couple + 20 expertise red gems to cover what ever you need to make back up for the primary hand and leave the off hand below cap. Just try to get an axe or H2H for your next weapon upgrade and both hands will be capped.