Wondering about proffessions. (ret)

I've recently been wondering if it's worth changing professions, I play Ret and at the moment i got Blacksmith and JC both at 450 skill. I rarely use BS for gold making, and only really took it for the 2 extra sockets, plus i had it during TBC for Skillherald.

When i read about the T10 2p bonus before ICC was released, i didn't expect 40% chance to be alot for our DS to reset. So i was curious if getting a small amount of haste would be benifical for ret paladins. My friend took the haste trinket from EOE which he says is pretty great for him in his 2pt10. But as he hasn't been playing a Ret for that long. I couldn't trust that, and thought i'd ask a forum on it.

I yet to have my 2pt10, as i didn't play much during the release of ICC.

I'm interested to know if Engineering would be a decent profession to take for Hyperspeed Accelerators, aswell as other fun tinks like run speed boost / 1% crit, 23agil/slow fall etc. I'm a little bored of BS. Jc is decent because of the dailies, and getting gold every so often from cuts etc. Also it helps boosts my Tank set for 51stam gems.

If anyone knows any information on it before i consider a switch, or knows where i can read up on it, would help.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...spects&n=Kosic

Re: Wondering about proffessions. (ret)

Was pretty sleepy, and forgot to try a search on the matter.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-pa...ng-as-ret-pve/

>.>

no it isn't the 40 str you would lose from switching profs is not worth the 50 haste you would gain from the engineering accelerator.
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggler
    That's how you honor heroes... You put their statue in a corner, which people only visit to kill squirrels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks
    I see your madness and raise you a sparta.
    Quote Originally Posted by rat
    Back here in fantasy-land, pyrite is the blue goo in those barrels in the Flame Leviathan encounter, typically used for blowing shit the fuck up.
    Sooooo.
    Yeah.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by johnllt
    no it isn't the 40 str you would lose from switching profs is not worth the 50 haste you would gain from the engineering accelerator.
    First its not 50 haste, unless you are averaging which you can't with a stat like haste. Second, the DPS form the gloves and bombs offset the 40 STR loss, as well as the nitro boots which can have HUGE amounts of DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    First its not 50 haste, unless you are averaging which you can't with a stat like haste. Second, the DPS form the gloves and bombs offset the 40 STR loss, as well as the nitro boots which can have HUGE amounts of DPS.
    This man speaks the truth.

Engineering beats BS in all situations that I can think of, and in a fair few of them, by a huge margin too.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I saw Ronarks replies in the other topic, i posted this before taking a proper look about, and saw that the rocket enchant on the gloves, aswell as Saronite bombs and the 1% crit and run speed boosts on the boots all add up to a decent dps increase.

I'm going to do Eng/mining on a shaman that I just rerolled to have fun on, since I'm incredibly bored with my alts. I just don't love my shadow priest like I did in BC, and resto Druids are meh.

Another thing to consider is for Engineering to beat out BS, you have to use bombs on cooldown, which cost money or the time to farm. Either way, you're in the negative, but there is always the fun factor.

From everything I've read eng is only better if you use bombs on cd.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    From everything I've read eng is only better if you use bombs on cd.
    I've read that using bombs resets swing timer, can anyone confirm//deny?

And IMHO, I couldn't live without the rocket boots, math or not, that definately make sup alot more dps due to potential time lost.