Abuse the Ooze help?

Well, I'm two achievements away from my Red Proto Drake, one being Less-rabi, and the other being Abuse the Ooze.
    Less-rabi is always just someone not being quick enough, we'll have it soon.
    How am I supposed to do Abuse the Ooze, any tips?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Abuse the Ooze help?

Haven't done it my self yet , but from the tips I've heard from guild m8s i think u have to let the oozes merge into big ones.
    If I'm wrong please correct me, so no false information are given.
    Reckoning Bomb - Unleashes the Reckoning upon the Scourge, inflicting ridiculous amounts of damage. Some might even say the damage is ludicrous.

Rather easy... Split the dps onto the stairs, with tank in middle being only 1 damaging the boss..

Kill all the mobs that spawns, except for the oozes that will start spawning after some time.. (Not sure if that "time" is based on boss %hp or just time). At some point, small oozes will spawn. DONT TOUCH THEM! They will merge with each other, 2 small oozes = 1 iron sludge, and when those are spawned, rape em. They have a fairly small hp pool, so that shouldn't take long.

HF with it

-Kumar
    http://wowthinktank.blogspot.com/2009/10/general-druid-icewell-radiance-bears.html

stop the QQ *sigh*

He spawns oozes between 50% and 25% of his health. Not before and not after.

Nuke him to 50%, wait for oozes to come out, let them merge, nuke 5, nuke boss, say thanks from gchat "gz" spam

Kumar is right.

Boss has 4 phases, though people usually zerg through all of them and don't really notice.

On first phase he will be spawning iron dwarfs. On 2nd phase he will be spawning those deformed kind of dudes you see in uldaman. On third phase he spawns the oozes and on 4th phase some dwarfs come to help you kill him.

All these phases are tied to the boss' HP and you can tell whether they passed or not from what Brann is talking. (whenever he talks, a phase changes).

What you need to do is dps the boss till he's in the ooze phase, stop dps on the boss, wait for iron sludges to spawn from 2 merging oozes and finish off the boss after you've killed 5 of them.

You definately do not want to dps him down to p4 before you get all your adds killed.

There is a lot of nature damage going on here, so a nature resist aura (or totem) of some kind is nice to have.

That's about it.
    Ardoric Sollis Ardodeath. Proud pet collector

Ardoric <Undergeared> Raiding in blues 'cause gear is overrated (8/12 ICC 10 | 3/4 RS 10)

Quote Originally Posted by ardoRic
    You argue that you need gear to compensate stupidity, I argue that you shouldn't take stupid to your raids.

Dps to 50%, let the oozes merge and kill 5 merged ones and kill the boss.
    Damage can be easily avoided, melee runs from the aoe the boss channels every now and then and keep distance from players with the static charge like debuff (vashj has a similar ability, so does some trash in HoL) melee move from the tank when he has it. Put a ranged in charge of killing the humanoid adds.

Done this a few times on various characters.

By far easiest was with my Mage, DPS him down to around 150k HP, then leave one of the melee DPS to wait for the oozes to merge and then kill them.

Ranged simply concentrate on the iron dwarfs and what ever the other adds are (can not remember off the top of my head). I managed to down most of them before they got to me or the healer + I was spell stealing his damage buff.

From a healer point of view it can become a little hectic, but nothing that requires anything over triumph emblem reward standard (I don't raid hence why thats as much as I can obtain).
    <b>Soon</b>: Copyright 2004-2010 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

The tactic I used, since it was hard when I did it was that we nuked everything until ooze came, then we nuked all oozes on one of the stairs so we wouldn't get overrun by them, since the big one dealt a lot of AoE damage to the raid (shaman with cleansing totem is prefered) then we killed the big oozes. We were lucky when I did it since it was actually the dwarves that help you that killed our boss (after the group had died).

Deleted

Since the tactic has already been nicely covered, I'll just add a tip that it's good to have a person capable of dispelling magic, as the boss does Static Charge

eDit:
    @ohlins: Vashj's ability works exactly the same except the fact that it actually does *more* dmg, ain't dispellable and lasts twice as long. (remember it as the only really threatening ability of p1, if handled improperly)

and a little tip for "Less-rabi"

setup should be 4 Dps and 1 tank

Quote Originally Posted by Thoelle
    and a little tip for "Less-rabi"

setup should be 4 Dps and 1 tank
    two dps dk's for army of the death and 1 shaman also works,

Abuse the ooze is rather easy you just need a great healer, that's all. The only one which was rather hard for me was chaos theory ( I didn't read the tacts so made them myself as tank, was also very fun to create tactics yourself, makes me wanna go in a hardcore raiding guild, too bad you need to be hardcore for that).

Made by Cazy!
    Massively Oversized Avatar removed - Cilraaz

Tank the boss in the narrow section going to the stairs, any tank AE can pick these up so they dont interfere with your healer or dps, lots of room to work with here.

For Less Rabi, you just need 1 really good shaman and decent dps, a second interrupt is usefull, use any interrupt with a long cooldown first (hammer of justice, counterspell), then use the short ones pummel, wind shear etc..
    when the boss's hp gets below 50% , 25% his haste goes way up so you have 1-2 seconds to stop the transformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Xacez
    Nuke him to 50%, wait for oozes to come out, let them merge, nuke 5, nuke boss, say thanks from gchat "gz" spam
    This is how I did it, we just got him to 50% and waited.

Done this 3 times.

Tank him at the stairs, healer stand in between where the boss stands from the start and where he is tanked, 1 dps stay with tank and nuke the boss down below 50 % but not more than 25%. Oozes spawn between there.
    The 2 other dps nuke the adds and protect the healer if he gets aggro, but they don't kill the oozes, wait for them to pair up 2 and 2, then nuke the big ooze they turned into. Kill 5 of those, then nuke boss down.

Ps, make sure the dps and tank wont get the boss down below 25% the time the oozes are spawning untill you've killed the 5 big ones.

easypie

Just a note here, I wouldn't try doing Abuse the Ooze in a pug. In my experience, the DPS often burns through his health so fast that only one or two oozes spawn anyway. And YOU try asking these kids to stop DPSing. :|

Other than that, composition and strategy are kinda moot. Just wait when he's at 50%, kill the sludges when they merge, voila.

Oh, and I wouldn't do Less-rabi in a pug either, 'cause lolpugs. >_> "What? Interrupt? I'm too busy SPAMMING SINISTER STRIIIIKE"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rìckykrudd View Post
    I've always played the warrior class on every game that has had the option. There's just something visceral about the playstyle. No running/kiting. No hiding/stealth. Just "I'm gonna get in your shit and wreck you".