Thread: Making my Druid

Making my Druid

Hey all. My main is this Warrior. I'm interested in making a healing alt to play with my friends Rogue. He heals my Warrior in arenas/bgs so I thought I'd return the favor. I'm also interested in trying out a ranged DPS class. This would mean I would play Boomkin and Resto. I have a few questions though:

1. How viable is Boomkin in PvP? I'd play Resto in arenas for sure but as far as world PvP and battlegrounds go, how is it?
    2. How enjoyable is Resto/Boomkin in a raiding/heroic/general PvE setting? I suspect I'll end up dual spec'd as Boomkin and Resto so I'll have some flavor, but I enjoy blowing stuff up.
    3. What about professions for someone playing primarily Balance/Resto? I'm avoiding JC like the plague since I've leveled it way too many times. I'll probably do an even cut of PvP/PvE.
    4. What are some good guides for leaning about rotations, gemming, enchanting etc etc?

Thanks in advance. =)

Deleted

Re: Making my Druid

This might sound harsh BUT the beginners guides for both balance and resto are amazing for guidelines / rotations etc... so I would deffo suggest reading them if you are going ahead with a druid. It's going to be a shame if you don't wanna level JC'ing again cause it's one of the best professions :P But then you probs already know that.

I've played a warrior right up untill naxx in vanilla then I swapped to a druid have played my druid as my main since I love the class it's just different to play then other classes especially resto but then I enjoy healing and druids are the most fun healing I've done in awhile they can literally do every style of healing and it's just fun !

I love balance too and both specs are gear'd and max'd to the best of my abilities but balance can be frustrating at times just due to the mechanics of balance and easy to reach soft caps.

PvP viability boomkins are funny as hell , crit with starfall you are looking at 1-2 shotting people but they die pretty easy and can be controlled easy enough aswell (haven't been interested in pvp for a while now so it doesn't bother me). It is however a perfect class for PvE just because it's enjoyable running around as a turkey doing great damage and having a low gear prior (not that many people roll on SP leather). Not to mention the pure ease of the rotation as balance and the high DPS at lower levels of gear, play the class you WILL enjoy it

I would deffo promote a druid if you're thinking of a caster / healer .