Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: First thoughts on Boomkin Buff......

It's nice to get a buff, even if it is as insignificant as this one will turn out to be in the overall scheme of things. But boomkins will continue to be (I don't want to use the word "broken" because we're not really) handicapped until eclipse is reworked to some extent.

There are a lot of really good ideas in this thread to solve the wrath GCD problem. IMO something like a warlock's backdraft talent would be near perfect. Perhaps throw it on another talent to make it optional as PvP chickens wouldn't really be interested in it. "Talent X does this, this and this. IN ADDITION, reduces the global cooldown of your wrath spell during solar eclipse by X%.

Quote Originally Posted by Nømeansnø
    All classes lose damage when they move.
    Not all classes have to reposition and attempt to get an rng proc which only then will allow us to do competitive dps, with no guarantee on getting it. No one suffers as much as boomkins in mobile fights.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Improved Insect Swarm
    Thank you Captain Obvious. Problem is boomkins lose more dmg then any other class for movement. Our dps is based on a rng proc that we need up for our dps to be viable in raids. Movement kills our proc time and any casts so your loss of dmg is not as hurtful as that moonkin next to you.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kamiken
    There are a few solutions to this problem. Keep the proc based system but make it charges instead of timed events. Give moonkins some kind of quick movement ability, possibly a blink clone or a demon portal clone. Scrap the whole proc based system and give us a buff on our base damage abilities, or give moonkins new abilities to use far down in our tree.
    I have a solution i dont' want a blink or portal clone. I have my new wanted boomkin ability.

EGG---You lay an egg. Egg appears under the moonkin and allows the moonkin to move while casting. Egg lasts 15 seconds and has a 2 minute cd.

Major Glyph: Glyph of Egg. Eggs CD is reduced by 30 seconds.

so yeah basically moonkins get to roll around on top of an egg basically it would be similar to the discs in the eoe encounter where you can move and cast.

Improved Insect Swarm

Work on not capitalizing Every Random word.
    Clearly you know nothing about Boomkins, or never bothered to look me up on the armoury or any Boomkin on the armoury. We all spec into Imp Insect Swarm FOOL. Any Boomkin that doesnt is a 'Failkin' So SILENCE mear mortal, dont comment on something you have no idea WTF your talking about. And if you dont like My Random Capital Letters, DONT READ IT.... Simple, Bye Bye Now.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Endler89
    I have a solution i dont' want a blink or portal clone. I have my new wanted boomkin ability.

EGG---You lay an egg. Egg appears under the moonkin and allows the moonkin to move while casting. Egg lasts 15 seconds and has a 2 minute cd.

so yeah basically moonkins get to roll around on top of an egg basically it would be similar to the discs in the eoe encounter where you can move and cast.
    While I give you an "A" for creativity, I don't want to be any more of a laughing stock class then I already am. I don't need to lay eggs.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Endler89

WIN!
    Since my guildies allways make fun with me about eggs... and how they hatch into Female Troll Warriors.
    Then he fapped to his own pseudo-intellectualism and no one ever loved him. Ever.

The End

Deleted

Maybe the Egg could hatch on the bottom. Then it could carry you around.

"After 15 seconds, the egg will run to your target and explode, showering enemy targets in egg shells that gets into their food.

You're sick, using your own children as weapon oO

Dot like there's no tomorrow.

Wasn't even pretending to troll that time. OP said something stupid; I wish insect swarm helped our wrath and starfire damage! It does. Mages run/blink during arcane power/IV to avoid death, paladins run out of AOE's during wings, hunters stop casting steady shot during rapid fire, rogues may move during adren. rush, ferals may run during zerk, so on/so forth. These things happen, and good players adjust.

OP said something stupid; I wish insect swarm helped our wrath and starfire damage!
    I never said this at all, What i said is 'Look at increasing are DMG from Wrath/Starfire whilst DoT's are applied' I.E Increase it more moron. L2Read. And as i said in another post you clearly still dont understand how the Boomkin mechanics works with the Eclipse Cycle. So get of your idiotic soap box and go read other forums that maybe you know something about.

Deleted

Wasn't even pretending to troll that time. OP said something stupid; I wish insect swarm helped our wrath and starfire damage! It does. Mages run/blink during arcane power/IV to avoid death, paladins run out of AOE's during wings, hunters stop casting steady shot during rapid fire, rogues may move during adren. rush, ferals may run during zerk, so on/so forth. These things happen, and good players adjust.
    All those aren't really comparable as they are abilities with a several minutes CD, which you can try to time in order to avoid inconvenient effects. Eclipse on the other hand is a proc that in ideal condition would be up 70-80% of the time and that we depend upon in order to do good dps.

Also, having to move not only wastes any "eclipse time left", it also delays the "time to proc next eclipse" phase. What i mean by this is that for an ability on a fixed CD, movement only cuts on the "non buffed" dps time and doesn't delay the point where you'll be able to activate the ability again. For Eclipse, movement cuts both on the non-buffed and on the buffed dps time, since you can't proc it while moving and need to have an unmoving dps period to be able to proc it again.

Instead of "increasing the Wrath/Starfire Dmg when DoT's are applied. ", "Increasing the coefficient bonus granted by Improved Insect Swarm by 1/2/3%" would have been a clearer answer. Paladins are not wrecking the charts, nor are shaman (granted they can do top 5). Classes do less damage while running, and if you can link proof other then napkin math that shows boomkin lose significantly more dps then another hybrid due to running, I would definitely agree Blizzard should compensate you with higher #'s during the time you aren't running.

So i was thinking sence have such a easy time reaching that 400 haste soft cap maybe we could take a point or two out of starlight wrath, so there for we can still stack more haste for our starfires? ???

Quote Originally Posted by Chally35
    'Look at increasing are DMG from Wrath/Starfire whilst DoT's are applied'
    lolwut

The Moonkin Repository
    Moonkin forums for beginners and experienced players alike
    Moonkin TTT Thread with Wrathcalcs
    Check it out, good stuff in there

I think a better way to buff boomkins would have been to buff IS and/or MF. Perhaps increase their damage or give them some kind of initial damage while casted under the effect of eclipse. You won't do as much damage as you would if you were casting wrath/starfire, and you won't be able to do it once eclipse is over, but you'll have an ability to spam for a few seconds while moving to do a bit of extra damage. Because it's only while under the effect of eclipse you won't risk buffing resto damage for pvp.

Overall though, a buff is a buff and boomkins should be pretty thankful.

Deleted

It's a good buff, Although our major problem still remains. especially for good geared balance druids (endgame raiders)

I would say that this buff is good to an extent for them, and actually it is really good for the lower-geared druids say toc25/ulduar geared they would benefits from this buff more.

I will state why, Basicaly end-game geared druids has so much haste, thus brings us to our Major problem as balance druids, having more than 450+ Haste which will ofcourse happen to you if your end-game geared balance druid will bring you to the state of having a problem with Solar eclipse, of which you will find yourself having a cast-time lower than the GCD <lolz> which will obviously screw you up. imagine you have Solar eclipse + spamming wrath with low cast time, which is lower than the gcd. its hideious, I been there. its really bad =( we need a fix to that.

Deleted

You'll still be there, and probably until Cataclysm comes out. Deal with it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Elanthari
    yeah lets up those 17-18k starfires in battlegrounds
    fixxed

15+ Year Old Account

This this hits today?

DPS Boomkin / Feral Tank

10+ Year Old Account

must...have..egg idea. My raid already makes me stand in camp fires before pulls for their amusement. Moonkins...we are the freaking looney toons of wow.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...infelth/simple

"But if I use my mouse to turn, how will i click my spells?"

http://www.darklegacycomics.com/83.html