Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Nevermelting Ice Crystal and Affliction

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Using Nevermelting Ice to boost Corruption's crit %
    I don't think either haste not crit qualify as an "exploit." That word implies you are somehow abusing mechanics so bad that you risk some kind of punitive reaction on our part. Usually if we don't like how a class is working we'll just fix the mechanics and not blame players for it.

In any case, haste provided a huge damage boost and was hard to fix. Crit provides a moderate damage boost and is hard to fix. So we probably won't be changing the way rolling crit works any time soon. You can use it without fear of ramifications from us. (Source)

There you have it, it does allow affl to roll crit (no news there), it's not an exploit and blizzard has no current plans to change it. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Re: Nevermelting Ice Crystal and Affliction

ok .... did u really have to repost something on the mainpage ???

Pretty happy to know that it is pbb going to last forever

Could someone please explain what exactly the crit thingy involving corr & this trinket does?

I just returned to wow and before that affli was something totally different!

/thx
    made by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Mantús
    ok .... did u really have to repost something on the mainpage ???
    Considering there have been about 50 posts asking about this trinket, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Thurisaz
    Could someone please explain what exactly the crit thingy involving corr & this trinket does?

I just returned to wow and before that affli was something totally different!

/thx
    When you use this trinket it increases your crit by a large amount. Since Sbolt, Haunt, and Drain Soul ticks all refresh the duration of Corruption (without dissrupting the ticks), it's easy to only cast 1 Corruption for the entire fight. The crit rate of this spell is determined upon cast. So if you have +900 crit rating when you cast it, it will ALWAYS have +900 crit rating as long as it's refreshed. This allows us to keep up a Corruption with 60%+ crit rate easily for the duration of the fight.

Waw , that's pretty awesome, gonna get me one asap to try that out!

thx man
    made by Shyama

Good news, although I don't think I'll ever get the trinket :'(

Losing it to Holy Paladins makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by nippsie

That really sucks.

I seem to have insane luck with trinkets, I got this one my first run through PoS. I got abyssal rune my first time in ToC, and then got reign of the unliving my first time downing anub.

Quote Originally Posted by Fry-Lock
    I seem to have insane luck with trinkets, I got this one my first run through PoS. I got abyssal rune my first time in ToC, and then got reign of the unliving my first time downing anub.
    Totally off subject... but... screw you man. :P

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Totally off subject... but... screw you man. :P

R.I.P. YARG

I've always, always had terrible luck with trinkets, usually just settling for PVP or Badge ones.

This time around, however, I was blessed. NMIC + Muradin's on first run each.

I lost one to an ehn shaman who had a mix of ele/ehn/resto gear and 2 hit rating sp trinkets qq
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputine
    Second, the Draenei used a dimensional ship powered by the holy snowflakes, which utilizes a plot-hole drive engine.

17 runs and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by antilock
    17 runs and counting...
    Im at 10, no drop. Lets see if this becomes my new this-item-you-need-so-much-but-it-never-drops-item.

Quote Originally Posted by nippsie

I stole it from a warlock with my disc priest.
    I'm putting it to good use, too. It's great for throughput.

I only ran it twice or so, and not with the intention of getting the trinket, it sorta caught me off guard.

(Totally not trying to give you a slap in the face.)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    I stole it from a warlock with my disc priest.
    I'm putting it to good use, too. It's great for throughput.

I only ran it twice or so, and not with the intention of getting the trinket, it sorta caught me off guard.

(Totally not trying to give you a slap in the face.)
    It's up there for priest throughput, no big deal.

R.I.P. YARG

I managed to outroll our moonkin on my first ICC 5man run for this. I felt like a bit of an ass then (appearantly it's really useful for them as crits proc some spell that goes in to their rotation) but I've put it to just as good use as affliction as he would as a moonkin.

The results so far are too good. I doubt this is going "unpunished". They just haven't got the data to prove it's overpowered yet. Once people start using it for all it's worth and other classes start complaining, it will be nerfed. I have managed to top Koralon every week since I've gotten it, and while I have never checked the gear of the others in the raid, I'm sure it's better than mine as I'm in a 10 man strict guild and thus only have access to 10 man gear (and less frost emblems from not doing 25 man as well). Koralon is pretty much tank and spank though, and rolling the crit won't be as possible on real fights, but I can only imagine if players in top guilds with much better gear than mine start using this "feature".

It's a trinket that functions as a static +20% crit to ~30-35% of your damage in addition to 111 SP and some very minor crit gains otherwise. It's not better than Reign. It's not better than Muradin's. It's not better than Dislodged. All the good 245+ trinkets are better, while it beats all other 232 trinkets (which all suck), while being better than most trinkets under 232. It's fine. It's worth is also based purely on your ability to maintain that Corruption, which isn't possible in some fights. Putricide and Anub'arak being the easiest examples.

In any case if you have Reign, Spyglass, Comet, Dislodged, or a number of others you won't be using the Ice Crystal. Blizzard has no reason to worry about it. Spyglass and Dislodged in particular are so much better that it's silly. For Shadow Priests who can do the same thing it's still a great trinket, but again all the higher level trinkets are better. So, what's to fix? Higher end trinkets are better and lower end trinkets are worse and it's not a trinket that impacts PVP in the least. It doesn't surprise me that Blizz doesn't care.

Cant beleive I passed on this before on my Warlock, didnt think it was of any use :|