Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Leather pieces and T10 (264)

Will these leather pieces filled with agi/crit start to fade away from us as we approach 4 pc t10 (264)?

Has anyone done the calculations for the value of crit without the two piece 258 t9?

:] ty friendos

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Leather pieces and T10 (264)

They will be worth less with4 pc, but still quite good.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

15+ Year Old Account

Which is exactly why all leather wearing classes are waiting for 4.0, so you take your hands off our freaking loot :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Arel
    Which is exactly why all leather wearing classes are waiting for 4.0, so you take your hands off our freaking loot :P
    Sad it takes an entire expansion and the removal of half of the dps stats to fix a simple issue with itemization.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvian
    Will these leather pieces filled with agi/crit start to fade away from us as we approach 4 pc t10 (264)?

Has anyone done the calculations for the value of crit without the two piece 258 t9?

:] ty friendos
    If you look at the BiS lists up on the EJ 3.3 thread, you'll find that the DPS difference between the "All Plate Heroic" set and the "All Heroic" set is very very small. Last I checked the difference was only ~150 DPS. Previous BiS lists had much larger gaps.

The agility gear is still very good, but it is slightly less valuable in 4T10. Also, most raiding rets have somewhere around 40% unbuffed crit nowadays. With higher levels of crit, crit loses value and thus makes agility gear less attractive from the agi/crit standpoint. Two stats that are offering nearly the same benefit but are only pushing us up to and beyond the crit cap. Pointless.

Having said all of that, it appears that we are in a place now where we need to be pushing for maximum strength and attack modifiers like haste and ArP. Personally, I am sitting at 41% unbuffed crit and my personal stat weights show crit dropping off while strength is miles above any other stat. Whereas crit used to be reasonably close to strength, that is not the case anymore.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose
    Sad it takes an entire expansion and the removal of half of the dps stats to fix a simple issue with itemization.
    As someone who plays a paladin as well as a druid and others, I completely understand your point. Nonetheless, it's irritating when you're on the other side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

15+ Year Old Account

As someone who plays a paladin as well as a druid and others, I completely understand your point. Nonetheless, it's irritating when you're on the other side.
    Yeah I can imagine. I was highest on priority for the Frostbitten Fur Boots (I think they are called) last night but passed them to a rogue. Figure I can let them get most of their 264 leather before I start taking their Heroic versions

Yeah I can imagine. I was highest on priority for the Frostbitten Fur Boots (I think they are called) last night but passed them to a rogue. Figure I can let them get most of their 264 leather before I start taking their Heroic versions
    Snag the boots I have. They are nummy. Even if they look like snow boots, my dress in a few weeks will cover it up.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    Snag the boots I have. They are nummy. Even if they look like snow boots, my dress in a few weeks will cover it up.
    ya no, if you wer a draenei you wouldnt need that hit gem =P
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

Quote Originally Posted by Serryn
    ;D Agree

15+ Year Old Account

/signed.

15+ Year Old Account

Passed on those too lol. I've been holding out for Heroic DC which I think now I'm going to switch directions and hold out for Tiny Abom. I just want to get rid of this greatness card. Tired of looking at it. Yeah its still good but BLAH.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    /signed.
    QFT

Click to see my Armory

15+ Year Old Account

mine are better, they are red and best boot model ever!
    p.s. when you have been wearing the crafted boot from ulduar, who look like blue gear for 8 months you dont say a word about the look of those boots :P

Flame me if you want, but...

I always thought Paladins going for leather gear is completely retarded for many reasons. I always /facepalm when I see it

With ICC 25 gear, you shouldn't even be thinking about going for leather. I've always gone for "Plate BiS" and will still do.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrane
    Flame me if you want, but...

I always thought Paladins going for leather gear is completely retarded for many reasons. I always /facepalm when I see it

With ICC 25 gear, you shouldn't even be thinking about going for leather. I've always gone for "Plate BiS" and will still do.
    What reasons?

10+ Year Old Account

What reasons?
    less armor
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

15+ Year Old Account

less armor
    Haha ;D

LOL as someone who plays a druid (Boom) and a Pally, Druids (Boom) have the same issue. Many BiS are cloth, so druids do the same. Once again bad itemiztion. All the spirit on caster leather.
    "Peace is a lie"