Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Does the ret 2T10 bonus disregard the standard GCD?

Preface: I don't use any kind of cooldown counter aside from the standard Blizzard "dial" cooldown indicator. In the past I have used CLCRet but I don't anymore. I just don't feel that its beneficial or necessary.

When the 2pc T10 proc to reset the cooldown for Divine Storm goes off, is it disregarding the global cooldown and allowing DS to be used again while all other available abilities are still on the global?? I can't be sure what I'm seeing here. On AoE trash packs with Seal of Command, it seems that I can use DS numerous times in a row assuming a lucky streak of procs, but the procs aren't subjected to the GCD. Like, being able to hit DS 4 times in the span of ~3 seconds.

Has anyone else seen/noticed this and is it intended?

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Re: Does the ret 2T10 bonus disregard the standard GCD?

It still uses the standard gcd, but does not reset the gcd. Though you can get that buggy lockout thing sometimes.

Also, may I suggest power auras? It prompts faster than standard ui, so it makes your pre button mashing a little better.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Nope, I get the GCD, even if a white swing resets DS while my GCD is refreshing, I can't use DS again until the GCD is up.

I use a mod called cooldown count ( http://www.wowace.com/addons/project-13709/ ), yes it's really old, but it's small and still works perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    It still uses the standard gcd, but does not reset the gcd. Though you can get that buggy lockout thing sometimes.

Also, may I suggest power auras? It prompts faster than standard ui, so it makes your pre button mashing a little better.
    So you're saying that you have not seen DS become available to press again immediately following the use of that same ability?? By immediately, I am meaning less than half a second later.

I have found this numerous times. Immediately after hitting DS, I can hit it again(lights up) and again and again. It's like I am Bladestorming. The animation from the previous DS hasn't even come close to finishing from the previous attack and it starts all over again.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    So you're saying that you have not seen DS become available to press again immediately following the use of that same ability?? By immediately, I am meaning less than half a second later.

I have found this numerous times. Immediately after hitting DS, I can hit it again(lights up) and again and again. It's like I am Bladestorming. The animation from the previous DS hasn't even come close to finishing from the previous attack and it starts all over again.
    I've exerienced it a few times, mainly on trash before the fix to SoC. You could mash it twice in a row without experiencing the GCD. I would assume that this is not intended but who knows. The lockout bug on the other hand is really starting to get on my nerves and I wouldn't doubt that the two errors are somewhat related.

As far as a cooldown counter for the new 2 piece, I don't find it very necessary either. As long as your attacks are on CD just keep hitting DS in in case it procs while waiting for other attacks to come off CD. If they are not on CD or are about to come off CD same time, just follow the priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose
    I've exerienced it a few times, mainly on trash before the fix to SoC. You could mash it twice in a row without experiencing the GCD. I would assume that this is not intended but who knows. The lockout bug on the other hand is really starting to get on my nerves and I wouldn't doubt that the two errors are somewhat related.

As far as a cooldown counter for the new 2 piece, I don't find it very necessary either. As long as your attacks are on CD just keep hitting DS in in case it procs while waiting for other attacks to come off CD. If they are not on CD or are about to come off CD same time, just follow the priorities.
    Thanks Swamp. I thought I might be going crazy because no one had reported this that I found and I can't imagine that it was intended to work like this. 2 DS attacks in 1 GCD is pretty Mmmmmmm.

I'm not at all familiar with the lockout bug that you guys are referencing. Can you please explain?

When you are trying to hit an attack and it won't launch. It's sorta like being silenced or having a invisa le gcd.
    Pondering returning.

15+ Year Old Account

When you are trying to hit an attack and it won't launch. It's sorta like being silenced or having a invisa le gcd.
    hah, thats pretty good right there. nice one.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

I guess I'll have to keep an eye out for this. Normally, I only see the proc sequence like I mentioned during trash packs. It's very difficult to monitor anything else because I am usually seconds away from getting rofl'd by the 7 mobs I just pulled aggro on.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    hah, thats pretty good right there. nice one.
    Nikoll uses his iPhone so much that he probably has found a way to play WoW on it.

15+ Year Old Account

I guess I'll have to keep an eye out for this. Normally, I only see the proc sequence like I mentioned during trash packs. It's very difficult to monitor anything else because I am usually seconds away from getting rofl'd by the 7 mobs I just pulled aggro on.
    Its noticable in heroics and what not from what I did the other day, where you try to FoL yourself and you can an error message.

Nikoll uses his iPhone so much that he probably has found a way to play WoW on it.
    Nah he can launch nuclear missles with remote access with that thing by now.

It uses the normal GCD, and kinda off topic, last night on lord marrowgar this proc'd for me about 6 times in a row. I died.,

I might have launched skynet. I'd start storing water and canned food if I were you.
    Pondering returning.

15+ Year Old Account

I might have launched skynet. I'd start storing water and canned food if I were you.
    I lol in the face of skynet. I've been preparing for the zombie invasion for years now. Robots are hardly scary compared with undead, flesh eating zombies. And not the "undead" from warcraft. We're talking bonafide, living death that.....Ok, I should stop now. My inner nerd is showing a bit too much.

Problem with robots is they use guns.
    Pondering returning.

15+ Year Old Account

Nien count the day until he has enough emblem of frost and cry
    Still need 15 (-5 for this week quest, god damnit Marrowgar, like Malygos wasnt a nightmare)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimerock
    It uses the normal GCD, and kinda off topic, last night on lord marrowgar this proc'd for me about 6 times in a row. I died.,
    /facepalm, you know if something proc and your agro is too high stop using it
    because dead dps = lower dps then someone surviving the complete fight even if you do 20k dps for 10sec..

15+ Year Old Account

Problem with robots is they use guns.
    Robots can be shut down from a main computer source. Zombies don't stop if you destroy HQs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    /facepalm, you know if something proc and your agro is too high stop using it
    because dead dps = lower dps then someone surviving the complete fight even if you do 20k dps..
    Yeah, but 20k dps is fun.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    Yeah, but 20k dps is fun.
    you mean tasting the carpet is fun? Being powerless while they kill a boss, suck.. :-\

I've started pop shield wall with my wings on trash. I'm tanking it anyway. Mine as well live a little longer. Maybe I shold wear my 5 or so dk style def gear ( no sb. All parry dodge def) on trash.
    Pondering returning.

15+ Year Old Account

I've started pop shield wall with my wings on trash. I'm tanking it anyway. Mine as well live a little longer. Maybe I shold wear my 5 or so dk style def gear ( no sb. All parry dodge def) on trash.
    I coulda swore you couldn't use Wings and Divine Protection within 30 secs of each other.

You can't. I have good healers. They keep me up for the 30 seconds than I sw when the xplodes are happening since I can't run away because I have aggro. Guess I should have mentioned that.
    Pondering returning.