Thread: lolGearscore

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

lolGearscore

Oh look. It's this thread again.

But no really, I have to wonder how anyone ever completed Naxx with all this talk of Gearscore. Seems like you cant raid with anything less than the best gear these days, but that's not a restriction of the raids. Oh no. That's a restriction set by the other players. I wonder how many people would crap their pants if they actually had to gear up. You know, do Naxx to go from blues to purples.

I've never been turned away due to Gearscore, but goddamn is it annoying after a while...
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceforge
    <----------------WOOSH
    HEAD

Re: lolGearscore

This is a new and interesting topic
    Casual Vs. Hardcore?
    It's a false dichotomy, premised on a noobish attempt at a dialectic argument, whereby people can vent their various prejudices by creating what's known as a "straw man" against which to contrast their theoretically superior moral character.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudang
    inorite?
    <----------------WOOSH
    HEAD

Now what is this gearscore everybody keeps talking about?

Gearscore is for the people who skipped a class to come to a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiangu
    Its kinda like religion. People cling to it for all its worth, only to find out it fucked them from getting in the raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma6987

IT WAS UP HILL BOTH WAYS IN FREEZING FROST SHOCKS AND VIOLENT 2HAND WINDFURY CRITS WHILE BEING REPEATEDLY AMBUSHED, BACKSTABBED, AND SAPPED THE WHOLE WAY! AND WE DIDN'T COMPLAIN! ([size=6pt]we did.[/size]) WE LIKED IT!

A truly honorable question, as I have read nothing regarding this fabled 'gearscore' that the OP speaks of.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightvaj
    Oh look. It's this thread again....
    ....goddamn is it annoying after a while...
    My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by avengingbt
    Pshh. I'm not perpetuating my annoyance.

I'm venting.

I DONT KNOW HOW TO EXPRESS MY EMOTIONS.
    <----------------WOOSH
    HEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Mudang

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Quote Originally Posted by grimkiller
    A truly honorable question, as I have read nothing regarding this fabled 'gearscore' that the OP speaks of.
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...gearscore.aspx

Oh look. It's this thread again.
    No one cares. If you don't like it, make your own groups and STFU about Gearscore.

It's in place to keep under geared players out of places they don't belong. It does not measure skill and it isn't designed to.

Being a gramma nazi is forbidden on these forums, but the title of your topic disgusts me.
    I have a good idea, why don't you contribute to something here....It would be a whole lot better than getting pressure induced nose bleeds and nerd raging durrn durrrns in your posts :-*

its an addon that let you how good the gear of the charakter is based on itemlevel and some other determination methods... eg. 3500 is like naxx-25 3800 ulduar... unfortnatly it doesnt use the player skill as a factor because in many cases it would show something below zero. like the 5200 mage i had lately in a totc raid pulling 2500 dps on jaraxxus -.-
    personaly i just use it in heroics while i tank to get a quick overview of the group that way i know if i can just chainpull or if i have to slow down... but sadly most guys just see the number in a random group or raid and go like "wtf no l33t g3arsc0r3, kick plz"

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400
    No one cares. If you don't like it, make your own groups and STFU about Gearscore.

It's in place to keep under geared players out of places they don't belong. It does not measure skill and it isn't designed to.
    No, that's what inspect is for. Gearscore is there for people who just want to be lazy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by deathwish5
    See I have already grinded out naxx 10, naxx 25 , sarth 10 and sarth 25 on 2-3 toons. I dont have the need or have the desire to carry people anymore who are too lazy to run heroics or buy Boe gear. I want fast easy runs so I tend to group with people in similiar gear and who know there class. A fresh 80 can be in 232 level t9 and 245 slot items in 2 weeks of solid runs. When I setup a run I want the best possible people I can get not just the lazy bastards who put no effort in.
    A fresh 80 can be in 232 t9 and 245 items on a single day oO

10+ Year Old Account

I DONT KNOW HOW TO EXPRESS MY EMOTIONS.
    Tryed hitting a brick wall? Always helps me if i'm frustrated, downsize to it are bleeding hands .

Seriously, the mods need to start deleting/banning people that make threads on Gearscore.

You don't like it, make your own group and take the fresh 80's in greens and embrace it.

Gearscore looks at one thing, and one thing only: Their gear.

You can't possibly know what their skill level is in pugs. This is the only reliable way to weed out the "baddies." This is why it's so popular.

Granted, you can have bad gear and do well. You can also have decent gear and do poorly. But there's no mod out there that can judge "skill."

So suck it up or get your own raid started. No one wants to hear you complaining.

A fresh 80 can be in 232 t9 and 245 items on a single day oO
    Yeah i geared up my warrior into icc worthy gear in about 20 hours /played

Lfm os25. 5k gs min. Pst or come to north bank for inspection.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin