Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

I don't get what I deserve (Shadowmourne)

First let me tell you of my background:
    I'm a Death Knight in a semisuccesful guild (ranked in the 600's) and I was a hunter before WotLK.
    I've been in the guild since Ahn'qiraj was release and I've been officer once for 1½ year.

Now to the point; Ever since Shadowmourne was announced I was 100% sure I would be the chosen one to wield this blade of souls.
    I started to read up on the quests when it was announced to be prepared what to do etc.
    By the time 3.3 was released I waited to buy the primordial saronite (To get a confirmation (Which I was sure I would get.) that I had a go to buy like 10-14 and get help with the rest.) but one of our newer members started to buy saronite right away (paladin) and when festergut and rotface was released he got the first round of blood, not to get the legendary but because of shadow's edge, final decision hadn't been made I was told.)

That was last week ago and yesterday we zerged through all bosses before Putricide and when I stood there waiting to see who got the blood...it went to our MS warrior.
    I felt emptiness and sadness, not because of the axe (Well, a bit maybe.) but because of the principle.

The warrior's awesome, also been an officer once but I really got suprised he got the blood because of these three points:
    1. He joined the guild two years after me.
    2. While he does awesome damage per second I still do around 1000 more in even gear.
    3. Recently he started to miss raids except for last few weeks.

But as I said, it's not just the axe that pisses me off, it's the principle, in the whole time I've been in the guild I've NEVER got a token of appreciation for me being a member of the guild for so long, never got something unique nobody else can have.

It's all I want really, a pat on the back saying "Hey thank's for staying with us for so long, here's a gift!"...

Anyways the reason I made this thread was that I wanted to ask for aid and suggestions of what I should do now.
    Should I /w one of the officers stating my PoV saying I think it's unfair and that I'd like to get a token of gratitude like everyone else who has gotten a legendary in the guild has or would it sound extremely greedy?

Re: I don't get what I deserve (Shadowmourne)

give it to the warrior IMO, the axe is an ArP stacker's dream!
    a small man carrying a large stick still dies to a shotgun in the face.

Deleted

I do feel for you!
    However, i dont think you should have keept quite - as an officer you should be involved in all the decisions
    And tho it could make you sound selfish thats what you should have done.

The "given and item of appreciation" is bullshit tbh
    You got to fight for what you want and unless your really close to the GM it most likely wont happen

if your guild is succesfull, like you say it is, i seriously doubt you will only get one shadowmourne, you can go complain to the gm but in the end if you whine too much you'll look like a stuck up bitch.

voice your opinion, if they choose the other guy, either be patient or leave. but i seriously doubt you'll end up with only shadow's edge, considering how much time is left, and the amount of shards your guild will get once all of icc is open and on farm.

10+ Year Old Account

The blood will show up every week. It's nothing important. It's once he starts getting the shards that you should speak up.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

Why the hell did it go to the Warrior if you are a long-standing member of the guild who has been loyal since Vanilla?!

Did you roll you it?

sorry man that kinda sucks, but at the same time, stuff like that happens as an officer.

you didn't say what spec you are, and from what i know about dk's, blood is the spec that weapon would be best for. if your a tank, get byntroll for the nice 3 gem slots and self heal which procs quite a bit to help your healers out.

dont get me wrong though, you should still voice your opinion about this, i sure as hell would.

He who expects nothing, shall never be dissapointed.

Though, you should voice your opinion on this, but be sure to not go too far. If people lose faith in you as an officer or just a guild member, a kick or demote may be possible.

I don't see the problem. It drops every week. You can't get the legendary until LK encounter is available. 3rd Wing isn't even released yet. Am I missing something?

Also, what's so special about a DPS staying with a guild for X years? Especially when you rerolled from one easyplay-class to another easyplay-class, no offense.

EDIT: Also, you should buy all of the 25 saronite, what's so special about a legendary where you didn't even do the easy part all by yourself?

EDIT: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by vreid
    I don't see the problem. It drops every week. You can't get the legendary until LK encounter is available. 3rd Wing isn't even released yet.
    As he said, it drops every week (if you take them).

Im in same situation but i accept it. Your first blood went to a DK (it is decide, that the guild help him get the first legendary). Last night our 2nd blood dropped, and it went on roll to a member joined 14 days ago. But again it drops again.

Its a tricky situation. Most guilds with a realistic chance of completing Shadowmourne will have 4 or 5 people who are active enough, skilled enough and loyal enough to be worth making that effort on their behalf. That means all those guilds are going to have to disappoint 3 or 4 very deserving people.

That said, your guild doesn't owe you anything. Yes you have put in a lot of time and dedication but presumably you have been rewarded already with friends and many years of fun and enjoyment. Yeah its nice to have the biggest shiniest toy in the game but try not to become fixated on it. Don't allow yourself to lose sight of what you enjoy about the game over, what is in the end, just another soon to be obsolete weapon in a long line of soon to be obsolete weapons you will have had over the years. So voice your concerns is you feel you should but you have to weigh the cost. Make sure you do so in an appropriate manner. The last thing you want is all the time and effort all your guild mates and yourself will have to put into farming that item to be spoiled because the item itself is a memory of a bitter fight in the guild.

I guess what I am trying to say is don't let your own soul be one of those Shadowmourne feeds upon.

(Also, not sure if it helps but my own guild has decided to give Shadow's Edge to another guy before the guy who will end up getting Shadowmourne. There are still many weeks during which the Bloods will drop before you can go much further in the Shadowmourne questline)

10+ Year Old Account

[Shadowmourne, Destroyer of Guilds]

Quote Originally Posted by Thissi
    He who expects nothing, shall never be dissapointed.
    He who asks for nothing but expects something is doomed to become bitter and probably eventually passive-aggressive about it.

Just raise the issue in officer chat, politely but fairly. "I believe I should get first dibs on the shards, in light of my long-time dedication to the guild." It may be just that people were giving stuff to their buddies, or it may be that no-one has actually thought about it. Until you talk it through with the other officers, you'll never know.

Edit:
    I guess what I am trying to say is don't let your own soul be one of those Shadowmourne feeds upon.
    Brilliant way to look at it.
    Ultralisk-Nagrand / Táne-Nagrand / Wuggles-Nagrand / Koras-Thaurrisan / Dieselsun-Thaurissan / Bezoar-Thaurissan

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus
    [Shadowmourne, Destroyer of Guilds]
    We had way to much QQ over who got this item and ofc no matter how much we explained the reason that player X got it there was people who could not accept it because they did no get it.

You are a Deathknight, you actually deserve NOTHING!

Quote Originally Posted by Warriman
    [...] But as I said, it's not just the axe that pisses me off, it's the principle, in the whole time I've been in the guild I've NEVER got a token of appreciation for me being a member of the guild for so long, never got something unique nobody else can have. [...]
    maybe you should try telling that kind of stuff to your guild/raid leader(s), and not the mmo-champ community...

Did you even discus this with the leadership of your guild? Could be the reason why. Just talk to them about it, don't flat out demand the thing. But if shards are already being handed it, it might've already been said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriman
    First let me tell you of my background:
    I'm a Death Knight
    /Thread

15+ Year Old Account

just ask why they decided to give it to the warrior.

it can still be given to you if you get saronites and blood. just get the 1000 souls faster.

if you are an office and you don't know who get it, who else in your guild does? how do you decide something or who does?
    Time waits for no one.
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.