Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Tiny Abomination in a Jar test results.

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    The ilvl 277 Tiny Abomination and the ilvl 258 Death's Choice/Verdict are our two BiS trinkets.
    Here is a quote from EJ:
    Here's hoping it doesn't get nerfed although I expect some changes around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by dekanen
    Most of this is outdated. Post 13th of January no attacks besides specials and autoattacks can proc TAJ, Bryntroll or for that matter Berserking. Previously even debuff applications such as Vindication was capable of proccing a mote.

Post 13th of January this trinket isn't very potent. Personally I expect to see a fix to it soonish as frankly, it's somewhat obsolete at this point.
    You must be a rogue and are pissed about the poison proc nerf. Check out my data on the previous page of this thread. The data was collected post fix. See the WoL parse that I linked for starters.

TAiaJ is proc'd by: Judgement, Crusader Strike, Divine Storm, Seal of Corruption, application of Righteous Vengeance, refreshment of Righteous Vengeance, Auto Attack, Seal of Righteousness, and Seal of Command (non-cleave portion). Every seal can grant a mote. I didn't list SoL, SoW, or SoJ because they really don't matter here.

EDIT: If I could test it, I would bet that Manifested Anger proc itself could grant a mote or two because of it proc'ing seal damage.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

With it only procing ~4% of our damage I doubt it will be nerfed. It is likley about the same for all melée classes with seals procing it.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

The interesting thing about this trinket is that it'll probably stay very useful even post-cataclysm. maybe we'll even carry it into the first raids.
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

Quote Originally Posted by Ascal
    The interesting thing about this trinket is that it'll probably stay very useful even post-cataclysm. maybe we'll even carry it into the first raids.
    Considering how valuable Hit Rating can be early on in any release, this is true. I would believe that the proc chance on this trinket would be nerfed shortly after the release of Cataclysm because the proc is a static percentage of weapon damage.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Considering how valuable Hit Rating can be early on in any release, this is true. I would believe that the proc chance on this trinket would be nerfed shortly after the release of Cataclysm because the proc is a static percentage of weapon damage.
    i thought hit rating was going buh-bye in cataclysm
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

Quote Originally Posted by Serryn
    i thought hit rating was going buh-bye in cataclysm
    I recall GC talking about how no one liked needing it, much like defense. I do not recall them saying that they were removing it though.

I gotta admit I can see seals proccing it (which also seems completely counter intuitive based on every other mechanic for every other class), but I can't see Righteous Vengeance ticks proccing it in your logs. Can you find/make a screenshot that shows RV ticks proc it? It's a little weird applications of RV procs it, but not completely unexplanable.

Also (not that I distrust you, but I have to ask) is fight from that log (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...05acavoei/log/) definitely performed after wednesday this week? From what I can see you even have Vindication proccing it

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Serryn
    Good job prentice, very thorough.

hopefully they fix the hitbox problem...

curious as to how i'm going to manage lowering my hit on my other gear to maximize this trinkets use though...
    Obviously by switching to the STR rep ring, which is bound to have Expertise instead of Hit on it : /

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Obviously by switching to the STR rep ring, which is bound to have Expertise instead of Hit on it : /
    it'll have both :-X

You can't have both.

Compared a 10 man log to this to see mute damage v. Ret. mute damage increase by 1.2%. And that is supposed to be their bis trinket after the nerf according to the rogue that has it. Hell if I know if he is right or BSing. So that makes this bis for us, likely. I want one. I want it a lot.
    Pondering returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    You can't have both.
    assuming you were reffering to my post, http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45540 says hi :-X

Why are you linking a ulduar trash drop when we are talking about Tony abom and rep rings?
    Pondering returning.

Why are you linking a ulduar trash drop when we are talking about Tony abom and rep rings?
    Because you just said that one ring having both hit and expertise is impossible? or did i misunderstand you?

this trinket is full of so much win, it makes my head explode. would be perfect for me right now because im running with 60 hit in my sockets to barely reach the hitcap

damn you buggy dropluck!

Quote Originally Posted by Ascal
    Because you just said that one ring having both hit and expertise is impossible? or did i misunderstand you?
    I thought you meant you wanted both the agi and str rep ring.
    Pondering returning.

Compared a 10 man log to this to see mute damage v. Ret. mute damage increase by 1.2%. And that is supposed to be their bis trinket after the nerf according to the rogue that has it. Hell if I know if he is right or BSing. So that makes this bis for us, likely. I want one. I want it a lot.
    Just to be clear.
    What made this incredibly good for rogues (and still keeps it somewhat viable although far from good), isn't the damage of the proc, but the fact that Manefest Anger (the proc) can proc poisons, energy gains and enchants. As such you won't be able to easily see the real damage gain, but comparing energy gains and poison damage should give you a better idear. For the record, Tiny Abom is inferior to WFS and HWT on my rogue atm.

What seems to keep this trinket incredibly good for ret paladins at the moment is that they (for unknown reasons) still can proc motes aswell as other stuff on secondary attacks such as seals (mind you, 5 deadly poisons works very similarly to SoCor to take an example) and righteous vengeance. This behavior is unconsistent with the behavior observed for every other class since the 13th of january, where only special attacks and auto attacks are capable of proccing motes and enchants. As such Rets are likely to see far more damage from Manefest Anger than any other class.

3 pages and no one linked the lil guy, so I'll take that liberty.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50706
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50351

I like the new proc trinkets, hope they keep this one as-is.

I'm curious as to what the Tiny Abomination was created from. Normal Abominations are made of what, 10 people? Perhaps it consists of the remains of 10 gnomes, who knows?

But then, why is it in a jar? Is the smell that repugnant? Or does it bite? :-X
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

Quote Originally Posted by Horn
    I'm curious as to what the Tiny Abomination was created from. Normal Abominations are made of what, 10 people? Perhaps it consists of the remains of 10 gnomes, who knows?

But then, why is it in a jar? Is the smell that repugnant? Or does it bite? :-X
    Babies
    Pondering returning.