Best Pet for tanking old world instances

I am a new hunter and i plan on making him my main I've feel in love with the class. I will not be able to raid for a while with my guild due to real life stuff so i plan on achievement farming and getting my hunter up to where my warr is, pretty much just to keep me busy until i can raid again.

So what would be the best pet to attempt to solo old content for rep and bc heroics and such. I would guess BM Tenacity but i read that Devilsuar is good for soloing. So i really don't know. Suggestions?

Re: Best Pet for tanking old world instances

http://www.wow-petopia.com/

FTW ;D

Turtle or Bear IMO

I'd suggest a Crocolisk ;D

Bear, because of the swipe. Your choice really.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/world-of-warcraft-lore-by-richard-knaak-(spoilers)/

So no exotic pets? then would it be better to try to do these as marks / survival then? or get a non exotic and go bm?

Turtle is beast IMO. 50% reduction to all damage taken for 12 secs is the best "Oh Shit" button ever. Combined with Cower, and all of Tenacitys Survival Buttons, and its hard to kill that Turtle.

Bears Swipe, while kinda useful for tanking AoE Mobs (not so much, because all you really need to do is MD your pet now), isn't useful overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    Turtle is beast IMO. 50% reduction to all damage taken for 12 secs is the best "Oh Shit" button ever. Combined with Cower, and all of Tenacitys Survival Buttons, and its hard to kill that Turtle.

Bears Swipe, while kinda useful for tanking AoE Mobs (not so much, because all you really need to do is MD your pet now), isn't useful overall.
    The only reason why i still use my bear for ZG tanking, is because I'm too lazy to level up a turtle. But i heard from a hunter friend, that the 50% reduction really is a life saver in places like MC.

But honestly, your main concern isn't which pet to run with. You should see if you can get 2 part T5, because that set bonus really kicks ass when soloing old world content.

I was using turtle, with 2T5 I soloed all lvl 70 hc's and (cause I didn;t had enough time) some of lvl 60 40 man raids

Deleted

Warpstalker is by far the best tank pet u can get and is also the best kept secret as not many people know how good it is, it made soloing Attumen a breeze compared to my gorilla. Warpstalker ftw.

Must agree love my Warp Stalker you wont know what down time is, and as for speck definitely BM. Extra pet health and armor plus and extra 4 talent points really helps you grab everything your lovely meat-shield will need. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondmorfar
    censor = cookies (for bannable purposes)

i saw a vid entering a raid can't recall where is it.. but they enter without having tank but a croc pet.
    Make your gaming experience a lot better!
    wow strategy guide