Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

I prefer undergeared DPS

As a tank, I find myself enjoying the slower undergeared dps in my heroics. Granted, they sometimes take longer, the general attitude of the players is alot better and easier to deal with. I tanked on my prot paladin for close to a year and just started on my warrior...after playing with macros and such I have a nice understanding of how to play. However I somehow still get yelled at even if things are beyond my control. Here are some examples:

H-UK, Basically for each pull...I que up cleave, charge in, heroic throw, TC and do all my other stuff. First few pulls go ok and then the geared dps and by geared dps...I mean the arrogant mage who has all tier 9 and every badge epic (strangely not one raid epic) decides to start pulling. He burns up his CD's and fires an Missile Barrage at one of my secondary targets...crits it for 13k and bitches because I am a shit tank because my thunderclap can't outthreat his Arcane Powered Missile Barrage. After that he starts pulling with blizzard and dies about 3 times. Honestly, I do not mind other people pulling...it doesnt bother me so long as its reasonable and doesnt complicate things. Hunters that MD pull? Love it. Mage doing a single pull with maybe an ice lance? No problem. Mage pulling a group of 4 with blizzard and then blinking in the opposite direction as me? Not good.

The problem isn't even the pulling, just the general behavior and attitude. It seems like the more gear people get, the more impatient that they get. I have even adapted a no taunting policy on those that rub me the wrong way. Another example: I said brb, fixing something on my desktop. DK decides to single pull by death gripping and then standing near me and dropping death and decay. He of course dies 10 seconds before I came back...and then blasts into me calling me a shit tank who sucks at aggro. Apparently I must of missed the talent that allows me to tank with WoW minimized. So from that point on, I refused to taunt off of him...oh and trust me...he died alot. I dont know what it is with DK's...but they cant seem to not death grip. Death Grip is fine, in a situation where there are 3 melee mobs and 1 caster...I welcome it. (Old kingdom slingers come to mind) but when they are gripping mobs that are right next to me...I want to punch them in the face.

With the lower geared people, I dont seem to get this problem. They maintain an attitude that they actually seem grateful to be in the heroic and arent in a huge hurry to get things done. Its almost like...once people are decked out in their free welfare tier 9...they get this attitude where they are doing me or anyone else a favor by being there. You aren't, as you can easily be replaced. Sure I can be replaced too but tanks are a little harder to find.

Re: I prefer undergeared DPS

So long it isn't the hunters and DKs that are undergeared with <500 DPS I kind of agree with you here. I like not being bitched at for refusing to skip eck when i'm tanking.
    Ones brain cannot co-pilot if ones mouth is on auto-pilot.

I agree to a certain extent, some players know how to still do high dps and dps smart. For example, i run with a fury warrior who can basically mantain, yes mantain 6k dps for the entire heroic, however he doesnt just charge in and que ww and cleave from the start, he focuses my target first, letting me get off 2 thunderclaps and a shockwave, and then he goes ballistic. By this time i have enuff threat on all mobs where he isnt going to pull aggro. It's all about dpsing smart , something that the meters dont always tell.

i dont prefer undergeared dps, although 3x 4k dps each targetting a different mob can be a hassle sometimes, it generally makes it a bit less boring though.

i dont mind if some newly dinged guy is doing 1500 dps, but when some dps dk is doing 600 dps while in frost presence, with no gems and only 5hp enchant on chest, i tend to curse the LFG system >

especially since my mainspec is dps, and i only tank for heroics, and occasionally a 10m

Yeah I agree. Honestly its the worst when they pull, u dont see it, they dont type anything, then they get 1 shotted. That is alwayls followed by a "WTF man" take the guys off me.

Quote Originally Posted by Antermosiph
    So long it isn't the hunters and DKs that are undergeared with <500 DPS I kind of agree with you here. I like not being bitched at for refusing to skip eck when i'm tanking.
    Oh yes because Eck is berry berry chawenging

OH i really agree with the OP on this one gimmie that group with one fresh 80 and 2 others with a few blues still anyday...generally much nicer...

both my dps toons are high up on the gear ladder and i only run one heroic on them for my frost emblems and it really isnt that hard to be nice, hell i even died a few times in OK last night due to a fresh tank/heal combo we had, no biggie its just a game and a few gold (12 i believe) for repair.

then ill run one as dps with another dps in welfare as mentioned above not a single raid epic on em and they bitch at the tank or the healer the whole way thru while maintaining their mediocore 2.8k
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/rchmarkert_2007/Signatures/cpt.jpg

not all geared dps are bad, i have patience for new tanks and never start aoeing until i know its safe, i will heal other raid members when i see low health bars, stun and use repentance on mobs that are running astray and generally help the group out, thats what grouping is all about tbh

Probably you just pull way too slow. I've got an average iLevel 256 Mage as my main and when I do my daily random heroic I expect the tank to chainpull, just like I do it when tanking myself. Considering that I can solo most heroic trash/bosses with CDs up I will pull myself if the tank refuses to move his fat ass repeatedly.

Its fun being the healer of the heroic and having a decked out fury warrior that tanks the thing overgeared players ftw

Quote Originally Posted by GT4
    Probably you just pull way too slow. I've got an average iLevel 256 Mage as my main and when I do my daily random heroic I expect the tank to chainpull, just like I do it when tanking myself. Considering that I can solo most heroic trash/bosses with CDs up I will pull myself if the tank refuses to move his fat ass repeatedly.
    You should be proud of yourself for being so pro. /Bravo

I hate getting undergeared people, generally if you try and help them, they snap back and say they know what there doing when clearly they dont. ???

undergeared dps = dps that are below the tank (usually <2k).

I do not like these runs because, even if the people are nice, it is slow as shit. I could do 2-3 heroics with well geared dps in the time it takes to run 1 with undergeared players.

As a tank, it's nice when they're undergeared because threat is not even a concern - you can thunderclap, shockwave and afk.

I'd rather be done in 10 minutes though, and am willing to pay attention in order to hold threat and make that fast run happen.

As long as the ''undergeared'' (shouldnt say anything bad, my gear isnt that great but I still pull my weight) know how to do more then 1.5 k dps it's cool. If they're like ''LOLZ WAT IS THIS SP? IT MOAR DAMAGE TO ARCANE SHOT ADN STUFFZ'' I just feel like telling them to fuck off, since they just turn down your advice how to do more dps.

I am dps with my main but i have a tankadin. As a dps I really don`t mind the others dps`ers as long the tank and healer are ok. As a tank I usually set my pace on how the healer and dps can keep up, i`m not a hasty person so i don't mind if a heroic last more than it`s used to.
    But i encountered many players with that attitude of pulling a bunch of groups and expects me to take them off him. I usually don't let them die, but if this is repeating often i just let them pull and after he dies i step in.
    “The wise speak only of what they know.”

pull faster

if your dps goes oom and healer does some decent weeping about low mana as well you're doing it right. nothing more fun than 12 minute full clear in OK hc on warrior. tanked on all 4 classes. just dont pull when your healer got zero mana :s

I don't agree at all.

I have a pally tank, and I have 4 well geared DPS toons. 2 of them have heal off specs so I queue that way to get through the queue faster (and they have decent enough healing gear to do HOR heroic without a problem if the tank and DPS don't suck).

All 5 toons I only run for frost badges, there's no other reason to do it. It can be painfully slow with either a bad tank or all bad dps. Unless you're brand new to the game, you should have run every instance at least a couple times by now. I don't find it amusing on my tank or healers when a trash pull takes 2-3 minutes (doesn't normally happen on the tank since even solo it's not hard to do 2-2.5 K DPS).

Too many people think tanks are indispensible. They're not, although they take a bit longer to replace than a dps. I don't understand how anyone can call it "fun" when you are in an instance which is easily face-rollable in 15 minutes but it takes over an hour because of people who haven't bothered at all to gear or learn their characters.

All I can say is thank god for cross-realm ignore. Like the idiot tanks who run in and aggro 3 or more groups of casters that they can't control and wipe the group, after yelling for "pass lead to the tank FFS". As if there is some magic involved now when the tank is group leader. Or the pally who yells at you to "don't heal me so quickly, I run out of mana that way" when he's running without divine plea up or blessing of sanctuary. When pointed out, of course they "DC".

The biggest change I see with cross realm heroics, you find out just how bad people really are at this game.

Speaking of undergeared DPS, what's with all the people running around in T9 and triumph gear that do <1.5k dps? Seriously, I mean, I could understand if they were fresh 80, still in blues, a greens, and maybe 1 piece of badge gear or something, but these are people with like, 2-4 pieces of welfare T9 and covered in almost all epic badge gear that are so terribad they couldn't dps their way out of a wet paper bag. My priest was pulling 1.5k dps back at level 75 in mostly quest greens, so I don't see why rogues, mages, and dk's at level 80 can't even break 1k.

Quote Originally Posted by bockbear

The biggest change I see with cross realm heroics, you find out just how bad people really are at this game.
    No... you don't find out how bad people are, you just find more bad people because you're around more different people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Augury View Post
    I see you trollin
    round town with that class i love
    and im like haiku

This doesn't happen often, but sometimes you group with someone called "Gladatior <insertname>." I find that these pple are the least forgiving I've ever met. And the sad thing is you'll see the top .5% of the wow population called the next highest 2.5% bad on for instance AJunkies. I don't like grouping with people who are that elitist. I don't mean to malign all gladiators but the majority of top pvpers I come into contact with have giant egos.

However, I do like getting things done quickly but also quietly. Yea a lot of geared pple will post in gchat or in pchat about how much everyone else sucks and I'm sorry to say many of these people were at one time probably the 'meek undergeared' pugs. That is just life. The few and far between (and I don't really include myself here) people who are good, geared, and like helping people who are not are examples the rest of us could learn something from.