Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Goblin/Worgen Fact Sheet

Basically all the info we know at this point about the two new races in Cataclysm consolidated into one spot. If info isn't officially confirmed I include a brief explanation as to why I put it there. Will try to update as more info is released, also if anything important is left out please post and I will add.

Goblins

Faction Name:Bilgewater Cartel
    Racial Leader: Trade Prince Maldy- rumored
    Important NPCs: Doc Zapnozzle- Resuscitates you back to life in starting zone, Sassy Hardhearted- "Your Former Executive Assistant" rumors hint she may become the faction leader after the starting zone.
    Capital: May get back Undermine, may be given a "district" of pre existing horde city, or a capital in Azshara.
    Starting Zone: Kezan and Shipwreck Shore, Lost Isles
    Racial Mount: Goblin "Kart"- presumed
    Language: Orcish, Goblin
    Height:2'7"-3'3"
    Weight: 40 lb. average
    Maturity Age: 20
    Maximum Lifespan: 75-93 (many live only around 20 years due to explosive accidents during apprenticeships.)
    Skin Color: Various shades of green, from dark to yellow green
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Religion: None known, possibly worshipers of the Light due to goblin priests being available
    Architecture: See various Goblin settlements already in wow
    Playable Classes: Death knight, Hunter, Mage, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Warlock, Warrior

Planned Racial Abilities

Rocket Jump (2 min cooldown)
    Activates your rocket belt to jump forward.

Rocket Barrage (2 min cooldown, shared with Rocket Jump)
    Launches your belt rockets at an enemy, dealing X-Y fire damage. (24-30 at level 1; 1654-2020 at level 80)

Time is Money (passive)
    Cash in on a 1% increase to attack and casting speed.

Best Deals Anywhere (passive)
    Always receive the best discount regardless of faction standing.

Pack Hobgoblin (30 min cooldown)
    Calls in your personal servant, allowing you bank access for 1 min.

Better Living through Chemistry (passive)
    Alchemy skill increased by 15 (and you gain bonuses for healing/mana potions you made; 25% more mana/hp from potions).

Worgen

Faction Name: Gilneas
    Racial Leader: King Genn Greymane
    Important NPCs: Lord Godfrey- quest giver who wants to kill the player at first due to the worgen curse, Liam Greymane- the prince of Gilneas, Krennan Aranas- Gilnean royal alchemist and inventor of the worgen cure
    Capital: Gilneas City- lorewise this is true at the moment, most likely will be stationed in a SW district
    Starting Zone: Duskhaven, Gilneas
    Racial Mount: Boar/Wolf type hybrid- presumed, the "barghest" concept art is heavily debated. Boar/wolf is what I got from the pic.
    Language: Common, Worgen/Gilnean
    Height: 6'-7'3"
    Weight: 275 lb.
    Maturity Age: 16
    Maximum Lifespan: 85-130 -human lifespan
    Fur Color: Single tone from dark black to light grey, dull blue, and dull brown
    Alignment: Chaotic Good- presumed
    Religion: Worshipers of the Light- presumed
    Architecture: Similar to SW humans, with a more gothic feel.
    Playable Classes: Death knight, Druid, Hunter, Mage, Priest, Rogue, Warlock, Warrior

Planned Racial Abilities

Darkflight (3 min cooldown)
    Activates your true form, increasing movement speed by 70% for 10 sec.

Viciousness (passive)
    Increases all damage done by 1%.

Aberration (passive)
    Reduces the duration of all Curses and Diseases used against you by 15%.

Flayer (passive)
    Skinning skill increased by 15, removes the requirement of having a skinning knife and increases skinning speed.

Two Forms (1.5 sec cooldown)
    Turn into your currently inactive form.

Sources: wowwiki and the Cataclysm released artwork/screenshots and videos.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Goblin/Worgen Fact Sheet

What will most likely be the Worgen flag:

Sadly, no word yet on what the Goblin flag will look like.

May need to add into the goblin parts, they usually only live around 20 years due to blowing themselves up during apprenticeships

And the power of priests come from the faith itself, it's extremely possible one could put a religious faith in money so highly they can control the light of priests
    How much bone could a bonestorm storm if a bonestorm could BOOOOOOOOONESTOOOOOOOOOOOORM!!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/character-bios/'almega'-nara-draconus/ - my RP character

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Almega
    And the power of priests come from the faith itself, it's extremely possible one could put a religious faith in money so highly they can control the light of priests
    really like this idea, would be a hilarious twist if blizz implemented it.

I think you might be overestimating the life-span of these things. Even with healers and herbs, the World of Warcraft is probably filled with diseases and sickness that hasn't been cured yet. Kind of like how, only a hundred years ago, the human life-span was much shorter.

But I suppose this is debatable.

You DO know that inaris made a thread already very similar to this, right?

Also, the flag is awesome. Japanese hotspring ftw.

Also.

Human are adults at 15, middle age 35, and old by 53. 80 is -venerable- meaning extremely old. 130 a rare a occurance some magi live to, or paladins.

looks nice
    maybe you could add the possible racials posted on wowwiki as well
    also i think it has been confirmed at blizzcon worgen get a part of stormwind but most likely they wont get their own capital as gilneas will be a BG
    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    Someone believes the earth is flat, call them stupid.
    Someone believes Andorra is in Africa, call them uneducated.
    Someone believes you can go make coffee in the back of your car because it's set on "autopilot", call them retarded.
    But if someone believes a magical bearded man rewards you with eternal life in the clouds as long as you drink the magical whine-blood of a long dead carpenter in church, don't you dare argue with his beliefs.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by RakuRaku
    You DO know that inaris made a thread already very similar to this, right?

Also, the flag is awesome. Japanese hotspring ftw.

Also.

Human are adults at 15, middle age 35, and old by 53. 80 is -venerable- meaning extremely old. 130 a rare a occurance some magi live to, or paladins.
    Yes I know about Inarus' post, its a very good, In depth one at that. But it is only worgen, I wanted to have both worgen and goblins side to side with the same info, and not as quite detailed as his.

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb
    I think you might be overestimating the life-span of these things. Even with healers and herbs, the World of Warcraft is probably filled with diseases and sickness that hasn't been cured yet. Kind of like how, only a hundred years ago, the human life-span was much shorter.
    To mush and raku, yes i know all sorts of components come into effect with lifespan. However, I just took the maximum lifespan from the wowwiki ages page for the races. I thought that it was a given what I meant, but I will post maturity age too.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by dreadrune
    looks nice
    maybe you could add the possible racials posted on wowwiki as well
    ty

didnt add the racials last night due to laziness :P, but they are now up.

Quote Originally Posted by dreadrune
    also i think it has been confirmed at blizzcon worgen get a part of stormwind but most likely they wont get their own capital as gilneas will be a BG
    I know, I just wanted to write that as of now, before forsaken try to invade, it is their nations capital.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Inarus
    Great post! There some details in here i do not have in my post! It would nice to see a Goblin post simular to my worgen one.
    Thanks Inarus! I lack the initiative to make a post as detailed as yours about Goblins, But because there seems to be a lack of goblin pics on here compared to worgen I will post a few pics of them here.

Male and Female Goblins

The Goblin "Kart" concept art

Female Goblin concept art

Pack Hobgoblin

Map of Goblin starting area

Excellent post. A couple important NPC's for Goblins you might add though.

Doc Zapnozzle: The goblin who zaps you back to life after you wash ashore on the Lost Isles. From videos that I've seen, he will be a First Aid trainer on Lost Isles.

Maxx Avalanche: Don't know too much about this guy except that he's the Goblin Shaman trainer on Lost Isles

Sassy Hardhearted: "Your Former Executive Assistant" A prominent quest giver on Lost Isles and hints that she might be the leader of the goblins there since supposedly Trade Prince Maldy flees after the ship wreck. I guess he didn't want to be around the people he tried to sell into slavery. :-\ Further rumors I've seen suggest that she becomes the goblin faction leader full time later on.

http://wiki.nihilum.eu/index.php?tit...=Starting_Area
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGmLtrvQfOY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2BC2DW9MxQ

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by willjones410
    Excellent post. A couple important NPC's for Goblins you might add though.

Doc Zapnozzle: The goblin who zaps you back to life after you wash ashore on the Lost Isles. From videos that I've seen, he will be a First Aid trainer on Lost Isles.

Maxx Avalanche: Don't know too much about this guy except that he's the Goblin Shaman trainer on Lost Isles

Sassy Hardhearted: "Your Former Executive Assistant" A prominent quest giver on Lost Isles and hints that she might be the leader of the goblins there since supposedly Trade Prince Maldy flees after the ship wreck. I guess he didn't want to be around the people he tried to sell into slavery. :-\ Further rumors I've seen suggest that she becomes the goblin faction leader full time later on.

http://wiki.nihilum.eu/index.php?tit...=Starting_Area
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGmLtrvQfOY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2BC2DW9MxQ
    thanks will, solid info. I'll add these and put description for the worgen ones tomorrow when I get back from boston.

edit: added

To the Op, Goblins are getting a floating town on the water in Azshara that will connect to the back of Orgrimmar as far as I know.

15+ Year Old Account

both models are a bit ugly if you ask me...worgens dont look ferocious anymore...they look more ... "cute" i guess blizzard cant give alliance any serious race.

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker
    both models are a bit ugly if you ask me...worgens dont look ferocious anymore...they look more ... "cute" i guess blizzard cant give alliance any serious race.
    http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/..._to_attack.jpg Says otherwise

I'll give you goblins, but they're going back to what the blood elves defied, fierce and (fairly) ugly looking creatures seeking survival
    How much bone could a bonestorm storm if a bonestorm could BOOOOOOOOONESTOOOOOOOOOOOORM!!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/character-bios/'almega'-nara-draconus/ - my RP character

15+ Year Old Account

I'll give you goblins, but they're going back to what the blood elves defied, fierce and (fairly) ugly looking creatures seeking survival
    still they dont look as muscular and fierce as the worgen in duskwood...or the ones in northrend, that doesn't stop me from making one thou...

While I do like the design of the PC worgen, you do have to admit that they softened the fierceness of the ones you see in Silverpine, Duskwood, and even the newer models in the Grizzly Hills. The Dragonball Z haircuts certainly do not help either.

Quote Originally Posted by ketzil
    What will most likely be the Worgen flag:

Sadly, no word yet on what the Goblin flag will look like.
    so i guess worgans are Diablo 3 fans LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Aldarc
    While I do like the design of the PC worgen, you do have to admit that they softened the fierceness of the ones you see in Silverpine, Duskwood, and even the newer models in the Grizzly Hills. The Dragonball Z haircuts certainly do not help either.
    I honestly think that's only due to how blizzard is handling the textures for fur now, it actually looks more like fur instead of a colored jumpsuit like the old cat druids used to have

As well, they're shinier and newer than the models for the old races and old worgen in particular

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ketzil
    Goblins

Maturity Age: 20

Worgen

Maturity Age: 16
    I don't see how these are relevent, or even facts...