Unholy Infusion Quest for Shadowmourne

Hey everyone! So i just got the quest for the unholy infusion and I was wondering if any warriors, paladins or Death-Knights have completed this quest and can offer any tips as to how to complete it. My thoughts on it have been either to get targeted by the Volatile Ooze aka the green ooze and absorb its AOE knockback and live. Or become the abomination and eat up the slime on the ground. Any tips?

Re: Unholy Infusion Quest for Shadowmourne

If I'm not mistaken, to complete it, you become an Abomination and use a 4-second cast 100-energy ability that buffs you for 6 minutes which exists solely for the purpose of completing the quest. Then you've gotta kill Putricide with the buff still up. I'm not 100% sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost
    If I'm not mistaken, to complete it, you become an Abomination and use a 4-second cast ability it has that exists solely for the purpose of completing the quest. I'm not 100% sure though.
    Correct you have to use the ability as the abom, then kill him within 6 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost
    If I'm not mistaken, to complete it, you become an Abomination and use a 4-second cast 100-energy ability that buffs you for 6 minutes which exists solely for the purpose of completing the quest. Then you've gotta kill Putricide with the buff still up. I'm not 100% sure though.
    You're close enough to correct

Word from our fury warrior who got this done was that the Shadow's Edge weilder has to be the Abom driver. When you fill your slime energy bar or whatev its called, you gain an ability on your vehicle bar that will infuse the axe with the slime. It's a 6 minute buff and Putricide must be killed before it wears off.. His advice was to use the ability around 40% or so when there are no adds up that need to be slowed or puddles that need to be controlled b/c it has a 4-5 sec cast time as well. So, ideally, youre using it as close to the end of the fight as possible so you can be sure to have the buff when you kill the boss

Thanks dudes.

for anyone who has done this, is it possible to have a tank use the abom until 40 percent then swap out for the person doing the quest to infuse themselves? my tank set is not good enough to be one of the tanks taking blows for putricide so i see this as a potential problem

ive heard about people that have just had the person on the quest whos a dps drive the abom the whole time with the 2-3 tanks dpsing putricide, but thats gotta be a steep dps curve for most guilds right? any chance of any parses of kills or feedback
    rank 1 dk
    find me on vindicatum.com