Poll: So what is worse in a PuG in your opinion?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: What's worse in a PuG

GS in heroics doesn't matter. If you're level 80 you're ready for it. I also don't mind clueless dpsers as long as they listen, had a warlock the other day with defense rings and AP staff, I did 50% of the party damage that run on my warr... Didn't mind it too much though, was a bit slow but that's it.

On the other hand healers that pull and crap get on my nerves so I voted for this.

As for bad tanks, I'm mostly tanking so don't have to put up with them

Quote Originally Posted by levitate
    I don't mind people being slow, bad or stupid. But it's when they combine that trait with being ignorant that I start to get pissed off.

If I suggest something or tell them something that should be obvious to anyone else, and they disregard that with some lame "stfu" comment and continue with their badness, I simply vote to kick them out of my group and/or put them on my ignore list.

Life is too short and too precious to have to deal with ignorant bastards. I have enough of them in RL. Don't have to put up with it in a computer game.
    Ignorant really isn't the problem. Unwilling to learn is the problem. Being ignorant is fine as long as they are willing to learn.

I play a tank and I'd happily take a group of undergeared players through a heroic every time versus a geared dps that either couldn't do more than 2k dps, or was pulling mobs ahead of me. I took a 4 month break from the game and came back as a casual to gear up with badges and have done that, so I can appreciate someone jumping into a heroic with a 3k gear score and being worried about their dps. I tell them not to worry about it and we run the instance. Where I get annoyed is when I see a rogue in a 4800gs doing 1200 dps and refusing to kick packs with multiple casters. That pisses me off.

I'll taunt anything back off anyone who pulls aggro off me by accident, or if it was my fault. I won't taunt off a dps pulling mobs ahead of me. Simple courtesy really. If you expect me to tank it and not roll on dps gear (which is all I need out of the 5 man icc heroics now) then let me tank. I will only stop if someone requests it, and I would prefer myself that it not take any longer than it has to. If this is still too slow for you, then you can tank it in your dps gear.

Simply put, there are good players and bad players, kind players and rude players. Quite frequently for the latter choices, one will turn from one type to the other based on the interaction with other group members. Just go into it with an open mind and treat people like you want to be treated. If we did this more often we'd end up with less of these stupid threads. If people are friendly and pay attention I could care less what amount of damage they're doing or if it takes us a few minutes longer to complete it. If you're rude to me I will make one polite request for things to stop, if not, I'll treat you exactly the same way.

Don't be a dick unless you can handle it back. That's all.

This is a silly thread..

Tanks that have to much downtime between pulls, or don't pull more than single add/pack--seriously, you can grab 2 groups..

lol you sound like you your self are dps? with crap gear? that gets kicked alot but "learns fast" so your trying to get your jollys off over bad dps with good gear?

A moron is a moron, regardless of the role. I've run into them all save the tank, since that's my job. They all piss me off equally.

By the way, jestible, what the hell is that thing in your avatar?

i was looking forword voting for ''any whiner who makes a thread about it'' but the option is not displayed O.o most likely a bug.

What about the option for "overgeared players trying to measure e-peen in heroics doing 10k"?

Seems when I'm on my DK and the group looks a little sketchy (newish healer, one or two low DPS) and I decide to mark targets, the one guy (which alot of times are locks and hunters) want to blow up the non-skull target.
    Mind you, they begin blowing up before I have a chance to touch the damned mobs.

At first, I would switch targets and taunt, maybe lay a Rune Strike on them.
    Now, I just let them have at it.
    If they die, oh well.

My main is a hunter and it saddens me that there are so many out there that are too stupid to attack the correct target, give tanks more than 1 GCD, or, heaven forbid, MD or FD when they pull aggro.

I'm confused by this:
    "DPSer that does low DPS but learns quick and knows his/her class, and doesn't die to stupid crap."
    How would a low, but smart DPS be worse than a dumb person, or someone likely to die?
    That poll option seems like a positive answer to me, why is it presented as a negative one?

Any idiot, no matter their role. Especially an idiot tank or healer who forces me to take over the role in the wrong spec and gear just so we can finish the run because Prot Warrior Steve wants to level his polearm skill or Holy Priest Jake wants to see how high his DPS is as Holy.
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

Idiots, like a lame BM Huntard that "forgot his pet" and did 400 DPS.

DPSer that does low DPS but learns quick and knows his/her class, and doesn't die to stupid crap.

How is this negative?

Rogues who rupture are terribad.
    Charak - Blade's Edge - Raider - Season 4 Gladiator (Retired Rogue PvPer)
    Subscribe to my current youtube channel for current raid videos.
    www.youtube.com/maxwilso

Quote Originally Posted by Furcea
    DPSer that does low DPS but learns quick and knows his/her class, and doesn't die to stupid crap.

How is this negative?
    I put it up there for sarcasm and wanted to see how many smart asses are on these forums.

10+ Year Old Account

Either tanks that are way too slow at pulling (everyone ready waiting infront of a trash pack for 1 min +, like come on)

Or

A tank that pulls loads of mobs really fast and can't hold aggro for shit (If you're going to be a smart ass pro, at least keep the mobs on you)

People that speak in their native language and refuse to talk in english when asked too..

also people from crushridge, if I get several people from that server I leave at once, I have only meet like 3 people from there that could speak english and play their class, and tbh cba to take the chance with them anymore. if you feel I'm stepping on yoru thoes here, well bad for you, the server your play on is filled with retarded people that can't understand a word english and can't play their class.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

I went with the chain-pulling, non-threatening tank. In some cases (the ICC Heroics) I need to focus down stuff. Fair enough if the tank loses aggro to me once because he has three other mobs to hold aggro on. But really, it's not that hard to simply taunt it back.

Going to vote for the 'any idiot' role. A group is about working together in a team, so if one person fails their role then they're letting the team down. I don't mind someone making a geniune mistake though - we all do them at some point - but I'm sick to death of simple things like suffering a wipe due to the tank not waiting for the healer to regain manner, or a overcompetant DPS rushing ahead and pulling something before the tank is ready.
    The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny.
    - A.J. Durai

Zaelthon is the Zevran of WoW

n00b DK DW tank who cant hold agro off my DK who has subversion, who doesnt bother getting out of slime puddles, who wasnt aware of how to use dnd, who doesnt bother telling the group he stops in the middle of the hallway leading to Tyrannus because he cant tank the mobs in the middle

i think i have met the worst tank ever

Absolute worse pug I've seen was a fury warrior in a Halls of Reflection group before they upped the GS requirement. He was using 2 1h axes (he even had the TG talent) and would constantly break the priest's shackle undead. At the end he ninja'd the Frozen Orb as well as the Mp5 ring from a caster who could have used it.

You should add "Idiot who has no idea what they're doing AND is a complete dbag" to the list.