Deleted

I was looking at useful macros...

...for mages on WoWwiki.

And under PvP mage macros I find this:

"Air Combat

#showtooltip
    /dismount
    /cast Frost Nova

This macro is useful for getting easy kills on classes without a Slow Fall. Simply fly up to the enemy player, use this macro, and Slow Fall before you hit the ground. You can put this on your bar in place of regular Frost Nova."

I'm not sure I get it... it is for 3.1 so it might not work as intended... so is/was this supposed to dismount other players? Can't this (when you're a mage) only be done with Blast Wave or ?? ???

Re: I was looking at useful macros...

Haven't tried it myself ever but i imagine. You fly next to them and cast this. This macro will dismount you and cast frost nova in the air. I guess (not sure) frost nova hitting them will dismount them and than you cast slowfall and watch them fall to the ground and die.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by thegipper
    Haven't tried it myself ever but i imagine. You fly next to them and cast this. This macro will dismount you and cast frost nova in the air. I guess (not sure) frost nova hitting them will dismount them and than you cast slowfall and watch them fall to the ground and die.
    It does not.

It is simply you dismounting and casting a frost nova in the air which does damage to the enemy, but will not dismount them. It never has, and never will.

It's just useless really.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Fujiama
    It does not.

It is simply you dismounting and casting a frost nova in the air which does damage to the enemy, but will not dismount them. It never has, and never will.

It's just useless really.
    Yeah, that's more or less what I thought... If it was Blast Wave (if that still works) instead of Frost Nova, then I got the macro... This just seems silly though.

10+ Year Old Account

I curse blizzard for not letting PoM-Poly work for this purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna
    I curse blizzard for not letting PoM-Poly work for this purpose.
    Me too...

I still enjoy deathknight double teams though. Some fag flying above you taunting you, DG->sheep->loldead.

Quote Originally Posted by jacklindr
    Yeah, that's more or less what I thought... If it was Blast Wave (if that still works) instead of Frost Nova, then I got the macro... This just seems silly though.
    Blast wave got "nerfed" with other push backs last patch. No longer dismounts flying players, just pushes them back a bit.