Tier Bonus questions, need some input.

Right now my gear is...

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cil&cn=Kamahll

Wondering if I should get the T10 gloves first, so I can keep my T9 2set... Or get the T10 helmet first, and forget about T9 2set and work on building T10 4set in the future.

I'm sure several hunters are dreading losing their T9 2set... so I need some input.

Thanks.

Re: Tier Bonus questions, need some input.

It might be a no-shit thing; to get gloves or not, but just wanted input :3

Deleted

Personally I'm gonna keep 2 piece T9 and get 2 piece T10 aswell, then replace my 2xT9's when and only when I get the 4 piece T10 bonus. So basically keeping my T9 2 set bonus for aslong as possible and only removing it when I get 4 pieces of T10.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftfeet
    Personally I'm gonna keep 2 piece T9 and get 2 piece T10 aswell, then replace my 2xT9's when and only when I get the 4 piece T10 bonus. So basically keeping my T9 2 set bonus for aslong as possible and only removing it when I get 4 pieces of T10.
    Kinda leaning that way; mainly wanted to get helm first because when I get belt from 10 man, I'd be way over hit cap with those gloves, and also Helm doesn't drop in VoA, so it would be an instant upgrade I wouldn't have to see dropping in VoA one day.

Quote Originally Posted by hakai
    Kinda leaning that way; mainly wanted to get helm first because when I get belt from 10 man, I'd be way over hit cap with those gloves, and also Helm doesn't drop in VoA, so it would be an instant upgrade I wouldn't have to see dropping in VoA one day.
    Go Head/Legs t9 and Shoulders/Chest t10 until you can get Head/Shoulders/Chest/Gloves t10, after which you will use the Lady Deathwhisper legs for offset.

Quote Originally Posted by Infs
    Go Head/Legs t9 and Shoulders/Chest t10 until you can get Head/Shoulders/Chest/Gloves t10, after which you will use the Lady Deathwhisper legs for offset.
    For absolutely optimal DPS, this is correct, although I've noticed myself that going to 4pc T10 is not actually worth breaking the 2pc T9 until all the T10 is at the 264 version or better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sartuk
    For absolutely optimal DPS, this is correct, although I've noticed myself that going to 4pc T10 is not actually worth breaking the 2pc T9 until all the T10 is at the 264 version or better.

Yeah I've gotten to the same conclusion too. Right now I'm using the Lady Deathwhisper legs, until i can get enough badges for Logsplitters

Yea could be the case, especially if you have 258 versions of t9.

According to Femaledwarf.com for my character at his current gear level 4pc T10 does not beat 2pc t9 (helm and legs 245) 2pc T10 until one of the pieces of T10 have been upgraded once to the non-heroic sanctified version.

Quote Originally Posted by Threndsa
    According to Femaledwarf.com for my character at his current gear level 4pc T10 does not beat 2pc t9 (helm and legs 245) 2pc T10 until one of the pieces of T10 have been upgraded once to the non-heroic sanctified version.
    That's quite possible. I recall seeing, for me, that it would take all four T10 to be 264 (or better) before it overtook the T9/T10 2pc combo, but obviously this could change depending on anyone's situation.

I should note also that I have the T9 258 Helm, so that is going to make it harder for the T10 4pc to overtake my setup as well. If I get the 258 T9 legs, well, I might be waiting until I can get a 277 T10 before I make the switch (which is sad, because that means I wont be using the Deathwhisper legs for quite some time, and I already spent DKP on them).

I am glad other people are seeing the same (or at least very similar) spreadsheet results though...at least I know I'm not an aberration!

Quote Originally Posted by hakai
    Right now my gear is...

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cil&cn=Kamahll

Wondering if I should get the T10 gloves first, so I can keep my T9 2set... Or get the T10 helmet first, and forget about T9 2set and work on building T10 4set in the future.

I'm sure several hunters are dreading losing their T9 2set... so I need some input.

Thanks.
    I'm to lazy to check armory, but since you saying you want to keep the T9 2set bonus, arent there three available slots for T10? :P

Quote Originally Posted by M1kra
    I'm to lazy to check armory, but since you saying you want to keep the T9 2set bonus, arent there three available slots for T10? :P
    Yea but if your going for keeping the set bonuses, it would be better to have an item offset, like Logsplitters.