Thread: Gearing up

Gearing up

Hi all

What do you use when you are gearing up your characters??

Just wondering this because got my alts shaman dinging 80 soon and no idee where to start.

Main shaman: Shaman Alt Paladin: Paladin
    Alt lvl 73 mage: Mage Alt lvl 70 Death knight: Death Knight
    Random dungeon project: Druid Battleground project: Rogue
    Worgen project: Warlock Future alt: Hunter

Re: Gearing up

Random LFG as DPS, build up a DPS set, and if you have an eye on another role your class can perform (healing or tanking) ask if it's alright if you get any tank or healer loot the tank or healer don't need. Once you're geared enough you can start doing random heroics, it'll only queue you for a heroic you're geared for.
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

If your at 2K+ Dps jsut run the new 5 mans on regular until your decked out in 219 gear, you get badges too, then you can move on to random heroics for the T9 upgrades

Just do random Heroics, constantly, generally speaking if you're in poor gear you'll be grouped with people in superior gear and although they may not be too happy 'boosting' you, you'll rarely get kicked or anything. This is if you're a DPS, if you're intending to be a healer I'd recommend swapping to DPS, doing the Heroics, building up badges and then getting the resto set. A crap geared healer means trouble for the group whereas a DPS may not.

So you guys dont use any kind of site or program to determen where you go first and which emblem gear you buy first?
    Main shaman: Shaman Alt Paladin: Paladin
    Alt lvl 73 mage: Mage Alt lvl 70 Death knight: Death Knight
    Random dungeon project: Druid Battleground project: Rogue
    Worgen project: Warlock Future alt: Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Annaconda
    So you guys dont use any kind of site or program to determen where you go first and which emblem gear you buy first?
    3 new 5 mans literally have almost a piece of gear for ever spec/slot.

There's no site that will tell you exactly what to do/where to go next. Instead, spend some time on wowhead.com Once you learn your way around it's filtering/sorting capabilities it becomes a powerful tool for figuring out your next upgrade. You can even apply spec-tailored stat weights when viewing items. For me it's a one-stop shop resource for gear.

Use the Patch panels on the left side of your screen on this site....check the loot tables, list by mail. Find the items you want on normal difficulty in ICC and TOC.

Go and farm them...once ur putting out decent dps or your able to heal without taxing ur mana, run random heroics and pick up badge gear to fill any holes from non drops in the reg icc/toc runs.

That's what I did on my prot pally to get def capped and build my health. If you're only planning on dps'n then just go right into heroics, you won't be the only guy in half greens getting carried through...as long as you'r making an effort most guys won't kick you...although many will get their shots in...

1.Make 80
    2. Buy crafted bracers and if you money for the chest then buy it too. Look for cheap blue/epic items, like darkmoon card: illusion.
    3. Queque as healer if you leveling in ele, else queue as dps.
    4. get gear

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster
    1.Make 80
    2. Buy crafted bracers and if you money for the chest then buy it too. Look for cheap blue/epic items, like darkmoon card: illusion.
    3. Queque as healer if you leveling in ele, else queue as dps.
    4. get gear
    #3: no!

If you're not specced for a role don't do it. Especially when you are gearing up. Aka ding 80 from 79 means you have scrub gear and probably wouldn't even be pulling 2k dps.
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Hi all

What do you use when you are gearing up your characters??

Just wondering this because got my alts shaman dinging 80 soon and no idee where to start.
    No formula or add on just check here or wowhead or thottbot or where ever and look for quests in the late 70's 80's that you can do to improve your gear while you wait in queues. Check the AH for inexpensive blue pieces that would be good for you.

As a shaman I would definitely work on a resto set even if it is just going to be an off set. Once you have mostly iLevel 200 caster gear, even if it is mostly blues, you should good enough for healing heroics and will get a queue much faster. Spend a few badges at first improving your resto gear so you can heal easier and then you can start spending badges on elemental or enhance gear.