[Enh] Help my single target DPS please

I've been reading these forums for some time now, this is my first time posting however. After using both Rawr and EnhSim many many times to try to work my gear/rotation out I can't seem to find where I'm losing out some of my dps. According to my enhsim I should be doing 8210 dps, and for some reason I'm not even close to that. I use SAA and pay very close attention to rotation.
    Here are 2 recent World of Logs:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/x...um/damageDone/ 12/30
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...um/damageDone/ 01/03

Trash AoE dps is usually about 9k-11k which doesn't matter since its trash. I just can't get over the 5k-5.3k hump on single targets for anything.

Armory link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...r&cn=Ziluzzinn

Any help would be great, and if I need to post more info. please let me know.

Thanks

Re: [Enh] Help my single target DPS please

very similar issue accept enhsim says 7.5k and i struggle to break 6.3 most fights

By Resentful.

15+ Year Old Account

SAA isn't ultimate tool you should follow. Yes it's good for starters and getting used to rotations of enh shaman but after you are familiar with stuff you should drop using it. With one glance I know what skills I have to use next and I can even predict 2 skills forward from timers and MSW stacks what to use in the future. Button pressing of my shaman's skills is in my muscle memory so to say. Anyways point of my rambling and bragging of my personal skills is that enh shaman is that much complicated class that you need quite a lot experience to pull full potency of the spec out. And my comments about SAA's next skill to use tool are only personal opinion about addons that tell what to press next. Imho human decision made by experienced mind always beats one made by computer.

For reference my armory http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...rest&n=Drifted

Can't see any flaws in your gemming. I take that 31 expertise is 26 for the offhand because racial. Otherwise it's the same as me except the difference I'm gemming pure haste and using AP & haste only for red sockets. Following (at least trying) next prio

Feral Spirit
    Shamanistic Rage
    MSW 5 (CL or LB depending)
    Flame Shock if DOT is not present
    ES if there's SS debuff
    SS
    ES
    Lava Lash
    Magma if it's around 5s left
    Fire Nova
    Magma
    Lightning Shield

Pretty guide book order but it does the job. Also I do quite a lot fuck ups still especially with prioing stuff like LS and Magma too high. With that gear (258//251 weapons as I got Black Bruise later on that run) I was doing 9.5k DPS at Saurfang while tunnel visioning the boss (for once we had proper ammount of ranged DPS with us). Now I don't know if it's any good or total crap in current gear I haveas I haven't been following WoL top DPS lists lately.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people

Fps and latency is a big factor that isnt considered by simulators, might be your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Larryg
    Fps and latency is a big factor that isnt considered by simulators, might be your answer.
    Latency (and reaction time) are both possible to add to the simulation so could be accounted for.

Both those logs contain big ups and downs in dps for everyone though, and noone seems to be doing a big chunk of dps in the raid. How is it on fights where you dont have to move around alot?
    "It's a hard climb up
    and an easy fall back down
    WF is sex leg" - Shockrates on Enhancement PvP
    <3

Well my toughts of your Lord Marrowgar:
    1. What kind of tactic you use? Overal raid dps is really low...
    2. You had enough MW to hit LB 45 times, you used LB and CL 35 times. Are you using soundwarning? That helped me alot.
    3. Flame Shock was up only 2.5 mins. Fight duration is close to 6.5min. Thats one of the best spells we have in that fight since you need to move.
    4. Top 3 abilitys are from auto-attacks. You are leaving a lot of CD:s unused.

My advice:
    1. Stay in melee, at all costs. That whirlwind/bonestorm/whatever does minimal dmg.
    2. When it leaves you behind, FS. If for some reason you cant get in meleerange (it is huge btw) use shocks and cast LB.
    3. You can run over that ice-stuff, just do it quickly. Keeping SR up all the time in this fight is polite

In my guild i'm in top 3 every time we kill this, 8-9k dps. Usually i'm best melee, since we have soooo many ranged abilitys to use.

PS. You have 31 expertise in your mainhand.... drop it to 26. OH expertise is not so important.

I'll try to change a few things up. Ill drop some expertise which will give me a little haste in its place. I don't only use SAA as end all be all, i know the feel of whats coming up next to hit it early to try and take any latency issues out of my rotation. And my fps is about 40-50 in 25 man boss fights so I don't think that is the issue. So it has to be with my rotation somewhere.

ShockandAwe, addon = your answer

Quote Originally Posted by Vacant
    ShockandAwe, addon = your answer
    He said he uses it.

Don't listen to the nonsense about not using SAA. Fact is, we have a long, complicated rotation and no human is able to keep track of all that and everything else going on in a raid, anyone who says they can is probably not doing all that well on keeping up everything they should be.

Marrowgar stinks for meleers so use a fight like DBS instead. Make sure you add about 250 ms to whatever your network latency is when you run EnhSim, because that's the sort of lag human reactions have.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Nessota
    Well my toughts of your Lord Marrowgar:
    1. What kind of tactic you use? Overal raid dps is really low...
    2. You had enough MW to hit LB 45 times, you used LB and CL 35 times. Are you using soundwarning? That helped me alot.
    3. Flame Shock was up only 2.5 mins. Fight duration is close to 6.5min. Thats one of the best spells we have in that fight since you need to move.
    4. Top 3 abilitys are from auto-attacks. You are leaving a lot of CD:s unused.

My advice:
    1. Stay in melee, at all costs. That whirlwind/bonestorm/whatever does minimal dmg.
    2. When it leaves you behind, FS. If for some reason you cant get in meleerange (it is huge btw) use shocks and cast LB.
    3. You can run over that ice-stuff, just do it quickly. Keeping SR up all the time in this fight is polite

In my guild i'm in top 3 every time we kill this, 8-9k dps. Usually i'm best melee, since we have soooo many ranged abilitys to use.

PS. You have 31 expertise in your mainhand.... drop it to 26. OH expertise is not so important.
    Not to burst your little bubble there, but some guilds actually prepare for the hardmode where standing in the bonestorm for more than a few seconds will probably be fatal. I know it's easily healable for now and everything, but in the long run this is very very bad advice. Just goes to show that the rest of the melee in your guild actually use their brains and/or show some courtesy towards the healers.

So basically yes, Marrowgar is quite a bad fight for dps comparison, especially as a melee. Constant running around and switching targets. Though looking at the Deathbringer log it seems as though every single person's dps is quite a lot lower then it should be. Without getting into more detail about what priorities are you using and when are you using your cooldowns, the only advice I can give you for now is that you should put the 1 point from imp SS to shamantistic focus since it's more mana efficient. But that's just a minor change and shouldn't really effect dps in any way. Perhaps you checked a really important buff in enhsim that you didn't have in reality (kings, might/BS)?

Quote Originally Posted by Apra
    Don't listen to the nonsense about not using SAA. Fact is, we have a long, complicated rotation and no human is able to keep track of all that and everything else going on in a raid, anyone who says they can is probably not doing all that well on keeping up everything they should be.
    ^This. I don't care who you are SAA will help you with your dps regardless of how good you can claim yourself to be. It may not help on Saurfang or Festergut where we sit and dps our asses off, but movement heavy fights where you have to pay attention to encounter events you'll see a difference. Don't forget the fact that with gear changes and development changes our priority system changes as well, so it won't always be the same and not using SAA is just hurting yourself.

I'm looking at Saurfang:
    What value are you putting in for the length of the fight? I can tell you right now that I would do a lot less DPS is our raid DPS was 69k. Put in 6.25 minutes if you haven't and see what that gives you. As was mentioned before, make sure you don't have like 50ms for your latency. Try ~250 if you have 'normal' latency.

Well I put in 7 min for the fight length and I took out 2 buffs I might not get in our raid, but we usually try to get them all. I also fixxed my latency to 250. With that said my dps in enhsim went to 7.8k which is still a bit more than I do.
    We are raiding again tomorrow night, I'll post what I get on the fight.

You also need to take into account your active time (a.k.a. time on boss vs. running/away). This is obviously going to vary the dps you actually do.

Thats true too, I do 5k dps on heroic dummys popping everything but fire elem totem and without casting any fire novas. I guess i get caught up in the fights too. I always top interupts and have high dispell rates

While it is also your job to interrupt and dispel as a shaman, Marrowgar and Saurfang are not examples of such fights.

All i can say about sims is don't take the numbers as it says 7.5k that's what i should be doing, you will mostly likely always do below that number due to the simple fact we are not computers and are not perfect in hitting everything at the exact moments. It does in fact show you your best way to output damage and is a very good tool to use to help you improve your dps.