Page 1 of 2
LastLast

People botting in heroics now?

I have had multiple instances where i tank and there are dps in pretty decent gear like ilvl 220 or so average doing 1200 dps with auto attack with 1 ability or 1 or 2 spells as their only attacks.

These people also never respond in party as to why they are doing such low dps. Just wondering if anyone else feels like thier is botting going on for the massive amounts of badges you can get now.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: People botting in heroics now?

I have also seen this.

Had a hunter do crap DPS in VH and he would never respond or assist the lock to summ the demon you need 5 people to summ. In the end, we vote kicked him after talking about it for 5 minutes.

So yeah. Pretty sure he was botting...
    Summergale 85 Paladin - Holy/Prot dual specced.
    The Insane Progress:
    Steamweedle: Exalted (done: 999/1000)
    Bloodsail: Honored (done: 1618/12000)
    Darkmoon: Friendly (in progress: 275/6000)
    Ravenholdt: Revered (in progres: 4000/21000)

Are you talking about botting as running an auto program that plays for them or running multiple accounts at once? Usually if its someone with 2-3 accounts their DPS should be good because with keyclone the slave accounts will cast everything as the main. So if the main does 4k DPS the other 2 dummy characters should also do 4k DPS.

Report them?
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

I had a hunter who just volley'd and melee'd. He could have been botting. On the other hand he had expertise gems socketed, so he could have just been terribad.

Arguably bots have passed the wow turing test, because we can no longer tell them from bad human players.

Quote Originally Posted by mgp4ever30
    Are you talking about botting as running an auto program that plays for them or running multiple accounts at once? Usually if its someone with 2-3 accounts their DPS should be good because with keyclone the slave accounts will cast everything as the main. So if the main does 4k DPS the other 2 dummy characters should also do 4k DPS.
    Botting is a program playing for them, the multiple people situation is called multiboxing..

I can say I have seen a bot in a Black Temple PuG a few months ago. Had a few white level gear items, and would put people on follow. We found out about him, and decided to toy with the Bot. We would guide him into a wall, or off a small ledge, and he would get stuck there for 5 mins, do some weird backtrack thing, get back on a main road, and then follow a obviously prelaid path until he cought up with us and put us back on follow.

While I have never seen them in LFG, I know they exists.

I'm pretty sure they do, because I've come across multiple people doing 600dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    I can say I have seen a bot in a Black Temple PuG a few months ago. Had a few white level gear items, and would put people on follow. We found out about him, and decided to toy with the Bot. We would guide him into a wall, or off a small ledge, and he would get stuck there for 5 mins, do some weird backtrack thing, get back on a main road, and then follow a obviously prelaid path until he cought up with us and put us back on follow.

I see these bots in BGs a lot lately.

Yes there are bots in heroics, as in bg's.

The best well "programmed" bot I've seen is by a guy named clothkiller (orc hunter lv80)

he will stand 5-10y from you at all times
    he attacks what you attack (spams explosive shot/send pet at target thats about it)
    feigns death on aggro when possible
    mounts same time you do
    will follow you off a cliff etc
    if you die, he will stand in 1 spot till another person gets close -> follows them everywhere
    bandages on low hp (right when he hits 20%)
    res pet if it dies

Something like that can go into a heroics and do "decent" dps and still follow you through the entire run, although I'm not sure what it will do when you wipe... maybe it'll get lost outside or wait for a res.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by gulkeeva
    although I'm not sure what it will do when you wipe... maybe it'll get lost outside or wait for a res.
    that made me laugh cause it's so true.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Botting is a program playing for them, the multiple people situation is called multiboxing..
    I guess different games have different terms. When I played everquest I had a 2nd account with a cleric on it who did nothing but rez and buff me and never left the guild hall. I considered him my bot.

I agree, low dps = bot!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mgp4ever30
    Multiboxing isn't botting by any definition supported by Blizz, so it's safe to assume the OP is talking about an automated program.

Also, you can spot a poorly-written bot because sometimes they'll /s complete gibberish like $r%5da (I once had a random with a warlock who would randomly spout gibberish like that, always seemed to target the closest mob regardless if the tank had aggro or not, and spammed Immo, Corrupt, and Curse of Weakness).
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

Ive tanked UK an hour ago, finding a hunter that doesnt respond, only steady shots and volleys on 2+ mobs (even bosses).

I just ignore him and just get my frost emblems... the only thing I care about is the healer keepin me up :P

Theres a 'Holy' paladin in our battlegroup that seems to follow Horde players, then run up to the nearest enemy and start melee'ing. As far as I could tell, he was just Judging and autoattacking only. He'll Holy Light when he reaches ~50% health and thats it. I can let him wail on me whilst nuking one of his team mates and it doesn't seem to react.
    I can't make up my mind whether he's an extremely fail human or moderately fail bot...

That said, I haven't encountered anyone like that in dungeons. Either I accidentally ignore any bots we come across (when I'm tanking I don't bother checking DPS unless something goes wrong, etc) or they're programmed well enough to pass off as real players.

The time has come, machines are taking over. Where the hell is Deckard? There are some replicants to kill!

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni

lol?

Nah it def just a lazy dps person possibly duel boxing 2 accounts or hes watching tv or something. Cause its actually impossible to boss instances. Since instances use a random ID everytime you enter its not possible to make a profile where to go, because bots use x,y coords to run to the spot and attack

Quote Originally Posted by XxSaiyenxX
    Nah it def just a lazy dps person possibly duel boxing 2 accounts or hes watching tv or something. Cause its actually impossible to boss instances. Since instances use a random ID everytime you enter its not possible to make a profile where to go, because bots use x,y coords to run to the spot and attack
    You really underestimate how good some bots are.