Page 1 of 3
LastLast

top 3 fail moments at level 80

discuss
    also heres my 3 own
    1. thursday running up as random heroic at last boss and my group noticed the hunter well in epic gear was doing 700 dps we ask him why his dps is at that number. his responce "well i was board and didnt want to half to bite repair bill so i never used any abilitys or pets so i decided to hop on the train and play you for chumps" so we booted him from group
    2. a run of regular forge of souls with tank at 24k hp and dps all under 1k dps
    3. thiddus and a player deciding to go right under him then go afk

Re: top 3 fail moments at level 80

I guess I'll embarrass myself

1) Back when I did ICC first time with my guild I ended up taking second in threat over the offtank on Saurfang when the tanks were switching off. RL told me to Salv myself. I am ashamed to admit that I had no idea what Salv was. I got the idea and bubbled/cancel bubble to remove my threat, and the guild never knew any better but it was still embarrassing for me.

2) Having to ret tank heroics because the tanks with 20K hp and not defense capped die too fast(This happens way more often then it should)

3) Not knowing what Salv was counts for at least two fail moments
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

10+ Year Old Account

1. Clicking this post
    2. Reading it.
    3. Realizing you couldn't come up with a third fail moment yourself.
    Vol'jin fanboy

Raiding without weapon envies before I made a powraura. Enh shaman.

Not having my meta active in togc. Ret.

Killingyself in one judgment of blood on maly. But that one was hilarious.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

1. Entering ToC, running towards my guildies. hearing screaming on vent. Realizing I am running towards the Horde Faction Champions, causing a wipe. Alot of good banter and laughing afterwards tho.

2. Thinking on my priest that when I shielded myself, weakened soul was a very bad sounding side effect, so I never used it while levelling. (Until someone explained to me it was not bad, was my 1st character ever)

3. Failing constantly at MD'ing the tank, and then trying to cover it up cleverly.

Quote Originally Posted by warlocked
    discuss
    also heres my 3 own
    1. thursday running up as random heroic at last boss and my group noticed the hunter well in epic gear was doing 700 dps we ask him why his dps is at that number. his responce "well i was board and didnt want to half to bite repair bill so i never used any abilitys or pets so i decided to hop on the train and play you for chumps" so we booted him from group
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam
    3. Realizing you couldn't come up with a third fail moment yourself.
    Huh?

OT:
    1. In a H Nexus pug, 2 people jumped off of the Anomalus platform. I laughed at them, then ran off myself.
    2. DPSing Anub'Arak in H AN too hard and glitching the fight, cause him to never emerge from the ground.
    3. Wiping on XT when Ulduar 25 first came out, then seeing a raid healer get a Bejeweled addon achievement in G chat 5 seconds later.

1. We were doing Sarth 3d long ago..
    A guildie told in /s: "5g to the guy who runs into a tornado". I started to run for a tornado dunno what would happen. 3 secs before I ran into it I heard on vent from the RL: oh my god...
    I jumped into the tornado and woops I started to fly. I used disengage and fiegn death. Everyone died exept me as I had Feign Death

2. Jumping down from Dalaran with my Kodo thinking it was a flying mount. Then I realised I was tierd. It was 03.00 and I should get to school next day, lovely.

3. Casting MD on my CL as a joke, and then missclicks the boss and pulls...
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

1. (on my warrior) I got called by a guildie to do a 25 VoA in 3.1 I just was dpsing a heroic. I went in and forgot to switch my spec before I pulled emalon. I decided to make the most of it and Bladestorm.

2. (once again on my warrior) This is just me not paying attention and in heroics I always seem to do the first trash pull in battle stance and wonder why I can't use shield block

3. (On my DK) I had just respec'd tank and decided to do a heroic (Post 3.3 I had about 29k unbuffed) I forgot to get glyphs before I went in. I lost aggro everywhere as frost. (Glyph of Howling Blast was a godsend when I got it)
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

10+ Year Old Account

1) Tanking sarth and jumping into a tornado.
    2) When WOTLK first released I wanted to know if you could fall off the platforms in nexus.. apparently you can.
    3) Recently, tanking the entire ToC Twin Valkyr's fight in my boomkin offspec gear.

Quote Originally Posted by warlocked
    discuss
    also heres my 3 own

I graduated from a university and I cannot decipher any of what you wrote. It's like your own form of gibberish? I've never read such broken English in my life.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hairyzac

You have to be a troll. I graduated from a university and I cannot decipher any of what you wrote. It's like your own form of gibberish? I've never read such broken English in my life.
    1) Talking about a H UP run, and a failhuntard
    2) Self explanatory.
    3) Player went AFK on thaddius.
    (At least what I got from it.)

I doubt you graduated from something as close to a university and couldn't spend the time to figure it out yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairyzac

I graduated from a university and I cannot decipher any of what you wrote. It's like your own form of gibberish? I've never read such broken English in my life.
    Damn Krayzz beat me to it, i too sincerely doubt you have graduated uni if you are unable to understand that, sure it wasnt perfect but quite easily understood if you took the time to to try instead of being a mighty jerk

cant come up with 3 off the top of my head BUT my one and biggest:
    Had hit 80 for a little while and our guild was doing OS10, went to the stone with one other guildmate and he was going to be my clicker. So i summoned everyone in my party then stood waiting for him to summon his party...a few seconds passed and he whispered me asking why i stopped. i said "i cant summon from your party"
    I didnt know you could drag party frame out of the raid UI :-[
    EDIT THOUGHT OF ANOTHER ONE

respecced shadow on my priest, had been holy mostly through 75-80 just healing so i went back to the trainer to learn my shadow spells (never bothered as i want using them)....and fuck me dead if i hadnt learned max rank of flash heal, PRoH, PRoM, and basically evrythin i was using at the time.

and only a short time ago i was in a raid on my ele sham, i was raiding <something, cant remember> and got a whisper from someones rankwatch mod "You are not using the top rank flametongue enchant.... /embarrass

1. Walking into Mimiron because I thought he had to be shot to start the event and didn't know he had a aggro radius too.

2. Not figuring out the Chain Eagle Eye macro earlier.

3. Not really a fail on my part. Getting told by my elitist guild leader that I had to ditch my Pink Flamingo and tame a wolf for "Max DPS". I didn't of coarse, because I play with the pet I like, and not the pet that gives a extra 15 DPS. She found out next raid, nerd raged and guild kicked me (guild disbanded a week later).

1. This is a lvl 70 one, but it's a goodie - our druid offtank on Gruul was tanking with Blessing of Salvation on (-30% threat to those that don't know). He still managed to do pretty good threat though
    2. 99% of the DK population
    3. Assuming 25mans would be harder than 10mans at the release of WoTLK.
    http://files.me.com/sureshk/j0r7w6

10+ Year Old Account

1. Dw blood when I first hit 80.
    2. Autoran into champs on 25 togc. Cleared it the next shot (was our guild's first clear)

1. Not having Mass Dispel on my first venture to Sunwell Plateau.
    2. Every single death I had while learning Archimonde (fall damage...).
    3. Last, but not least. The thing that will be never forgotten either by my guild and myself. Thanks to that, my 'Immortal Hate Week' hasn't ended yet. I've died to Sapphiron ICE BOMB in an Immortal run, thanks to my Iron Dwarf Costume. I was too fat to be behind an Iceblock and so I died.

1. I died on thaddius trash thanks to healers thinking you had to be next to the boss in order to get something Master looted to you. Then, the tank, my RL friend, starts to rez me. As soon as he sees that I accepted the rez he throws an avengers shield at a stitched colossus who then stomps for about 5k AoE damage; thus killing me yet again. I preceded to yell at him in vent about how he has this magical laser gun that wants to constantly shoot my wow wallet and poo in my cereal. I then started to compare him to a crooked IRS agent; he hasn't laughed that hard in wow since.

2. While DPSing Hodir I had to have all 5 paladins in the raid, including myself, cast Hand of Salvation on me several times because my threat was so high. After the fight was over I realized that Righteous fury on a ret paladins is FTW.

3. Seeing half my guild become enraged, disoriented, and then leave because someone kept muting them in vent over and over. They were all bad, and apparently really wanted to chat that evening.

Quote Originally Posted by abart
    1. Not having Mass Dispel on my first venture to Sunwell Plateau.
    2. Every single death I had while learning Archimonde (fall damage...).
    3. Last, but not least. The thing that will be never forgotten either by my guild and myself. Thanks to that, my 'Immortal Hate Week' hasn't ended yet. I've died to Sapphiron ICE BOMB in an Immortal run, thanks to my Iron Dwarf Costume. I was too fat to be behind an Iceblock and so I died.
    Learn archi at 80 did you?
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by abart
    Being an Iron Dwarf won't make you die at Sapph. Perhaps you just weren't used to the size, I play Tauren and I noticed (back when you actually needed gear from naxx) that Tauren gotta position themselves closer to the middle than Undead at least.

1: Mounting up on the skybreaker after picking up dailies, and jumping off, only to realize i was on my elek
    2: Autorun / alt+tab into professor Putricide wasting an attempt.
    3Iing the main tank in ToGC when the raid leader actually said Hero..... it was really late at night :/