Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Is it rude to ask the tank to speed it up?

Sum of the thread:

Politeness does wonders.
    Rudeness does not.

Just ask the guy to pick it up a bit, and then stroke his ego a little.

15+ Year Old Account

If the tank has 40k HP then yeah you can say like "you can pull more if it's ok with the healer" or something. If I'm healing I certainly don't have an issue saying "you can pull more dude I can handle the heals".

Just don't be obnoxious.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth
    >.> really? I ask tanks to take off gear. xD Healing heroics is boring when you're using to tanking high end raids. I forced the pally tank I did CoS with to take off his pants, gloves, waist, and wrist... I wanted him to take off his shield but he said no. D:
    yeah .. i can't belive it myself. I can't imagin why you don't want to rush your daily heroic in ~20 mins with an overgear Tank.
    But this happend twice to me, in the last few weeks.

The worst is when you ask a tank to speed up and they do by pulling 10 groups + boss.

Then say the group sucks and that you said to go faster.

That one is always good.

Blizzard tip: A little kindness goes a long way

Also, if only you could ask Arthas, Brann, and VH to speed it up

its not rude if he is going slow and you politely ask him to hurry things along.

it is rude if you keep badgering them into hurrying up and being ignorant
    Death Knight, Druid, Hunter, Mage, Paladin, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Warlock, Warriorbest thread ever
    [url=http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/*updated*icecrown-what-really-happened-spoilers-ahead-!/]http://www.mmo-c

Is it rude to ask the tank to speed it up?
    Depends on how you ask him.

/thread

I'm a tank myself, and I don't see myself as a slow tank or summit.. but in some occasions, I want to have control. So in situations which can result in a whipe if not dealed with properly(FoS 3caster group), I slow down and take the time to pick my strategie.

Also another frigging annoying thing is when DPS start spamming a target without letting you get aggro.. mobs all over the place, deaths because of a slacking healer etc etc.. and ofc they blame the tank. doesn't make me wanna speed up..

with the good group, I prefer speed runs ofc, but it does not only depends on tank

warrior tank btw, so not with the best AE of all tanking classes

Quote Originally Posted by mgp4ever30
    During some Heroics I swear the tank pulls at a rate we use to when they were first released, even when hes sitting at 40k+ health. Is it OK to ask him to speed it up? Im pretty sure a group in full T9 gear can handle more than 3 mobs at once.
    I have two tanks, a Paladin in full badge t9 and my DK who is in naxx25 tank gear. Its not a problem for some tanks/specs to speed up. Asking them in a polite tone should be no problem, if they do not feel comfortable with moving faster they will probably respond in kind.

I pull very quickly with my paladin because it is very easy to hold multi target aggro as a paladin, I pull slower on my DK because of gear and being blood spec (blood imo has bad AE threat but good survivability, my party dies because it is difficult to hold threat for me on multiple targets at once.)

when asked on my DK, I give them that reason and I just pull at a consistent speed instead of many at once. Perhaps offer that as a suggestion instead of pulling three mobs at once.

Wow, still a lot of people who doesn't understand how the queue system of random dungeons works. If a tank leave or ANYONE leave for that matter, it NEVER takes 15 minutes to find another player. If a tank leave a group, and someone queue back again, you are put in FRONT of the queue and it takes a matter of seconds to find another tank.

So yeah, when you leave a group, we find a faster tank in 30 seconds and finish the instance in 5 min while you start with another group for your 30 min run.

kthx.

10+ Year Old Account

It's not rude if you ask kindly... i think it's way ruder when he just pulls hard groups or bosses and the healer is 20% mana, wipe and kick the healer cuz he was bad.

no its not rude at all i was running a heroic earlier and the tank got to the second pull with the lfg finder thing already off its CD because he thought our healer needed to drink after every pull. our had pretty much 70% mana the entire time and never once drank. if ur tank is moving so slow you actually have time to make a snack then no its not rude.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Quote Originally Posted by mgp4ever30
    During some Heroics I swear the tank pulls at a rate we use to when they were first released, even when hes sitting at 40k+ health. Is it OK to ask him to speed it up? Im pretty sure a group in full T9 gear can handle more than 3 mobs at once.
    Ask politely and take a no as a no, then you should be more than fine.

As a Tank I have no problem going faster depending on the group but one thing that usually happens is I run ahead to start rounding things up and a healer throws a heal I don't need or a dps starts in while i am still gathering the groups and they pull aggro when this happens its a major pain in the ass and from then on for that run I pull one group at a time. DPS and Healers need to learn to hold off let the tank grab the world and hit a Consecrate THEN they can go nuts.

yea tanks pulling slow are annoying, when on my druid I just stay nightelf form and dps half the time... and I am still in blues.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

If you don't like it, you can always pull, go for it, its really fun!

10+ Year Old Account

It's not rude to ask a tank to speed it up. It all just depends on HOW you ask it.
    Some examples:
    RandomDps: GOGO faster tank!
    --> not good
    RandomDps2: Do you mind speeding it up abit? I feel you can take more mobs than this, and the healer could manage you getting beat up more.
    --> good

Also, if you see a tank in t9 with 36k UB, don't assume he's pro since t9 is considered wellfare now.
    I dinged my druid when 3.3 hit and I have 4 pieces for resto, 4 pieces for feral dps and 2 pieces for balance.
    Luckily for me I know how to play druid, and I don't suck with the gear :P

TL;DR: if you want them to go faster, ask them politely and nice, and else just be glad you have finaly found a tank as dps!
    Level 100 Blood Elf Paladin / Holy + Protection
    Anar'alah belore!
    Talvira, EU-Skullcrusher

No, it isn't rude to ask to go faster. If they refuse or don't answer i wil pull for them. On my shaman I'll wind shock the next grp if we are moving slow. Priest or lock I'll toss a dot out. And tanks can try to be babies and nit tank them if they want. I just tank them.

Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

i dont have a problem with someone saying to speed up, normally i go pretty fast anyway but if the healer seems to be running low on mana fast than i will wait because i actually watch the healers mana before i run to the next mob but if i know theres no problem with the healer i can clear most heroics in the 15mins or less np. fyi i dont really care much about dps mana, 3/4s of the time im doing more dps in randoms than the actually dps anyway so not having a dps at every mob doesnt bother me abit like some people may thing it would when a dps yells out need mana... lol i just continue on and think to myself Soooo get mana. and i do have both melee dps and ranged as well as tank and healer.

If a tank is going slow, doesn't matter what kinda healthpool he's sitting on, I'll tell him to "pull the room."

If he doesn't, I'll do it for him.
    A rich man once told me: "Hey life's a funny thing."
    A poor man once told me that he can't afford to speak...