Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: Is it rude to ask the tank to speed it up?

Around 15% handle the polite way:
    "mate, if you dont mind we could speed up a bit, we can handle it"

Rest 85% mostly use something like this:
    "GOGOGOG!!11oneeleven!! fkin$ nuub tank fukface u suk gogogGoogGGOo!!!"
    *while jumping around the walls pulling half the instance*
    An opinion is a subjective statement or thought about an issue or topic, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts. An opinion may be supported by an argument, although people may draw opposing opinions from the same set of facts. Opinions rarely change without new arguments being presented. However, it can be reasoned that one opinion is better supported by the facts than another by analysing the supporting arguments.

An opinion may be the result of a person's perspective, understanding, particular feelings, beliefs, and desires. In casual use, the term opinion may refer to unsubstantiated information, in contrast to knowledge and fact-based beliefs.

I'll pull faster if you let me pull faster. That means not dpsing or healing me while I round them up, hit my aoe abilities and settle them into lockdown. Yeah I can take the hits no I am not chasing them because you got trigger-happy.

As a DK tank sitting at 36k unbuffed - 38k ish in randoms due to 5% thingy, i dont care if i get asked to speed up i generally run pretty fast as it is but have an average speed for the first couple of pulls to determine how good the dps are, healers aren't really my concern as even a bad healer can keep me up and no1 else is getting hit so nothing else to concentrate on. if i kno the dps is all over 3k then i am gonna get faster and faster as we go as i find with my DK that i want all my procs up all the time so to get to the next lot of mobs before they drop is very helpfull not only to me but the rest of the group.

so the faster i go the safer i am!

But if your rude about it i will make sure you leave with a hefty repair bill, if you want to winge at a tank you can tank tbh, also you need to be tought a lesson in politeness, i often ask the healer not to res a jerk and make em run as usually the jerk has the lowest dps and we can easily 4 man the instance without him/her.

so to conclude 90% of the time Rudeness wont get you anything but a repair bill

I don't have any issue with speeding up the run if I'm tanking and asked politely. Gogogogogo is not asking politely. DPS or the healer pulling extra packs when we're already fighting something is not asking politely. The thing that makes it most frustrating is that it's usually done right at the beginning before they even see how quickly I pull. I don't waste time. I don't want to tank another heroic but I'm there for badges and I just want to get it done as well. Yesterday was a prime example of just how badly a group can annoy a tank. 5 heroics in a row. in 2 of them, the dps were pulling as I zoned in (guess their tank left earlier) In 2 others, the healer was pulling ahead of me, instead of healing me, while I'm burning cooldowns to stay alive due to lack of heals. In the last one, a shammy was using knockbacks every time I grouped up a new set of mobs. I'm a blood tank, so dnd and diseases is the best way for me to hold multiple mobs and I need them close enough to use heartstrike..not spread out in 3 directions so I can chase them. I asked him twice not to use knockbacks, and he did it on purpose. (in AN, the watchers before the boss) so I taunted the boss, let him pull aggro and then let him die and left the group.

I will go out of my way to be helpful and I will go as quickly as possible without risking a wipe, but people like this are why I will take a break and queue as dps. Incidentally, I have not yet seen a dps in a random pug that actually uses interupts. I'll look at recount and watch it and the only person using interupts is me...This is another good way to annoy your tank.

I really hope the next expansion brings back the group mechanics needing cc and understanding how to interupt mobs. The way it is currently just makes it so dps can watch tv and press two buttons and still complete the instance provided the tank and healer are decent. I would actually like to see a group have to pay attention and work together, but I suppose that's asking too much.

Be polite. If you are, I will forgive any mistakes. If you're not, I'll lose patience with you and will either get you killed, kick you from the group, or leave myself. I pay attention while tanking to make it go as quickly as possible with no deaths. All I ask is that you do me the courtesy of pretending you're doing the same.

15+ Year Old Account

I usually say "gogo pull everything!" at the start - it's jokey, but serious - since I can keep a tank at full health in a heroic with Earthshield and Riptide alone, the more they pull the more it gives me something to.

As long as your nice to to the tank it's not rude.

If your like "dudz hrry upz soz i can g3t on my farmvillz." thats another story.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

10+ Year Old Account

If a tank is slowing down the group needlessly then it isn't rude to tell them to pick it up. It's fine to tell someone that they're going slow for no real reason. The same thing is fine if the tank is pulling too fast in relation to the gear of the healer or the tank them self.

Earlier this morning I had a warrior in my group (I was tanking as a prot paladin) tell me to "slow da fuk dwn wut is the rush!?" along with many, many more rants that I was pulling too fast for him to keep up. Everyone, including the warrior, was in ToC25 gear or better. The healer, and the other two dps did a nice job of telling the warrior how bad he really was. But we all thought it was funny, and we've all never seen that excuse before.

While, that is a little off topic, but it's always fine to tell the tank to slow it down or speed it up. If done with good reasoning and done politely.

As a well geared rogue, if stuff is pulled too fast...im going to be tanking...or DPSing with no clothes and weapons on. i dont mind...Usually ill check healing...if i know healer can take it...ill go all out and we will be done shortly...if not ill either take off stuff...or just DPS when ToT is on cool down... All in all, the golden rule aplies...Do unto others..

Quote Originally Posted by mgp4ever30
    During some Heroics I swear the tank pulls at a rate we use to when they were first released, even when hes sitting at 40k+ health. Is it OK to ask him to speed it up? Im pretty sure a group in full T9 gear can handle more than 3 mobs at once.
    well i can understand if they are going snail pase, like yesterday i was tanking a uk random, at start i say i'm gonna be alittle off for a few minutes while i get use to my new ui, 1k dps deathknight desides i'm going to slow even though i pulled the first few groups altogether anyway, then as i stop for a second to change a few things, hunter runs forward and md pulls to me, so i handle it and tell him i dont mind getting a misdirect but dont pull for me, to which he goes and pulls the next group anyway, simple answer to this, leave group laugh at there repairs

If Im healing on my druid I will say in party "pull whatever you want" and usually they do pull everything. Honestly no reason you cant pull up to 2/3 packs at a time with this gear level out.