Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: ZOMG New Demons in Cataclysm!

Quote Originally Posted by CyborgOctopus

A healer demon
    Isn't that... like... backwards?
    80 Orc Hunter: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Greymane&n=Hamstar

Tyrenis was before the race change.

Then why call it a "new spell"?

It's possible we might not be getting new pets as such, but rather specific demon forms for each spec.
    The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny.
    - A.J. Durai

Zaelthon is the Zevran of WoW

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiJakkass86
    This is a bomb here. There couldn't be any bigger hint of new demon pets then this.

So, what will the new demon be? Probably something we've never seen before.. but these are the demons we can't learn so far:
    -Dreadlord
    -Doomcryer/Deathwhisperer (ladies with lots of arms)
    -Pit Lord
    -Demon Hound (not Felhunters, but those dog things that (model wise) hunter's can already tame)
    -Satyr
    -Eredar
    -Cataclysm Hounds
    -Beholder
    -Concubines (LOL)
    -Tinkerers

Other possible ideas for new/unseen demons would have to do with the lore/concept of cata. Big boss has been plotting away at Azeroth for thousands of years, under water, with earth elementals. Perhaps some sort of underwater related demon will become available. Maybe theres some Gilneas only demons (not worgen) that we will be introduced to.

What are your ideas?
    This game would be complete.

For DPS pets we have melee and caster, as well as the felguard for locks - since they aren't planning on adding any new tiers to the existing skill trees though, we will probably not see another spec-specific pet.

I do like the idea of a healer pet though. Not "holy" healing mind you, it would obviously have to be mischevious dark magic healing. I would say AoE drain healing, that heals both the warlock and the pet. If there are no enemies in the area it would just work like the VW's consume shadows - if there are people in the area it would drain them (animation: think of one of those lightning orb ball things they sell at spencers) for X amount of health, shared 50/50 between caster and pet. Deathwhisperer sounds appropriate for this kind of demon for some reason...

Another crazy concept, assuming that during the "all out war" between the factions, a pet that is specifically usable as a siege weapon and that's it. You ride atop it's shoulders (or back if it's on all 4's) and wreak havoc and chaos. I'm thinking the chaos hound thing (kinda looks like core hound) would be appropriate for this.

*also* Maybe we get a flying demon pet, to aid in traveling and with the new aerial combat system? What kind of demon would that be though... do we have any flying demons in game?

I think that Dreadlords, Pit Lords, Satyrs and Eredars are way too powerful to be enslaved by a simple warlock, so no.

demon hounds ( i think you mean core hounds) : like you already said, hunters got them

but those beholders could really be a new demon for warlocks

10+ Year Old Account

For DPS pets we have melee and caster, as well as the felguard for locks - since they aren't planning on adding any new tiers to the existing skill trees though, we will probably not see another spec-specific pet.

I do like the idea of a healer pet though. Not "holy" healing mind you, it would obviously have to be mischevious dark magic healing. I would say AoE drain healing, that heals both the warlock and the pet. If there are no enemies in the area it would just work like the VW's consume shadows - if there are people in the area it would drain them (animation: think of one of those lightning orb ball things they sell at spencers) for X amount of health, shared 50/50 between caster and pet. Deathwhisperer sounds appropriate for this kind of demon for some reason...

Another crazy concept, assuming that during the "all out war" between the factions, a pet that is specifically usable as a siege weapon and that's it. You ride atop it's shoulders (or back if it's on all 4's) and wreak havoc and chaos. I'm thinking the chaos hound thing (kinda looks like core hound) would be appropriate for this.

*also* Maybe we get a flying demon pet, to aid in traveling and with the new aerial combat system? What kind of demon would that be though... do we have any flying demons in game?
    Please let it be true!

The siege demon would be a sweet idea, though, it should take several people (who could then ride in it) to summon it...
    Hell, maybe even power it!
    OMGDEMONMAMOTHTANK!!!
    I'm serious, i imagine a Demonic mammoth with green fire surrounding it being fed life energy by those riding it...
    /2 cents
    War doesn't decide who's right, It decides who's left.
    FOR PONY!!!

Not so sure about this but doesn't that "Path of the Titans" thingy provide new spells (ergo new demons) for each class? Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by epiclolxfailzorz
    I think he means the plaguehounds, the ones in Tirisfal and the black with sparkly blue and orange tameable ones in ZD. I want a healer pet that heals me = pvp win.

could be, those are more demon like than, ehm, pet like i think

Actually no, those demon hound things in the glades look kinda stupid. They wouldn't look good as giant beasts either. I'm referring to cataclysm beasts (which are pretty much corehounds, but they are of the demon persona in sunwell)
    http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=25599

One thing (since it was mentioned) that I would REALLY like to see is warlock's NOT being so dependant on other people to perform their summonings. We aren't looking for Ragnaros or anything here, and with the decreased utility of summoning of souls (now that you can just click into a dungeon on your minimap), Warlock's should be granted the ability to solo summon party/raid members by themselves.

And on a related note to that, I don't think that any demons should require multiple people for summoning, not the new siege demon OR the doomguard (it's already on a 30 min cooldown for cryin out loud!)

So anyone know what kind of demon can fly, and be used as a pet?

Im under the impression that we are getting a buff in terms of how we use the infernal and doomguard, where they might be temporary summons still, but in addition to the currently summoned one without replacing it. Whether that is the new "spells" or just improved versions of the current ones that remains to be seen, but it is rather cryptic.
    Nowhere does it say we get new demons, only new spells but it would be nice to have to not have to lose so much utility only because we need a specific ability, or 1 pet does slightly more dps/provides a certain buff.
    Hunters do not lose a trap option when they change pet, mages do not lose ability to silence when the frost elemental is not out, so it is a bit ridiculous that some baseline abilites for other classes are something we have to pick and choose a pet to get, and we have to choose which of them we have.

Got to agree about the summoning buff, it is more than time it required less people, down to 2 to make the stone since thats the number required to actually use it would be still an improvement but solo, even if that limits you to some cooldown, and a non-cooldown summon requiring 2 would be a huge buff.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

They are probably hinting "new spells" because they plan on reworking the soul gem system, and being able to consume soul gems to amplify your attacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

15+ Year Old Account

ya to out of the box thinking for Wow would be grat if they would throw new ideas like that tho into the game...

also for your siege pet a charger from LFD2 comes to mind XD

but they should add unique spells for stuff like PVP that has little to no use in pve same for pve
    im trap in this bullshit this routine of life. they build us all up just to tear us all down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_fruit
    "its like my tongue on LSD"

Id like them to change stuff around a bit more with the current demons
    Voidwalker: become a mega aoE tank with a better taunt
    Imp: becomes sort of a tool pet, stam buff and procs to help your dots.
    Succubus: pvp pet with a disarm or a atp/sp debuff?
    Felhunter: anti-caster pvp pet
    Felguard: physical dps pet, with semi tankage capabilites

Then we add a new pet which in my opinion should be-
    Lesser eredar: kinda like having another, much weaker, warlock at your side. He could spam immolate or shadowbolts perhaps, maybe a destro unique pet?
    "Your country is like an old maid servant; accustomed to being raped by everyone." - Napoleon

We don't need anymore unique pets. If anything, dump the voidwalker in general and let the Felguard be a base tank for all locks.

I'm pretty certain they've said before that there aren't any plans for "New" warlock demons.

Reading what he said, it fits more of what I've thought since TBC was released. He's referring to all the different imp and voidwalker skins. Don't you guys remember the cool looking voidwalkers in voidridge (Hellfire Penn.)? They have the shoulder armor instead of the bracers of the current voidwalkers.

Actually no, those demon hound things in the glades look kinda stupid. They wouldn't look good as giant beasts either. I'm referring to cataclysm beasts (which are pretty much corehounds, but they are of the demon persona in sunwell)
    http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=25599
    Those are called Void Terrors.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Void_terror

Void Terror for Siege Tank 2010!

I can't quote anything, but I think I read a blue post before that mentioned it's not likely that warlocks will be getting a new pet, instead, the current pets will be improved vastly and given more abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warthyboi
    once I got kicked for ninja pulling. I was the tank