Theorycraft Thought: Haste Potion outside of Bloodlust?

I had a thought today, and that was using haste potion outside of bloodlust on a AW use. I've noticed during bloodlust with a haste potion i cannot possibly use all of the DS procs. It seems to be DS-Judge-DS-CS-DS-DS-DS-DS etc.... Has anyone tried to split them or done any math on the possible expected DPS spliting them up?

P.S. : this is assuming 2pc t10.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Theorycraft Thought: Haste Potion outside of Bloodlust?

actually, i havent used those in a long time.

imo it would be nice to use a haste pot for stacking SoV/SoCorr at the start of a fight if you dont want to use it with bloodlust. i always start the fight with AW, with a haste pot it would mean less ramp up time.

I usually take a haste pot before the fight begins. Faster ramp up time to have AW with a x5 stack + I can take another pot during BL.

haste pot at the start isnt gonna take a whole lot off your ramp up. Insane strength pots might come out ahead.
    I doubt it would be better to use the pots outside of BL. Getting DS a lot isnt a bad thing. Wings+1-1.5 sec melee swings +DS spam=Lots of dps. If you have mana trouble save a DP for after and belf save torrent.

Quote Originally Posted by KingKrab
    Insane strength pots might come out ahead.
    There's no way that insane strength comes out ahead of the haste pot !_!

My thoughts would be, that the difference in DS procs shouldn't be better, than having lots of buff on top of each other, because the value of the potion will be greatly enhanced if used with heroism + AW.

may i ask a question? isn't using a haste pot during BL a waste? i read somewhere that considering all haste received from BL it makes no sense using also a pot... well that was ages ago and i don't rly recall where i had read that.

so, can someone explain how using a haste pot during bl is good.

@Crovax - how can you use 2 pots in the same fight?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Crothor
    may i ask a question? isn't using a haste pot during BL a waste? i read somewhere that considering all haste received from BL it makes no sense using also a pot... well that was ages ago and i don't rly recall where i had read that.

A ways back it was shown that it was best to use it during BL, not a waste. If you use a pot 1 sec before entering combat you get 14 secs of the pot and then can still use another one later.

A ways back it was shown that it was best to use it during BL, not a waste. If you use a pot 1 sec before entering combat you get 14 secs of the pot and then can still use another one later.
    Ty Swamp for clearing that for me!

10+ Year Old Account

Try one fight with haste pot and one with Strength pot and you will see for yourself. It's as easy as that.

Off Topic: hello, Crothor, how's OroGoro? 8)
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

OT hehe hi Pisho! Well i stopped playing... last i heard when i stopped all fell apart I'm planing to get back into wow.

Most of former (better) members r in jazz club, hopefully there will be room for me to keep the bench worm.

CU in wow :P

This is the thread will all of the logic behind when to use your Speed Potion. link

Unfortunately, this doesn't answer Nikoll's question. Because the 2T10 bonus is completely RNG, I doubt that anyone could prove that using the Speed Potion outside of BL is better because you could go an entire BL without a 2T10 proc and fall back into the scenario presented above. If you get consecutive proc after proc after proc, I would still think that Speed Potion during BL is better. The reason being is that your melee attacks are so fast under these conditions and that allows you to use DS on every other GCD based on averages while still getting all of those melee attacks and delicious Seal procs.

RNG is too difficult to prove one way or the other.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Crothor

What you are referring to is casters who are already severely close to 1 second GCDs on thier spells. (elemental shamans in paricular.) For them, yes, additional haste during BL is a waste.

Click to see my Armory

Well, since it seems nobody here has tried it i'm going to Tuesday. I probably miss 2-3 ds procs with pot and bl. My goal is to make it so I miss none.

Ps: when I say I miss them I mean say I judge or ds or w/e ability and white at the same time. Ds procs and than procs again before the gcd is up.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Pisholina
    Try one fight with haste pot and one with Strength pot and you will see for yourself. It's as easy as that.

Off Topic: hello, Crothor, how's OroGoro? 8)
    nerf kor'gall horde ^^ how is the horde side! anyway hast pot prior and during is win!