Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: Got kicked becouse I was pulling trash as the Tank

All I have to say is you are an extremely sad person if you think being a tank bestows you with some sort of superiority. Seeing this crap pop up a lot and frankly I have to suggest that you quit WoW before it permanently damages you.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Quote Originally Posted by azshera
    Looking at some of the replies to OP really shows why it sucks to tank.
    djeez...
    Looking at some of the replies from tanks in this thread I understand why there is a shortage of tanks in this game .....

Not enough megalomaniacs to fill the role.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Never happened!
    It happened that a dps asked me to pull a few more pack of mobs I'd have otherwise skipped hoping for the bh to drop.
    I've got nothing against pulling more mobs than necessary (since it takes really a small amount of time killing a few more mobs) but when it happens, first I want to get sure everybody in party agrees.

[quote=Laan ]

You don't have to wait 15 minutes to kick a member queued for a specific instance, only for randoms. If he was queued specifically for PoS, he could be kicked right when he zoned in.

Quote Originally Posted by russykh

For all the good things the LFG tool has done, people like you are the downside. As a healer, your queues arent much shorter than mine, and yet somehow I havent turned into an arrogant tool who thinks that the people who I group with are somehow indebted to me. You are not irreplacable. If the tank drops it takes seconds to get another, and - get this - most of you are pretty much the same.

I play this game to have fun. When I get a group, I always say hi, never get mad if someone else does something stupid by accident, but I have left 3 groups now because the tank has been a dick to other players and acted as though they owe him something. Act like an arrogant tool and I have no problems leaving.

Tanks, get over yourself. Most of you arent anything special, having and instant queue does not make it so you are.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. My main is a healer too, and I too try to be courteous and polite, and I am always prepared to carry people whose DPS is shocking (hey, some people are new to the game). I have successfully vote kicked people in a couple of situations:

1) DPS doing 900DPS in VH because they were skinning inbetween packs and not doing any DPS
    2) DPS in Occulus refusing to get on a drake because they wanted to do the Amber Void achievement when nobody else wanted to (seriously, do achievements with your guildies already- I actually left the party on this one)
    3) Anyone who hasn't bothered to gem their gear (like it costs anything to stick a couple of green gems in those sockets?)
    4) Tanks who insist on going for all the bosses in Old Kingdom when everyone else wants a quick run

All those are cases where one person demands something for themselves against the wishes of the rest of the party. I don't mind taking people along who do sub-1500DPS if they're in greens and have just dinged, but I can't stand people who are selfish enough to believe that they alone should have the call on how things proceed in an instance- you were in a GROUP, OP, you don't get to make demands, you get to ask if it's OK to do x, y and z. I'd have kicked you in a heartbeat for being a self-centered prick.

Quote Originally Posted by figginnoob
    Tanks, let this be a lesson to you. You are NOT in charge. Just tank and do what you're told and we'll all get along fine. Otherwise, enjoy getting kicked over and over again.
    Lol, enjoy your requeue time.

Priority = Tank > Healer > Botz > dps....
    (Botz can atleast handle a flawless button rotation)

If you have an issue with the tank having to much control over your groups, Learn to tank!

Again, enjoy your requeue time.

[EDIT:]
    Forgot OT comment

Sucks, but democracy has to work some where...

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlezorg
    If you're saying this maybe you should also do your random heroics with your slow buddies?
    I prefer doing random heroics with my 'slow' buddies to having to rush through an instance. Unlike some people, I still do (heroic) dungeons for fun. If you want to rush things, then by all means go with your 'uber-super-ultra' guild and leave us 'slow' people to do our own thing.

As for the topic: You should have asked the group if they wanted to farm the hilt. If more then half are against, then you should have just done the instance. Not sure if kicking you was what I would have done (I prefer not to kick people. Sometimes I am too civil and nice for my own good), but you should have asked.

Side note: To the people that say you took longer then 15 minutes, so something was wrong. How about he queued specifically for that instance? Or they did Forge of Souls in a random and decided to continue? Both these options can explain the kicking.

Edit, because spelling is a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberwolfe
    Lol, enjoy your requeue time.

Priority = Tank > Healer > Botz > dps....
    (Botz can atleast handle a flawless button rotation)

If you have an issue with the tank having to much control over your groups, Learn to tank!

Again, enjoy your requeue time.

[EDIT:]
    Forgot OT comment

Sucks, but democracy has to work some where...
    It took me 12 minutes to get into a group at 4AM this morning. That's starting at the bottom of the queue. You really have no concept of how short requeues are, considering you're put at the top of the queue.
    Nyuthing!

Quote Originally Posted by Vodamn
    So basically, you asserted your authority over the group as the tank, and kept going against the wishes of the other 4 people in the party because you're the only one who could pull mobs and they couldn't do anything about it. Wasting their time because you wanted an item drop and they didn't.

As a tank myself, I have to say I would have kicked you too.
    this

it's a GROUP, not you+4 heal/dps bots. they didn't want to do it, you did, you tried to force it, they kicked you. they were right (kinda), you were wrong. next time state your intentions at the start if they are likely to differ from the group's wishes.
    http://files.me.com/sureshk/j0r7w6

Quote Originally Posted by loop not defined
    It took me 12 minutes to get into a group at 4AM this morning. That's starting at the bottom of the queue. You really have no concept of how short requeues are, considering you're put at the top of the queue.
    With 2 tanks (DK & Warrior) / A healer (Priest) / Several dps - (dual spec on all three plus a bunch of 40-70's....)

erm... yes, yes i do have a very good concept of the queue time.

Considering that goups are aiming for 15min clears, it means I have 3min left to clear the instance you are looking to get into. AND then I will be about 3min to finish clearing my next instance when you are going to be starting your 12min wait AGAIN

hehe

Im bored, not usualy this much of a dick

Yup - if I, as the tank, want to do anything other than a quick run-through, I start by asking before the first pull. Usually people say okay, but sometimes they don't. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by loop not defined
    It's pretty random tbh. I've seen requeues for a tank be instant and I've seen them take 15 mins. Enough that when a tank drops group from a horrible run, I'm normally tempted to follow suit as healer. I don't because I'm a kindly soul, but I probably should.

If you wanna farm any instance for rep or rares, do it with your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Vodamn
    So basically, you asserted your authority over the group as the tank, and kept going against the wishes of the other 4 people in the party because you're the only one who could pull mobs and they couldn't do anything about it. Wasting their time because you wanted an item drop and they didn't.

As a tank myself, I have to say I would have kicked you too.
    This.

battered hilt > quick emblems.
    clear ALL trash in frozen halls instances. all the time.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Kick me, i can farm that trash again and again and again... and u know what? i just push my find group button and tadaaaa group done, while you (dps) droll at the instance mobs waiting for a tank gg. I'm not proud with this (as i have pure dps classes also) but this is how things are working now. Maybe the op got a little frustrated, but if i would get a kick as a tank (haven't got kicked by now, wonder why??? ) i would have the smile on my face thinking about the time that they must wait (and i guess it will be longer then clearing that trash) for a damn tank, have fun "democratic" dps but think about the healer or other dps that didn't vote kick, u are making the situation bad for him also.

I would have vote kicked and laughed if the hilt dropped after you left.
    I certainly wouldn't mind the 10k it sells for atm on my server.

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    I was doing Pit of Saron on my Druid Tank. Was pulling mobs normally skipped by most groups to try for a Battered Hilt drop. The DPS started complaining, and saying go to the Boss. I told them it would only take few extra mins to kill the trash. After a few mins, I suddenly get vote kicked with one of the DPS saying "Lol, bye".

I wasn't saved to the place, and rejoined LFG, very annoyed. I also bet if the hilt dropped, those DPS would've Needed on it sold on AH.

Has this happened to anyone else? It seems like people are in such a hurry to get the instance done that they will never do anything optional (which is why BRD 2.0 will never happen)
    Here's what I do: Pretend I don't speak English. Just keep pulling.

Or: Don't explain.

Or: Flattery, such as: "I want to pull this harder trash because I've finally found a good healer!" Takes three votes to kick someone. Who would kick someone stroking their e-peen?