Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best Stat Professions for a Raider

Im a resto druid and currently have herb/enchanting maxed out. I mainly took herbalism as it was easy to level and a nice income while I reached 80 and bought armor etc. I now find myself in the position where I get most of my gear upgrades from raids and am considering swaping my herbalism for another profession to boost my stats.

I know Jc and Bs give a nice stat boost with the extra gem stats or the extra sockets Bs can put on hands/bracers and as I dont wear plate Jc has to be the option of the two id choose. However im wondering if it worth paying out to power level Jc just to get a increase 46 spellpower for example

Normal Runed Cardinal Ruby = 23 spellpower
    JC Runed Dragon's Eye = 39 spellpower

Difference in spellpower = 16

X3 JC spellpower gems as u can slot 3 in your overall armor = 48 Spellpower bonus for having JC

Anyway there's the idea and I suppose JC is also a nice money maker once i've levelled it and I do have a miner alt to help lower the cost of levelling. Think I should give it a go or stick with my herbalism and lifeblood?

Re: Best Stat Professions for a Raider

JC/BS is the best for every class.

What he said ^^^^^^^

JC and BS will get you the most customisation possibilies, as you can choose any stats you want for those extra sockets and JC gems.

Quote Originally Posted by strossus001

Think of it this way.

How much of an upgrade is an item with an extra 48 spellpower?

Depends how bothered you are about your performance.

You're not really going to notice a big difference, but personally I like to know that I'm doing the best I can. I couldn't turn down an easy way to gain 48 extra spellpower.

He speaks the truth.

My Armoy
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&cn=Blartt

I had a think about the Bs angle though lets assume I only wish to put Spellpower gems in the 2 Bs sockets. x2 Bs sockets would get me the same boost as x2 spellpower on rings, yes?

If you're truly willing to, JC and BS seem like the best options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

JC/BS is not best for every class. Any dps that would just stack SP would grab Tailoring over BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

Not true. For example, current calculations show Engi/JC to be the best combination for Spriests.

So here we are lovers of lost dimensions
    Itsuka hi no kaze ni noote haruka tooi
    Burning supernovas, of all sound and sight
    Hayaka no koto e
    Every touch, a temptation
    Itsuku sora hitotsu michimono hi Wataateyukeyu
    And for every sense, a sensation
    Hanateta koto e

Tailoring/JC or Tailoring/Ench for most caster dps. It's not like your 3 dragon's eyes aren't going to be SP anyways.

JC sp benefit: 39 x 3 = 117 - (23 x 3 = 69) = 48 sp

Ench benefit: 23 x 2 = 46 sp

2 sp is a pittance to give up if you want/need enchanting paired up with your tailor.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

JC/BS may provide more customizable gemming than other combos, but it truly benefits classes that use primary stats gems - stamina, strength, agility, intellect, spirit. Only for those classes it can be considered as best combo.

Others, like pointed in previous posts, might want to use tailoring like casters.

Anyone read anything about those bonuses in cataclysm? Will they be on the same slots or we should expect changes?

Quote Originally Posted by kyishah
    JC/BS may provide more customizable gemming than other combos, but it truly benefits classes that use primary stats gems - stamina, strength, agility, intellect, spirit. Only for those classes it can be considered as best combo.

Others, like pointed in previous posts, might want to use tailoring like casters.

Anyone read anything about those bonuses in cataclysm? Will they be on the same slots or we should expect changes?
    First off not stam because BS would give you 60 stam, ench would give you 60 stam, and mining would give you 60 stam(probably more I'm 2 lazy to find.)
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

Level jc. Undoubtedly jc is one of the best 2 for everyone. That second proffesion gets tricky between eng, tailor, and bs.

Level jc.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

I don't see people coming back to say if they got their problem sorted or not often, but I thought id put one to finish the thread off.

I did level Jewelcrafting in the end, im now JW/Enchant. I still like D/E things as I normally have to in raids with master looter so Im keeping it for now, or till I get more cash.

It took me 2 days in the end to get to about 430 and then I slowed down as I had access to the gems I wanted and I didn't need any of the necklace/ring recipies. I could also start my jewelcrafting dailies at 375 to get the tokens, I think it cost about 4k in the end for anyone thinking of power levelling JW, I did mine some adamantite and mithril to craft/prospect with a alt as they are very expensive on my sever and so are the lower level gems. Prospecting for the expensive gems seemed to be more money efficient when they want 50g for a blood garnet :'(

Anyway, thank you to the people who offered their advice to me, it really helped me make a decision.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

as a DPS i got 30 crit rating from Skinning and I am skilling up my enchanting so i can get +40 AP on rings
    Insert Signiture here.

Deleted

For a tank or caster, JC, BS and Ench are pretty much the same.

BUT!

For all the physical DPS, JC & BS are a bit better due to the fact that Ench has flat AP, while the other 2 can get str/agi.

JC/BS is still the best combination if you're dual-speccing, however.

Jc is king in stat terms. BS is extremely beneficial for the extra sockets

you can take leatherworking for the braver bonus which is also very good or you can opt for engineering if you want a lot of utility in raids on top of good stats.
    "The biggest problem with people these days is not that they set their goals to high and do not reach them, it's that they set their goals to low, reach them, and become satisfied...." NEVER BECOME SATISFIED!

MY raiding mage is Tailoring/Inscript

I know there are far better options than inscript, but it works for me, especially when I get new shoulders. Talk about easy mode.
    Current main: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nordrassil&cn=Thetormented