Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: *facepalm* Please stop asking who's gonna roll on what...

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon
    Thank you for your response, I only have one question.

Why did you ask?

What if they said "no"? It can happen, I've seen that happen, and my response (as the third party, to the nay-sayer) was "I believe NBG disagrees with you, sir". Because it does. That's what you buy into by clicking the DF. I know that, on that point, I'm preaching to the choir with you, but my question remains: why did you ask? It's not like it matters if someone says "no", as a matter of fact, asking could slow the group down, when the person wanting a dibs run (not you) leaves on you.
    If a person did say no for the reason that they feel they need the trinket more than I do, or for any other particular reason, I would continue to run the heroic as normal and I would simply greed roll the trinket.

The reason I ask is out of politeness to the rest of the group. I would actually feel kind of badly if I took an item for my offspec over a person that would place more overall use from an item. I would rather let the group know my interests in advance and see if it would possibly cause a problem rather than see the item drop and bring up the matter right then and there. Or worse, in my opinion, simply need roll the item, win it, and leave.

Also, on a side note, I'm always the healer in my LFG groups. If the DPSer wants to leave because I have stated an interest in an item for an offspec, by all means let them waste their own time while my group simply replaces him in less than 30 seconds. If someone wants to emoquit because I stated an interest in an item, that's their own stupidity for thinking that the question "is that okay" somehow translated to the statement "I'm taking this".

I also ask when I'm on my alt DK if people need tanking gear drops. If the tank says he does, I greed. If he says to take it, I take it. It doesn't bother me either way. I certainly don't leave the group for it.

Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted

Is it efficient at the risk of hours on deserter status, and, heaven forbid, DPS queue times though?

Again, I whole heartedly believe that blizz built this to have the loot available to both specs.

I mean... look at the community expectations for tanks... Letting you roll "only as a tank when tanking" would just worsen the tank shortage. The community is hard enough on "up and coming" tanks as is, they NEED the option to "come in geared" after a tour of duty DPSing and rolling on tank gear.

I said to a guy today who asked "can I need for offspec?" the following:

"If the dice are there, yes you can. Offspec is so 2009, good luck!"

No one chose to disagree with me.
    I'm not arguing about if its legitimate to roll on offspec loot.

I just say that everyone has the right to run his heroics on his terms and leave if they are incompatible with his current group.

Quote Originally Posted by detached
    I'm not arguing about if its legitimate to roll on offspec loot.

I just say that everyone has the right to run his heroics on his terms and leave if they are incompatible with his current group.
    That's fair, I suppose, but by the same token, he's not entitled to my enabling his dibs-fishing by answering him when he tries to establish his dibs run.

The cross server NBG is a babysitter, an anti-ninja mechanic that, I believe, is there to work hand in hand with dual spec, intendedly so. The sooner people realize this and move away from guilt-trippy "unwritten rules", the better.

Thanks for keeping it civil, everyone

Diablo IV is the best MMORPG Blizzard has ever made!

Deleted

It is just greed and selfishness, pure and simple.

On my shaman i ran normal PoS a lot to get my shield, not once did I say 'hey im just here for the shield, if you are too ill leave', it is just and idiotic way to act, people who think they are intitled to x or y item need to get a grip.

I am tank I emoquit if someone takes my loot. If I take someone elses loot he leaves and we replace him easily.

Welcome to my world!

Deleted

so what abut ppl that cant need on the item? i ask if am am my druid becuse i simply cant need on cloth so i might aswell ask since its gona be 100% waste of time if there is a clothie that needs it

Deleted

That's fair, I suppose, but by the same token, he's not entitled to my enabling his dibs-fishing by answering him when he tries to establish his dibs run.

The cross server NBG is a babysitter, an anti-ninja mechanic that, I believe, is there to work hand in hand with dual spec, intendedly so. The sooner people realize this and move away from guilt-trippy "unwritten rules", the better.

Thanks for keeping it civil, everyone

Personally I see the NBG as a last minute baby sitter your parents got in because there was no-one else around. It's not ideal; it's certainly inferior, in terms of fairness, to the decisions of a group of five pleasant and polite individuals. It's there in case one of the kids has a fit or throws a tantrum, in which case it'll turn off the tv, stomp upstairs and send everyone to bed early, regardless of who did what. I don't think it should be used to justify greedy or unfair rolling.

There ARE unwritten rules, and these are observed in respect of the way in which loot drops, to make things as fair as possible. If you do intend to break these rules, just ask first, almost invariably people are ok with it, and if they're not, and you've run this instance every day for a month, find another group.

I actually do this, just worded slightly differently.

I'm currently after the DPS bracers from Garfrost HC as my fury gear lacks a little hit and i'm still using some crappy 226 bracers. It's my offspec, i'm tank mainspec and to be frank if it wasn't for these bracers I wouldn't even be running the instance.

I feel it's polite to warn any plate melee DPS in the group that I'll be rolling on the item if it drops and if they have a problem I can leave the group at the start and they can get a new tank that hopefully won't be interested in them. Most don't have a problem with it and I feel this is a lot nicer than just hitting the need button without warning, not a nice surprise for said melee dpser

When I used to play, as soon as I see "I'm gona roll on....", or "who needs X..." I either kick them if I was leader, or leave group. Why? They are either:
    1. Ninja looter, and usually a crap player
    2. A selfish asshat, and usually a crap player
    3. Cause problems in the run, causing me to get saved but not complete the instance.

People who want gear should go guild runs, or just accept the drop rate and roll chances.

Just my 2c
    http://files.me.com/sureshk/j0r7w6

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by dotSeed
    You both seem to be under the impression that the majority of people that play this game aren't dicks. No, I won't to tank for you if after fifteen minutes you need on an upgrade, either to sell it or for off-spec. Not everyone has twenty hours a week they can waste re-running things hoping that people aren't douches.

You also seem to think I'm against competition. Leaving because another DPS wants a strength ring is being a dick, leaving because someone in another role says they want an item you're there specifically to get, for your main role, is smart.
    This just needed to be quoted because its what needs to be said. Seen too many people roll on the Black heart for a pvp trinket and see the tank get screwed. Its polite to not roll on tank loot the tank needs but you know people are dicks and make you out to be a bad guy when your just sick of getting screwed.

@ OP

I'm a tank, and a pretty good one, might i add.

More often then not i out DPS the dps in LFG pugs, so if you need on a tank item, (unless i state you can), enjoy the 30+ minute wait while i rush the rest of the group through their easiest pug run ever.

Respectfully yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Piggietails View Post
    You don't find Shadowmourne in PvP, it finds you.

If you are that imba surely you don't need heroic loots anyway?
    It's arrogant people like you that are more of a problem in pugs than the undergeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Bol
    If you are that imba surely you don't need heroic loots anyway?
    It's arrogant people like you that are more of a problem in pugs than the undergeared.
    Never said i needed the loot, that's why if you just ask i don't mind saying yes, because guess what im sure you aren't the only plate wearer vying for that loot, and it disqualifies those honest enough to pass, because they are not tanking and gives your selfish ass a reason for boot imo.

Please refrain from commenting on posts not geared towards you, as is, last i checked you were NOT the OP.

But i digress, undergeared people ARE the problem, as they just follow and auto-attack, expecting loot. So guess what, if we group and you do less then 1.5k DPS you get the boot, enjoy the carry by someone less selfish and arrogant.

Not gonna contribute to a drawn out war here, but you should know that the DF is, apparently, coded to ensure gear disparity, essentially and purposely making you "carry" people. Just FYI. But thanks for reading

Quote Originally Posted by Bozkurt
    Never said i needed the loot, that's why if you just ask i don't mind saying yes, because guess what im sure you aren't the only plate wearer vying for that loot, and it disqualifies those honest enough to pass, because they are not tanking and gives your selfish ass a reason for boot imo.

Please refrain from commenting on posts not geared towards you, as is, last i checked you were NOT the OP.

But i digress, undergeared people ARE the problem, as they just follow and auto-attack, expecting loot. So guess what, if we group and you do less then 1.5k DPS you get the boot, enjoy the carry by someone less selfish and arrogant.

Not gonna contribute to a drawn out war here, but you should know that the DF is, apparently, coded to ensure gear disparity, essentially and purposely making you "carry" people. Just FYI. But thanks for reading
    Thank you for a civil response, but i would like to clarify my position, those that receive "the Boot" are those that are geared VERY well (read 219-232) gear, and yet still can't seem to do more DPS then my TANK, if you do low DPS and are not well geared, enjoy the carry.

Did you really had to make a topic of this? Honestly?

Thank you for a civil response, but i would like to clarify my position, those that receive "the Boot" are those that are geared VERY well (read 219-232) gear, and yet still can't seem to do more DPS then my TANK, if you do low DPS and are not well geared, enjoy the carry.
    ... Haha?

Ok, I follow you now.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by dotSeed
    How dare someone be upfront that they only need a single item, and don't want to waste 10-15mins and then have the frustration of someone else need it. Probably for their off-spec too.

Making a sandwich and hot drink > Frustration.
    HOLY CRAP! If you don't have 10-15 minutes for a chance to roll on an item you want you don't belong playing in the first place. Go do your damn school work or get ready for work or do what the hell ever else you have to do that has you in such a hurry and quit being a douche bag (not meaning you necessarily but anyone that "don't want to waste 10-15mins and then have the frustration of someone else need it.").
    Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house. As a matte of fact, just don't throw stones at all. They hurt.

Wait, what's wrong with simply asking?

Arguing instead of doing the pulls, okay I have a problem with that.
    Leaving before the instance is over, I have a problem with that, too.

But asking about who wants what? I'm not on board with you there. I've been in plenty of groups where different people stated interest over the same item, and we all got along fine. If someone decides to have a hissy-fit, I don't blame the person who said "I really want X to drop", I blame the idiot who had the fit.