Page 1 of 2
LastLast

2 Warrior tanks on Rotface possible?

Hello

I don't know if anyone has tried this but our warrior seems to be having a lot of problem tanking the ooze. Even healer can pull off aggro from a mile away.

For 25 man we use the pally tank to kite the ooze but because we have two 10man teams, my team has both warrior tanks, well, because no other options.

Has any other warrior tried to tank the ooze and found it difficult to hold aggro?
    Mind you all healers in my guild are ToGC and above geared so they do generate a fair bit of aggro.

We swapped the two tanks and again the warrior on the boss does fine but the one on the ooze drops aggro.

hasa anyone played around with this?

Re: 2 Warrior tanks on Rotface possible?

When I did ICC this week we were running with a paladin + a DK tank, however the DK had to leave after festergut, leaving us with only one tank.

We had no other tanks online so we brought in another dps and had a hunter kite the ooze. He seemed to do a pretty decent job, we had no issues with his kiting/aggro. Could be worth letting one of your tanks go dps if they cant handle the ooze, ranged dps are capable of kiting.

If your tanks are having that many problems holding aggro, once two small oozes have merged have a hunter MD the larger ooze to the tank. This should give him a sufficient enough lead that he should be able to keep them away from the healers.

What else can a warrior do apart from heroic throw every minute?

Dabeef

We run war/dk tanks for our 10m ICC on Rotface I (war) have to kite the ooze bc my dk is for w/e reason is unable to with out a death.

I find that right after the 1st set of small ooze form in to the big ooze that it is easy enough to use a cd each time while you build threat, which should be enough to hold it on you until it blows.

Quote Originally Posted by Barawr
    If your tanks are having that many problems holding aggro, once two small oozes have merged have a hunter MD the larger ooze to the tank. This should give him a sufficient enough lead that he should be able to keep them away from the healers.
    I am sorry , i missed this bit of info...we do not have any hunters or rogues in my group. I was just wondering if its' even worth trying to get a warrior tank to kite the ooze or we just chasing smoke !

Quote Originally Posted by Tauton
    What else can a warrior do apart from heroic throw every minute?
    Taunt?

Quote Originally Posted by avengingbt
    When I did ICC this week we were running with a paladin + a DK tank, however the DK had to leave after festergut, leaving us with only one tank.

We had no other tanks online so we brought in another dps and had a hunter kite the ooze. He seemed to do a pretty decent job, we had no issues with his kiting/aggro. Could be worth letting one of your tanks go dps if they cant handle the ooze, ranged dps are capable of kiting.
    Hey not a bad idea, my 10m team was also having problems with this, I'm definitely going to suggest this idea next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabeef
    We run war/dk tanks for our 10m ICC on Rotface I (war) have to kite the ooze bc my dk is for w/e reason is unable to with out a death.

I find that right after the 1st set of small ooze form in to the big ooze that it is easy enough to use a cd each time while you build threat, which should be enough to hold it on you until it blows.
    Don't u run out of CD's towars the end when the small ooze happen faster and faster?

When the big ooze forms, you have like 2-3 second before it starts moving and meleeing. As a druid I try to do a single mangle right as it's targetable, then run out to kite.
    Maybe as a warrior you could use 1 big instant threat ability(I'm guesing devastate?) before you start your kite run?
    You could also try using your thrown weapon.(Frost emblem one seams real nice for that). I always end up overrunning the slime(since it keeps shooting that ooze), so you'd probably have a bunch of time you could shoot it without risk of it catching up.

The misdirect can always work, although it's a loss of dps you might or might not be able to afford, and near the end it wouldn't be available often though.
    CATA BETA CLUB!
    HearthStone BETA CLUB!

It's probably possible, but why bother? Any ranged can kite the big ooze.

15+ Year Old Account

Also if you have 2 warriors have the slime tank put his vag (vigilance) on the Rotface tank. That means basically you have no cooldown on taunt as you kite.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Warriors with no skill have no skill. Nothing to do about that.

Found it most easy on my feral tank. Growl and fieryfire both have good agro and are ranged abilities. I dont even have to be facing the Big Ooze.
    But I think that every tank should be capable of tanking the Ooze. Its just new to some to dont tank it in melee range

It's actually pretty easy. Vigilance on a healer, and keep spamming Shockwave and glyphed Thunder Clap. You'll never be close enough to take damage and will have a solid threat lead.

I tank the ooze as a warrior in a 10 man guild. Assuming the warrior has a two minute cd shieldwall there is no reason they can't build enough threat in melee using defensive cds before running out. Shieldwall first big ooze, second big ooze last stand and shield block, third ooze shieldwall is back up again.

If you're having trouble, shield wall the first big ooze while you stand on it for a couple of seconds and build threat, pain suppress the second one. Done.

My group has a Feral/Warrior Tank combo and in our group the DK-DD has to kite the adds and the feral is doing dmg

The big ooze is tauntable. As far as I know things don't go immune to taunt since they changed the diminishing returns mechanic and therefore threat is irrelevant. If the mob switches target from the tank he can just taunt it. Alternatively have a hunter throw an MD or 2 as someone else said.

I did it on 10man and it's pretty tricky, one second too long and BÄM...dead. Biggest Problem is that you only have one chance to build up aggro and that's when two small ones merge, after the third or even fourth it's nearly impossible, if anyone is pulling aggro at this point you will most likely die.
    So if you have any ranged with you who knows how to kite, let him do it. It is definitely safer.

Sure taunt is possible but if someone is above your threat it's just a pain in the ass to kite him any longer.

Some kind of ranged aggro skill with a low cd would be really nice for warrior, not much/no damage but a decent sufficient amount of threat on it to kite mobs around.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio
    The big ooze is tauntable. As far as I know things don't go immune to taunt since they changed the diminishing returns mechanic and therefore threat is irrelevant. If the mob switches target from the tank he can just taunt it. Alternatively have a hunter throw an MD or 2 as someone else said.
    Here is the issue with your suggestion.

Taunt basically just raises your threat to the level of what ever has aggro. It does NOT stack aggro. This is a common misconception.

If you taunt, but the ooze is too large to safely to go in and smack around for a bit, once the taunt forced attack time wears off whatever had pulled aggro will probably just pull it right back again, and now Taunt is on cooldown.