Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: 2 Warrior tanks on Rotface possible?

i kite it on 10 man as a warrior what i do i vigi the healer with the highest threat lvl and that keeps me above everybody with the started threat i get with shield block + Shield Slam and throw afterwards

start with a shockwave and thunderclap, then get some distance and use HC throw and if that's not enough to keep healing aggro use your ranged weapon every now and then when you can.

Also popping a defensive cd to get some shield slam and devestate in is also viable as already suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by jpwkeeper
    Here is the issue with your suggestion.

Taunt basically just raises your threat to the level of what ever has aggro. It does NOT stack aggro. This is a common misconception.

If you taunt, but the ooze is too large to safely to go in and smack around for a bit, once the taunt forced attack time wears off whatever had pulled aggro will probably just pull it right back again, and now Taunt is on cooldown.
    Put Vigilance on the main tank everytime he is attacked your taunt cooldown will be refreshed so you can kite the oozes using nothing other than taunt.
    Though you can also use Heroic throw and shockwave, Hell if you position yourself right you can even use thunderclap.

Quote Originally Posted by skrump
    Put Vigilance on the main tank everytime he is attacked your taunt cooldown will be refreshed so you can kite the oozes using nothing other than taunt.
    Though you can also use Heroic throw and shockwave, Hell if you position yourself right you can even use thunderclap.
    +1 just wanted to say that

Our mage kited the oozes. Easy as pie.
    Quote Originally Posted by ant1pathy
    The definition of balance is when all the classes are whining at the same time, at the same volume.

10+ Year Old Account

Bring a hunter and get him to MD you 1-2 in the fight if you notice healers starting to catch you up

Just hit it with a slam when it spawns, before it starts to move.

I would advise to only use one tank and let a hunter kite the ooze.

Our hunter managed to do 5k dps on Rotface while kiting the ooze, so basically you get one additional dps that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabeef
    We run war/dk tanks for our 10m ICC on Rotface I (war) have to kite the ooze bc my dk is for w/e reason is unable to with out a death.
    Bad DK. Replace as soon as you can if you are thinking about serious progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Elynsynos
    My group has a Feral/Warrior Tank combo and in our group the DK-DD has to kite the adds and the feral is doing dmg
    Taunts and spam FF. Easy doable as feral tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Dauthus
    Taunt?
    Because taunt creates threat right?
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Deleted

Totally doable as a warrior (even if other tanks or ranged dps might have it easier).

Have runspeed enchant. Vigilance on MT to get infinite taunt. Don't put more than 2 GCD initial threat on the mob, you'll get creamed if you stay longer. Run, wait for healer agro to catch up, taunt, heroic throw (or throw, or hand-rocket or whatever), and if it's still not enough just taunt some more. Who cares if you don't build threat by taunting, as long as the mob is attacking you because of the taunt effect.
    Once you get more confident with predicting ooze floods, stay in 10y range for TC and SW, and run away again if you're going to have to cross a flooded zone soon.

To all those saying taunting is stupid, warrior is the class with infinite taunts and the mob shouldn't stay alive for long enough for DR to be a bother (if it's even active), provided you do try to get some initial threat at the start.

Regarding OP, healing agro doesn't change because you are ToGC geared. Healing agro corresponds to healing done (ie damage taken unless the healers don't manage to keep up) and number of mobs alive. Damage taken should actually go down in a raid of skilled/geared people so threat should be lower than with people who take more avoidable damage.

i've tanked the ooze on rotface on both 10 and 25 man and when the 2 oozes form the big ooze for the first time, a taunt, followerd but a shockwave and then a heroic throw works wonders, plus a big advantage to this is to have the 15 stam and minor speed enchant on your boots to make the getaway easier and quicker.

you can go with 1 tank and keep a hunter kiting and dpsing the boss while doing so
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

Quote Originally Posted by Tauton
    What else can a warrior do apart from heroic throw every minute?
    ranged weapon

but yes, taunt is useful, it doesn't create threat, but that's not what you need in this fight, the warrior just needs to kite, so taunt keeps it on him

we did it in 25 with warrior/warrior til the feral druid decided it would be more fun to tank than dps that goofball fight

in my 10 the warrior (other tank is a dk) actually tanks it and a hunter misdirects when big ooze pops

doesn't really seem to matter though
    Quote Originally Posted by Wani
    It's probably possible, but why bother? Any ranged can kite the big ooze.
    Probably because your tanks do less damage than your dedicated dps with dedicated dps gear, even if they can switch specs?

I kite the ooze in my 10 man group warrior tank.

First ooze i shield wall, shield blockm charge and shield slam run away with a sneaky devistate if possible and heroic throw get huge distance its so easy to kite and just keep throwing my range weapon at it.

second time i call on vent, last stand + 4000 hp trinket shield block, charge shield slam and then on the 3rd i have shield wall off coodown or just say on vent i need heals directly and the other tank will pop his cooldowns.

Its not really hard if you have a brain.