(10man) Trouble with Rotface

Hi, me and my guild have downed Festergut and have been having a little bit of trouble getting Rotface. We get him to about 40-45% at best and then something goes horribly wrong and we wipe. Just wondering if someone could give me a little insight on what to improve. The raid composition was the best we could come up at the time.

Raid Composition
    Pally Tank (x2)
    Blood + Unholy DK
    Mages (x2)
    Warlock
    Disc Priest
    Holy Pally
    Resto Druid

Strategy
    We've been following the Tank Spot strategy with the 2 group clinging to the legs. When a person gets the ooze debuff they run to offtank and chill till it gets dispelled. Our offtank kites the big ooze through the spillage on the outside regardless of the damage, he uses hand of freedom to get rid of the movement debuff, (Think the reasoning was it did little damage to him or something.) and when another person got the ooze debuff ran in front of his kiting path and got his debuff removed and the big ooze gets kited through the little one. Obviously when he does his last ability where you cling to the walls, cant remember the name, you cling to an open wall away from spillage. Wash, rinse, repeat. I don't think I missed anything overly important, if I did, let me know.

DPS wasn't the problem, everyone was like 4.5k or above I think. Heals as far as I know weren't the problem or the tanking, so it would have to be the strategy.

Just curious if anyone else has some input on this.

Re: (10man) Trouble with Rotface

Tips:
    *You don't "cling to the walls". All you have to do is move a few yards, 5-10, from where you were standing when the ooze explodes. "Clinging to the walls" is very messy, and causes your DPS to lose DPS.

*You guys are probably wiping because you're taking too long. The longer the boss fight, the faster Rotface spits out the debuffs.

*You do NOT need to do the tankspot strat of dividing the group to each leg, you can all stack behind him, and then just run through him when he starts vomitting.

*If you're not doing this already, have your pally tank be the cleanser of the debuff, as he will be able to best determine when the debuff is ready to go off.

*You need more dps, if your offtank has a good dps spec, have him dps and have one of your ranged kite the ooze.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&n=Vuldin

Quote Originally Posted by laur0511
    cummunism is an utopia that cannot be applied to real life. fortunately, video games aren't real life; therefore it can be applied there, making things more fair.

Deleted

^ This.
    And I would also suggest using 2 healers instead of 3. If they're not complete retards it's very doable with 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly
    ^ This.
    And I would also suggest using 2 healers instead of 3. If they're not complete retards it's very doable with 2.
    /agree - and it should be the disco priest + resto druid. Somewhat horrible fight for holydins as they hate moving so much.

As dogpie says a range doing the kiting while the OT goes dps for this fight also helps a lot. That way kiter has more solid threat, requires less healing and should be able to do a reasonable amount of dps on the boss, particularly a dot heavy range such as warlock or an instant heavy range such as hunter.

We're having similar problems with Rotface: The fight is going more or less solid unless the off-tank (me) is getting the disease. At this point, I'm too far away for the big slime to hit me, but also too far away for the small slime to merge with the big one. I need to get closer to the big one so they can merge, but that leads to the big slime hitting me, causing my death.

How do other deal with that situation? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Get à shaman would help to speed up the kill.

Big ooze explosions make sure you move away (we move out to the side) and then move back in after all the stuff has gone off. This boss is easy to lose control on but with the above comments you raid comp can do it. Also if everyone in your raid can watch their debuff timers, there is no need to be dispelling the debuff. With 6 seconds or so (rather have an extra second than be a second short) head over to the OT.

Also when you get to the OT, try standing on him and then moving with him. Big slime and your new little slime usually collide pretty easily (at least for us) when done correctly.

Bring in a dps shaman (elemental is prolly best with what you have already(for the buffs)) instead of the holy pala. Blow bloodlust early in the fight as soon as tanks has gotten a good deal of threat as this part of the fight is where there is the least movement.

This fights is very hard if you use 3 healers because of the time it takes. At some point it becomes impossible to handle all the oozes, so burn him down as fast as possible.

On the big ooze eksplosion: you don't need to move until it actually explodes, and then everybody just takes a few steps back or to the side or something. You don't need to run around a lot.

If you're having trouble with the healing when going down a healer it can help if you dispel the oozes earlier as they do much more damage as a debuff than as an ooze. Just make sure that you run to the big ooze fast if you do it this way.

Edit: also make sure that no one goes too close to the big ooze. It hurts a good deal when buffed up and this is almost always what wipes us.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shinato
    DPS wasn't the problem, everyone was like 4.5k or above I think. Heals as far as I know weren't the problem or the tanking, so it would have to be the strategy.

Just curious if anyone else has some input on this.
    4.5k sounds low, honestly. We did it with everyone putting out at least 6k and only 2 healers. That extra 1.5k dps per person and full extra DPSer would make the difference between a kill and a 40% wipe, assuming your two healers can still hold it together (and I believe they can, because this is a fight where the healing starts easy and gets tougher exponentially--so the shorter you make the fight, the easier it is).

Your dps is not that great to be three healing the fight. As mentioned above I would have a hunter kite it, we have a hunter kite it and still manage to do 3-4k dps on the boss, then two heal it, if you don't do anything stupid the fight isn't too healing intensive. In a fight like this the less dps you have the more you get behind and the fight gets harder because the diseases start coming faster till you aren't doing a whole lot of dps. Its definitely not a gimme fight on 10 man, there are a lot of things that can wipe you. Also, I don't understand how it can all go horribly wrong, something must be screwing you up whether its diseases coming too fast and healers are getting over run or the people aren't forming new big oozes during the big explosion or your group is panicking and just messing up a whole bunch of things. I would break it down and address one problem at a time. By the way, this is icecrown not toc, if your dps isn't getting higher than 4.5k the fights are gonna get really hard. Putricide is a fun fight but he's no joke you need a group with good dps and the poise to not panic.

Yeah, don't dispell, just let it go down on it's own. That should help out quite a bit I think.
    Remeber Kid‘s: As long as people have same delusion they are not crazy, they're are a „religion“.

Quote Originally Posted by blizzy
    We're having similar problems with Rotface: The fight is going more or less solid unless the off-tank (me) is getting the disease. At this point, I'm too far away for the big slime to hit me, but also too far away for the small slime to merge with the big one. I need to get closer to the big one so they can merge, but that leads to the big slime hitting me, causing my death.

The small slimes can be slowed, but will not target anyone but their primary target. Have a DK use chains of ice (for instance) on the slime when it's on you, and the big slime should catch it up pretty quickly.

As people stated above, the fight is a soft enrage. At some point oozes just pour out like crazy, so you need to have him dead before that.

It is possible for players to not get hit by the big ooze, so it should be doable to merge the ooze for your offtank, too. Escpecialyl with avengers shield, maybe hammer of justice works, too. I guess the merge radius is like 10 yards and melee 5 yards.

Don't forget you are missing out many buffs in your group which lowers your dps significantly ... for example sunder, windfury, etc. Think even on alts we pour out a good 6-7k dps on this fight, which helps obviously a lot.

And the sooner you dispell the disease the sooner a dps can run back in to dps. te disease itself seems timed, so a faster dispell doesn't lead to a sooner next disease. It is jsut going faster and faster by design.

Personally I prefer to stand at the side of rotface, and hardly ever have to move for the acid spray. If he turns towards me I just run through him and can dps right away again.

When the ooze explodes, the falling oozes have a spalsh radius of like 5 yards, so just step aside if you are ranged and as melee move to a spot where noone was before

Myrddin,Stormforged, EU-Ravencrest
    Website: mmo-game.eu,YouTube: myrddinde, Twitter: @MyrddinDE

Quote Originally Posted by blizzy

Just get your own disease dispelled asap and tank the little slime. They do close to no damage. In the worst case the slime will just stay on you till after the explosion, after which someone else will merge his slime with yours. Don't go into melee range of the big ooze.

Quote Originally Posted by Momome
    The small slimes can be slowed, but will not target anyone but their primary target. Have a DK use chains of ice (for instance) on the slime when it's on you, and the big slime should catch it up pretty quickly.
    Oh, looks like I was missing that fact. Thanks alot!

I'm having similiar issues although a lot of attempts go to 30-40%.

For some reason our DK tank is much more capable of tanking the ooze.
    One of his abilities does frost damage and it seems to slow the ooze a little. Is this my imagination or something real (blizz has a history of frost +ooze equals slow think aq40)

Thanks for the advice guys!
    Seems like it's helping more people then just me

Quote Originally Posted by Shinato
    Strategy
    We've been following the Tank Spot strategy with the 2 group clinging to the legs. When a person gets the ooze debuff they run to offtank and chill till it gets dispelled. Our offtank kites the big ooze through the spillage on the outside regardless of the damage, he uses hand of freedom to get rid of the movement debuff, (Think the reasoning was it did little damage to him or something.) and when another person got the ooze debuff ran in front of his kiting path and got his debuff removed and the big ooze gets kited through the little one. Obviously when he does his last ability where you cling to the walls, cant remember the name, you cling to an open wall away from spillage. Wash, rinse, repeat. I don't think I missed anything overly important, if I did, let me know.

I feel your pain, we had some problems on him when i was healing on my Shaman, after about 1.5 hours we downed him by luck. All dps was 6k+ and since i was the Shaman we had a Bloodlust. As i looked we were all alive and then seconds later, 8 of us were dead. We ended up killing him with 2 pally's in a bubble.

Something I've found to be tremendously helpful for this fight, from a healers perspective, is to cleanse the mutated infection as soon as possible. For most of the fight this means as soon as it's applied. The little ooze will have ~500k threat on the person who is cleansed, so nothing is pulling it off. The little oozes do next to no damage compared to the DoT from the disease/healing debuff. This also allows the person to be topped off or close to topped off by the time they get to the off tank, so if they get too close to the big ooze aura or slime pipes go off, they won't die.

As he starts throwing out more infections towards the end of the fight, you will want to be more cautious with the cleanses so you don't get two oozes combining in the middle. At that point it's ok to take more risk and cleanse them when they get closer to the OT. This shouldn't be a problem if your DPS is good though.