Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fury t10 4 set bonus

So the 2 set bonus is obviously a win... however what about the 4set bonus. I have looked for the topic but could have over looked it. I did see 1 instance where someone flatly said - take it... but why?

* (4) Set: You have a 20% chance for your Bloodsurge and Sudden Death talents to grant 2 charges of their effect instead of 1, reduce the global cooldown on Execute or Slam by 0.5 sec, and for the duration of the effect to be increased by 100%.

What are my attacks going to be after this, just 2 slams on a proc? Will my attacks change from a HS spam to a slam spam w/ the lower gcd?

I am trying to look @ the damage done and it appears that just straight hs spamming is better atm but will this change to slam being better with better weps?

Slam Rank 8
    15 Rage Melee Range
    1.5 sec cast
    Requires Melee Weapon
    Slams the opponent, causing weapon damage plus 250.

vs

Heroic Strike Rank 13
    15 Rage Melee Range
    Next melee
    Requires Melee Weapon
    A strong attack that increases melee damage by 495 and causes a high amount of threat. Causes 173.25 additional damage against Dazed targets.

Thanks All!

Re: Fury t10 4 set bonus

This bonus implies too many things really, its kinda complicated.

What i understood its that its the global cooldown which its reduced, not the cast time.

Heroic strike is on "next swing", so i guess you would be spamming HS as usual, the only diference is that you have more time to use your instant slam, and also you are able to use 1 sec window in your rotation to fill another instant slam without losing time to get BT and WW on cd.

And below 20% very posibbly spam execute more times when BT and WW are on CD

Maybe i have missed something, i too, would like too hear more thoughts about this.

When I play as fury, I find that there are many times I have GCDs to spare and unlimited rage...with nothing left to push. Sunders are up and refreshed, BT and WW are both on CD, and slam hasn't procced so I wait 2-3 seconds for BT to come off CD.

...the 4 piece helps with this problem...slightly.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

15+ Year Old Account

You should never have gaps in your BT/WW rotation, you fill those with Slams - even if they aren't instant.

This makes it so you get more Slams (filler) in, because you spend less time casting (or so the idea is). Personally I think it sucks though - so feel free to hold on to the t9 2p as long as possible or use non-tier.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

skilloverskill if what you say is right then i`ve been totally lost around my fury.

Doesn`t slam pause your melee attacks?

Please explain to me exactly how it works, so i can understand, thanks

what they're saying is (i think), seems to be that

1. 100% increase in availability of Sudden Death and Slam (i.e. 20 seconds instead of 10)
    2. Reduction of .05 seconds of the GCD of Slam and Execute
    3. 20% chance of this happening (1/5 procs of S.D. and Bloodrage)-
    Arms-9% chance of S.D. proccing- 20% of 9%=1.8% chance of it proccing on any hit
    Fury-20% chance on HS, BT, WW. 20% of 20%=4% chance of proccing on special hits

So the procs seem to be quite equal, due to the amount of damage going out by execute and slam.

The normal rotation is- WW, BT, GCD(If procs, Slam), BT, GCD(If procs, Slam), WW, BT (or like that) with HS's in there peppered in.
    The new rotation would be WW, BT, GCD (if procs, regular slam), BT, GCD (double procs- Slam, Slam), WW, BT

It isn't very confusing, just double the moves, really quickly, with an average of a 2.9% chance in either Arms or Fury, combined.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill
    You should never have gaps in your BT/WW rotation, you fill those with Slams - even if they aren't instant.

This makes it so you get more Slams (filler) in, because you spend less time casting (or so the idea is). Personally I think it sucks though - so feel free to hold on to the t9 2p as long as possible or use non-tier.
    If you are going to be using anything to fill in gaps when everything is on CD, and no Bloodsurge proc, you should be using Rend w/ glyph(assuming not a multi target fight), talented, and its even better if there is a feral or arms warrior in the raid.

Never ever use Slam if it's not a Bloodsurge proc, EVER...

The free GCD you get during a fight (RNG with the Bloodsurge proc) should be used for for stuff like refreshing Shout, Sunder, Rend (if you are really pro otherwise don't) or let them go pass without using them.

As for the T10 4 set bonus, the proc will grant you 2 Slams that you will be able to use with the free GCD, with GCD being 1 secs only after each instant Slam. That will make it easier to put into the rotaion when you get a proc.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Durotan&n=Aardrelore

provide a dps parse where you have done this sucessfully.

start your rotation
    BT
    WW
    *whoops!* bloodsurge proccs
    BT
    WW
    Bloodsurge
    0.5 sec later Bloodsurge
    BT
    WW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOva1...eature=related
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

2 things:

First, HS does not use a GCD (although slam will cancel out a queued up HS).

Second, If slam becomes an instant attack, it makes the instant dps go up when compared to HS which runs on a swing timer.

Sure it is a good bonus, since it gives you an extra option of what to do with a GCD. Couple the bonus with the higher stats on the gear and compare it to 2PC-bonus/gear stats for T9, or even T9.2 and you end up seeing that it will raise your dps.

Very few times do I ever get a "free" GCD in a fight. I already miss regular Slam procs in order to make sure I dont clip into the BT or WW roation to keep my dps as high as I can go.
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

The t10 4 piece effectively gives double spam proc 20% of the time. If your rotation is managed correctly this correlates to 20% more slams in a given fight. That's a 20% damage increase on an ability that causes about 8% of your overall damage, resulting in a new damage contribution from Slam of 8 * 1.2 = 9.6%.

This is an overall damage increase of 1.6% (rough calcs of course). Ignoring the stat increases, it's still better than the t9 2 piece. With the stat increases its far better.

If you're running the heroic t9, you'll want to wait for tokens first of course.

Respec Arms, or reroll dk.

In the current fury rotation, slam is the lowest on priority. When the proc is available, you will most likely be using a WW or BT and let it run out.
    What this set bonus does is give you more of an opportunity to use the slam proc, rather than it being wasted. You will continue to use HS spam, but slam will now be available more than it used to when BT and WW are on cooldown.

You would have to look on elitist jerks for the exact science on it, but that is a vague description of what it will do.

TL;DR: It will be a DPS increase.

Quote Originally Posted by keipasha

And below 20% very posibbly spam execute more times when BT and WW are on CD

Maybe i have missed something, i too, would like too hear more thoughts about this.
    no, it says slam or execute, though it would be much better if it applied to both of them, though i think with getting 2 slams in less time would deal enough damage to make using slam instead of execute on proc.

i would think that when the 4pc HAS procced because 2 slams with a 1sec gcd (both are on 1sec gcd is the main point which makes it so huge) and because you don't want the 4pc procs to overlap, that you would use the 2 slams as soon as you get them, if the 4pc has NOT procced, then slam is still lower priority than WW and BT

Quote Originally Posted by larryz
    i would think that when the 4pc HAS procced because 2 slams with a 1sec gcd (both are on 1sec gcd is the main point which makes it so huge) and because you don't want the 4pc procs to overlap, that you would use the 2 slams as soon as you get them, if the 4pc has NOT procced, then slam is still lower priority than WW and BT
    So you are saying that as soon as they proc, even in a ww/bt open gcd still use the bloodsurgex2 procs?

Also, wouldn't this be a dps loss if you went for the 2nd proc and clipped a ww/bt?

Slam Rank 8
    15 Rage Melee Range
    1.5 sec cast
    Requires Melee Weapon
    Slams the opponent, causing weapon damage plus 250.

So going with a ilvl 277 wep (H. icc25) the dmg would be 325.7 + 250 = 575.7
    ilvl 264 294.7 + 250 = 544.7

and HS would be

Heroic Strike Rank 13
    15 Rage Melee Range
    Next melee
    Requires Melee Weapon
    A strong attack that increases melee damage by 495 and causes a high amount of threat. Causes 173.25 additional damage against Dazed targets.

So if you have an ilvl 264 wep >, and you have 2 open gcds, bt/ww on cd, if you had the option to spam 1 bloodsurge slam proc and 1 hs, you would choose the 2x slam (unless the target is dazed and then the hs would be better).

Does that sound correct?

To me this 4 set bonus doesn't seem that great.

I think this 4 set bonus is much more valuable to Arms warriors because of the double execute... I would personally get the 2 piece bonus and get my other 3 main pieces as non tier item... some one had written a review and the non tier items seemed better than the tier items anyways :0