Thread: Affliction ICC

Affliction ICC

Ok been reading for some time now that Afflocks are ahead in terms of DPS but I have some concerns about trying to use in in ICC10 as I cant see where it would outdo my destro spec on all of the fights..might be because of the make up of the groups ive been in so far but thats why im asking the questions.

Marrogar - tons of movement and target switching to spikes, given long ramp up times and switching to spikes surley not ?

Lady whats her face - I can see this maybe but we have been running with 2 ranged and it puts a lot of pressure on the mage to kill adds again ramp up time for adds is too long ?

Ship fight - im usually on guns and then deck adds no overly fussed here tbh

saurfang - killing beasts is way to slow in aff is it not ?

Makeup of our group tends to be 3 melee (2 rogues+1) 2 ranged (me and mage) then tanks and healers as standard. As I say I cant see how affliction will outdo destro in these fights or am I wrong ?

Re: Affliction ICC

Marrowar, the melée should kill those spikes before you get 2 casts off anyway. Affliction trumps there. You could also drop a quick seed in the spike for boss damage too.

Lady, you can keep a full rotation on her and toss dots on adds. Affliction wins here.

Gunship, does it really matter?

Saurfang, here I say go destro with shadow fury.

Rotface, affliction for sure. You can easily keep dots up when you have to take slimed to it.

Festergut, nevermoving dps train? Hi I'm affliction throwing the he'll down.

Putricide, here I see it as a toss up. Depends in if you need to hurt the gas more. If you are behind on them go destro for fast burst.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Festergut and Rotface are good examples of bosses suited to Affliction.

I use Destro on the first four unless picked to stay on the boss at Deathwhisper and/or Saurfang.

That's not to say that Affliction is not viable when you have to target swap but it's certainly easier if you don't. For me at least.

15+ Year Old Account

Inline:
    Quote Originally Posted by kinkster

Marrogar - Movement is fine - maintain Haunt. Spikes, use searing pain.

Lady whats her face - UA and Corruption on each add, go back to the boss. If they're still alive after 12s then go to adds full time because your raid dps is low.

Ship fight - im usually on guns and then deck adds no overly fussed here tbh

saurfang - Dot them up, refresh Haunt on saurfang, shadow bolt them until dead. It's not much worse than Destruction.

R.I.P. YARG

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

I switched to affliction when 3.3 came out; since then, the only ICC fight I've been constantly beaten on is Saurfang. (If my dual spec weren't useless for the fight, I'd change specs before running it...)

15+ Year Old Account

I switched affliction back at 3.3 release and since then I have had no one ahead of me on any given boss.
    But i also love affliction more than any other spec which may factor in to the awesomeness.

Quote Originally Posted by Imhullu
    I switched affliction back at 3.3 release and since then I have had no one ahead of me on any given boss.
    But i also love affliction more than any other spec which may factor in to the awesomeness.
    Affliction actually takes awarness. Destro is the easiest spec I have played. Easier than ret and mute rogue. I hear world #1 destro lock was actually a trained monkey.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

I play affli lock and in ICC 10 it shines.
    Marrogar - lot of movement - wait - it's affli that has insta dots/nightfall? You can no problem do full rotation there..
    Lady - when we play - usually I stay on the boss all the time when the rest finishes adds. This way I do full, non stop, rotation and don't have to worry about anything. If I'm needed on adds - just pop corr+CoA+UA and get back to boss.
    Ship fight - you're on guns? We put there mele >.>' As affli - I just spam SoC on the gunners and those that aboard the ship..
    Saurfang - this is different - If I'm all the time on boss (like Lady) ignoring adds - then I go affli. Reason is that you don't need to move AT ALL during all fight. You just stand and spam your dots. If I'm killing adds - I go destro for better burst damage on adds.
    So far this is the only fight I go destro in ICC.

I thin affli is much better in ICC10 than destro. I usually outdps destro locks even if they got better gear o_O'
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

If you have a lot of movement on Marrowgar... lawl? The only class that needs to move is Hunter except during Bonestorm. Fires don't target anyone inside his hitbox. Stand in melee range and nuke. That's it. Easy fight.

Saurfang on the other hand? 25 man: Corruption adds, back on Saurfang. 10 man: UA + Corruption adds, back on Saurfang. Destro is only more useful in 10 man on Saurfang if you're the only person who can slow them and no one has a knockback. That means no Shaman, no Balance Druid, no Hunter, no DKs. In that case, sure, go Destro. Afflic does more overall damage to the adds, so the only reason Destro is decent there is for a slow. Since Destro's slow is very unreliable.... not saying much.

Just revisiting this, cheers for all the responces..

Ive not had chance to raid yet and im still a little wary but I have been using it in HC's for rotation practice. I know HC's are not the greatest of arenas to gage dps from but on boss fights I seem to be way off what I was on dest. Is this still natural is the ramp up time that slow that on a 30-40 second boss fight I wont see any decent dps ? im hitting about 3-4.5k tops in a boss fight where as anything 5k+ ish on dest..