Getting out of add duty

So.. playing feral we suck when we have ot switch targets alot. Today we downed putricide on 25 and i did just shy of 7k. WHich i mean is ok whatever but at one point they said rogue a and rogue b are to stay on putricide the whole fight being combat they do a damn good amount of dmg. Most fights and can keep up with them with in reason but not ones where i'm switching like putricide..

Anyway what i'm really trying to say is how do you convince your gl/rl whoever that its prob best you stay single target on a boss at the benefit of much better dps or do you not and just suck it up.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Getting out of add duty

1) Tell your rogues to get some daggers, spec mutilate and do even more dmg. Even when switching targets!
    2) Tell your raidleader to set you fixed on putricide and the then-mutilate-rogues to the adds.
    3) Get some english grammar and spelling book.

Alternative:
    1) Replace your raidleader.

Alternative #2:
    1) Replace the guild.

Alternative #3:
    1) Shake hands with me! I have some dumbass raidleader, too.

First, it hurts mutilate rogues to switch targets more than combat rogues.

Second, imo qq. Nobody should stay just on putricide. killing the adds is top priority, and the faster they die the more time the raid spends dpsing him, and the easier time you have at smooth transitions, which is the other very important part of the fight.

Enhancement shaman says: cry more

Druids at least have dash/charge and whatnot abilities to move faster. My dps drops 2/3 on PP because of the constant running and totems being out of place. Different fights are different, Saurfang favors melee, PP does not.

Also, on PP adds control is the key, and dps on boss is not really significant.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Focus on how you best can help the guild and the raid progress.

Do that for a few months and maybe just maybe people will start listening to you.

Then have a simple little quiet conversation with the raid leader and work things out.

Lead raids yourself and you'll see how many people cry about this or that or wanting to maximize their own dps at the expense of the raid - that'll teach you about having to balance different people's competing priorities.

15+ Year Old Account

Combat rogues are the least affected by target switching so I'm not sure who's leading. If anything it's your Arcane mages, mutilate rogues, warlocks and possibly ferals. But everyone should be helping get those slimes/gases down anyways because switching targets hurts all DPS so get them down fast and back on the boss.

I hope the abomination controller is getting 5 stacks and some nice dps on each slime as well which cuts down on the overall DPS loss.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

It's progression. You should be working together with your guild instead of trying to show off. My DPS didn't do so hot on Gormok because I had to switch to the kobalds. Now I just don't give a shit and let the dks, warriors, and whatever else take care of them.

Do you feel like you would have had a smoother kill if you had done 8k and the rest of the dps had done 200 less dps?

Also, I'm not a big fan of feral charge on that fight unless I'm running back to professor. I find that using it on moving targets screws me up a bit. Dash glyph is very helpful for that fight though.

Explain why it is hard for ferals to dps to your raid leader.

It IS easier for combat rogues to swith and explain that your dps would go up more than theirs would go down

I play my feral dual spec on putricide some times too. Can't see why, with; feral charge, dash, 30% increased movement speed, dash and tiger's fury, you shouldn't be doing the adds.

While you may not be pulling 10k dps on the globs, you're still helping your group a lot with using the abilities right. It doesn't need to hurt you dps as much as you may think, the adds spawn at set times, so you can easily set up rip to go on while you're away and spend the combo points you get on the globs to your own advantage.

Its kind of funny that on a fight where downing adds is the top priority, and timing Putricide's phase change with add/acid spawns, that you or your raid leader would suggest leaving ANYONE on Putricide the whole fight.

I think your time would be better spent attempting to convince Blizzard to make Feral a little less horrible at switching targets.

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    It's progression. You should be working together with your guild instead of trying to show off. My DPS didn't do so hot on Gormok because I had to switch to the kobalds. Now I just don't give a shit and let the dks, warriors, and whatever else take care of them.
    This is kind of how i felt about the whole thing. Well other then the showing off. =P I wouldn't have even bothered to bring it up till they said Rogue x and Rogue y are on pp the whole time. Which made me go wait a second...

In all i guess everyone is right let it ride for a while and once the fight gets to the point of farming then slack a little on adds like gomok.

Thanks for the comments all and gl on your progression

maximise your dps, savage roar CPs off putricide, mangle rake shred rip ooze, shred shred mangle bite/roar(get blown backwards), feral charge back to putricide leaving ranged to clean up.

Is pretty much what i get every ooze/gas rotation.