Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Goblin Roleplaying Stereotypes?

Greedy Goblin Merchant who sits in his stall and tries to force his wares down the throats of innocent would-be-customers? No.

Greedy Goblin Industrialist who's hellbent on killing Fandral Staghelm and taking Teldrassil for the goblins so it can be chopped up and sold for a millennium's worth of firewood and lumber? Hell yes! That among other things.

;D

10+ Year Old Account

and this is the reason im rolling a shaman goblin he wants to be helpful but his tendencies to be greedy get him in trouble. Its hard going against ones nature.

they can still be greedy just put a new twist to it like there clepto or something.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

10+ Year Old Account

Mobster
    Slave miner
    Mafia goon
    Hardened ex-thief
    Retired zeppelin captain
    Pirate

I think these all fit with goblins. I personally don't play in RP realms though.
    Taz'dingo!

I'm a vampire goblin and the secret son of Uther and Deathwing. I worship Elune and run a homeless shelter.

Oh yeah, and I also plan to lead my goblin compadres into the Exodar, kicking Velen and the rest of the kids out, and then doing what they seem to be totally inept at doing: Fixing the damn thing! Leave it to a goblin to do a draenei's job I guess. ;D

After we're done fixing it, we'll be taking a little goblin pleasure cruise across the stars and wave "Hello, Goodbye" to the Pantheon when we pass them by.

8)

I think a goblin shaman from a demoltiomnist goblin family would have a pretty conflicting story, he would want to save the earth and elements while those around him would be trying to blow it up.Does Fizzlerock have what it takes to stand up to and betray his former friends in defense of the elements?

/exit RPmode

Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    Play something different. 'break' the lore and shove your helpful warlock merchant goblin into the faces of those racist roleplayers who only know stereotypes.
    I hate those want to be hardcore roleplayers claiming "you can't play a friendly warlock!!!!!!!". guess what? I can, just to prove you wrong. Everyone who thinks otherwise just uses roleplaying to let out the little fascist inside them.
    (Playing a friendly warlock is boring, but I used it just as an example)
    So you play a creepily nice person who has no qualms in sacrificing innocent souls to the twisting nether? That doesn't sound boring at all.

It doesn't matter what "Job" or "Class" they make their Goblin, all RPers will just get them naked and /lay on top of their counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctadrew
    It doesn't matter what "Job" or "Class" they make their Goblin, all RPers will just get them naked and /lay on top of their counterparts.
    To be honest I've seen this happen more often on regular servers than on RP servers.

*shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Azav
    MmoRPG= Multi Massiv Online ROLE PLAYING GAME...

^^ failed at sarcasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

Deleted

First I must say I'm not big on roleplaying a character, I just build a story around mine.

My Goblin Warlock will be some sort of Mad Scientist kinda guy. As far as the information about lvl 1-5 for Goblins goes it seems you'll be part of some corporation. My Gobo uses the cataclysm and the dramatic way of losing his job as a reason to delve deeply into his hobbies, Alchemy and Engineering. He (ab)uses his demons in this, with his imp as a lab assistant and his voidwalker as a guinea pig for experiments. His goal is to eventually find a way to alchemically make Kajamite and perhaps make some machinery to do this in an automated way. He believes this would make him the wealthiest person on Azeroth. The only problem is that he's having so much fun in the process of getting there, that he regularly loses sight of this goal.

I was tempted to go Goblin just becouse it with engineering is a nice mix. :P

Quote Originally Posted by willjones410
    Greedy Goblin Merchant who sits in his stall and tries to force his wares down the throats of innocent would-be-customers? No.

Greedy Goblin Industrialist who's hellbent on killing Fandral Staghelm and taking Teldrassil for the goblins so it can be chopped up and sold for a millennium's worth of firewood and lumber? Hell yes! That among other things.

;D
    I approve of this idea.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

When I think of goblins, I think pirates. They're greedy, impolite, power hungry, and reek of a foul stench. *plus BB and bloodsail* And I'm guessing he'd be a rogue.

As far as roleplaying as one, I'd mount a water mount *that supposedly is going to be in the game at some point, or so I hear* and spend my days ganking lowbies around sea and stealing their kills from their quests while in a drunken daze.
    Then, when I've had my fill of that, I'd head to a tavarn, get completely smashed, flirt with the local women and male belfs and /sleep and log out with a random female player whom I'll have no memory of the next time I log on.

I think I'll have to wait and see what our Bilgewater Cartel friends bring to the table in regards to personality and lore from the flavor of quests and such once the Cataclysm rocks Azeroth. After reading up on some notable Goblins I kind of have some ideas on how to set my Tinker apart from others enough in personality to make the cliche's not matter as much and to not put off the uniqueness of his character.
    "Do not run! We are your friends!"