Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Shadow's Edge Or Bryntroll

Shadow's Edge is a whole lot better than Bryntroll and little weaker than Bryntroll(heroic) but for when Sindragosa comes out, you can finish the questline and turn Shadow's Edge into Shaowmourne.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyo
    Shadow's Edge is a whole lot better than Bryntroll and little weaker than Bryntroll(heroic) but for when Sindragosa comes out, you can finish the questline and turn Shadow's Edge into Shaowmourne.
    You seem to have overlooked the most time consuming part of the quest line http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=24548.

Bro personally I'd use the Bryntroll because 2.5k damage proc is really good in a lot of situations.
    Like PvP, Bryntroll would be nice.

or I could be wrong in my opinion ground, Shadow's Edge could be nice for long fights because of passive bonuses that BTroll doesn't have.

Shadow's Edge is better than Bryntoll. It was debatable for some classes/specs when Bryntoll could proc off certain double-dipping abilities (it had 2 chances to proc off Scourge Strike for obvious reasons) but that's fixed now, and Shadow's Edge comes out on top.

As your gear goes up Bryn'Toll's values goes down and Shadow's Edge and the other weapons goes up.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

In all fairness too all those blood dk's atm that say they beat by far Unholy dk's in a 25 men raid >> either kick him and get better a better Unholy dk or make him learn how to play his class. Yes offc Blood will outdps a Unholy on single target fights >> the first 2 max 3 minutes. Then they run out of cd's and Unholy kicks in. Not talking about heroic dungeon encounters offc.

On topic >> I am using the citadel sword from 10 men atm ( waiting for bryntroll to drop ) and i am always in the top 5 melee dps over Blood dk using bryntroll equil geared. Hell i even outdps on half the encounters a equil geard paladin using Shadows edge himself. Bryntroll is still 2nd BiS for Unholy even after they nerfd the proc. BiS is simply the legendary and that will take some time before we will get there.
    Yesterday also that mace dropped from council and offc our warrior took it. Its good but i still think personally that Bryntroll is better for me as Unholy.

Tell you what. We'll bring the rum. You bring the monkey. And a top hat. And some grease.

Quote Originally Posted by rmelv7
    Why am i blood specced?

Because we have one unholy dk.
    I enjoy playing it.
    And i'm beating the unholy dk who is 200 points better geared then me by a fair 700 dps...

So there is no reason to change is there?

Anyways i think i'll keep using shadow's edge. the top end damage is really nice
    I am sorry to burst your bubble, but with your gear 9.1k is bad. And far worse is the performance of a better geared UH DK doing even 700 less.

I am the main tank of our guild with often going dps as we have a lot of tanks and i am the best dd of them. With ilvl 240 gear as dps and Morkosh as the weapon (and still a bandits insignia ^^) im usually around 8.9-9.3k on Saurfang 25 as UH. With a better weapon, like Shadow's edge (which - on topic - surpasses Bryntoll pretty fast right now at around ilvl 255) and some better items 10k wouldn't be a problem at all.

So: Go Unholy, right now, when equally played UH is better than blood regardless of equip. And go for Shadow's edge as it is a tad worse than bryntroll for you right now, but will surpass it in the next few weeks when you will get new items.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrex
    Shadow's edge is more profitable with crit and ArP, you're getting the gem slot bonus due to two red slots. While ur thinking of DPS, change the two purple gems to 10 stats.
    this

Quote Originally Posted by wadeol1
    this
    NICE CONTRIBUTION YOU MADE THERE!

oh wait...
    Too cool for a sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghrim
    I am sorry to burst your bubble, but with your gear 9.1k is bad. And far worse is the performance of a better geared UH DK doing even 700 less.
    That depends if the raid's buffs are stacked perfectly or not :P. If it is then you could well be right 8).
    [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Ghrim

I am the main tank of our guild with often going dps as we have a lot of tanks and i am the best dd of them. With ilvl 240 gear as dps and Morkosh as the weapon (and still a bandits insignia ^^) im usually around 8.9-9.3k on Saurfang 25 as UH. With a better weapon, like Shadow's edge (which - on topic - surpasses Bryntoll pretty fast right now at around ilvl 255) and some better items 10k wouldn't be a problem at all.

So: Go Unholy, right now, when equally played UH is better than blood regardless of equip. And go for Shadow's edge as it is a tad worse than bryntroll for you right now, but will surpass it in the next few weeks when you will get new items.
    Its easy being cocky without proofs....

Quote Originally Posted by Slagge
    Yep I call shens without some logs/SS's to back that up :P

Well i am using basicly triumph t9, Icc gear and t10 gear, so yeah i can say i am pretty good geard and even i dont reach 9 k on Saurfang fully 25 men raidbuffed. Yes i am Unholy, Yes i use the roration as it should be used and No i dont do that amount of dps. Usually i am around 8 k max. Only dps atm that reaches these numbers above 9 k are our rogues and retri's.
    So yeah i would like to see some logs from you to see how you actually reach this dps

Tell you what. We'll bring the rum. You bring the monkey. And a top hat. And some grease.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    You seem to have overlooked the most time consuming part of the quest line http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=24548.
    Of course I know that. But you can't do that quest until you do finish the quest "Frost Infusion" in which you have take in about 3 of her breaths and killing her.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Shadow's Edge all the way

All I have is the shitty Ony 10 sword.
    Insert Signiture here.

Quote Originally Posted by Slagge
    and even easier with...
    http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/clazz/dtb/dkt/9/0/3

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fonill
    On at least two separate occasions last night our unholy dks bryntoll outperformed mine by quite a bit (blood dk dps). 3.5% v 6.5% of total dps something like 24 v 41 procs in a single encounter. Now just to finish collecting the damn saronite damn myself for being poor and lazy.
    That's why.

Quote Originally Posted by highwind01
    Wow, you can link the best players in the world and say he's bad cause he doesn't perform as well as people in full 258/264 gear. You are so pro and we should all bow to your infinite wisdom.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    Bryntroll is better at the 258-264 gear level because of the high damage contribution from the proc, but the proc doesn't scale with gear so the stats on shadows edge become better at some point after you start getting 277 gear. Run some sims yourself if you want a better answer. As for spec, unholy is the only way to go right now.
    Pretty much this. Unholy is better, far higher dps. You would see a massive jump from 9k dps if you re-specced Unholy. Hell, you'd even see the difference in Heroics :P.
    Skullmaster - Slathe - Duat - Tamriel

Absolutely everything happens for a reason - Omnia Causa Fiunt.

Quote Originally Posted by DomBomb1
    Wow, you can link the best players in the world and say he's bad cause he doesn't perform as well as people in full 258/264 gear. You are so pro and we should all bow to your infinite wisdom.
    I think he meant to point out that the cocky tank with ilvl240 gear and Morkosh would surpass 10K with no problem at all with some better gear, really would have some problem with that.