How is the world pvp now?

Hello,
    I'm a WoW vanilla player, and I used to pvp in Ashenvale, Booty Bay and somethingshire. I canceled my sub when BG and arenas came out, I hate BG.
    How's the world pvp now? Can we just go around killing people around towns and hunting grounds? Do we gain something ? I heard we now can XP while pvping.
    I just don't want everyone to be packed in instances. I want people outside!
    Thanks.

Re: How is the world pvp now?

Depending on realm the world PvP is differ - In a overall look id say its really bad compared to our old days.

In a word - dead.

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

you get XP only for the hated BGs. you get achievements for honored kills (nothing for ganking lowbies in goldshire). Nowadays you can level to 80 without leaving the major cities after you hit level 10. World pvp is dead.
    Which is a good thing because it ended in ganking lowies 98% of the time
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Hope this is not a trolling attempt.... anyway, sorry to disappoint you man but old wolrd pvp is pretty much dead =/
    On some servers there are pvpers starting good initiatives (tournaments, zone battles, etc) but this is all that's left sadly.

So I'm an obvious troll because I ask questions about something that is "dead" in WoW?
    I haven't played since the end of WoW vanilla and I almost don't know anything about this game
    Thanks for the answers. That's a pity because world pvp could be fun. Why? Simply because the world of warcraft is HUGE and it's fun to travel and pvp.

I played Aion and its world is very small, not appealing, the pvp system is bad. You just can't go to the enemy territory as much as you want.

They essentially killed it. Too many guards. Graveyards are too far away.

Wow, I think people are missreading your post.

I can tell you as someone who plays on Blackrock - do not go to Blackrock the server sucks. There is no world pvp, its like a 1 faction server ei: there are no alliance. Also, being full on horde (almost exclusively) getting your mail out of the mailbox can take 5 minutes off topic but i think you get the point. I havent checked lately but as of Januarly 11th the Allies did not have wintergrasp once! not even once in the first 11 days of the year! Also the server is filled with dickheads, wanna-be pvpers, and ninja's - just check out straferight.blackrock.com or blackrockninjas.com.

Terrible terrible server.

I prefer to play on Kel Thuzad myself. Althoug the latency there can be as bad as Blackrocks at times (on BR and KT i have a latency of 300-500 with spikes up to 1k - when i log onto gnomergan on an alt I get a consistent 100ms). Kel Thuzad is one of the original PvP servers that had fights in hillsbrad foothills with around 400 players before BG's came into the picture. Also you may want to google vidas vs twinks and watch the video on youtube LOL tldr a 5 man group of 29 twinks vs a hotshot rogue in Ashenvale.

What these posters are saying about BR is that skilled arena players for the horde on BG9 go there to hook up. But they are all leaving. Ive also played on Tich, that server is alot better but kid of like an alliance version of BR (though not nearly as bad).

I bet mannorath or Kel thuzad would be good servers for you - althoug ive never been on mannoroth It sounds like the type of place that is much like KT.

PC

10+ Year Old Account

World PvP is dead... Sadly. People are less interested in PvP nowaday, or only by rewards you get. So only BG/Arena "worth" it. Though, this doesn't stop you do make some groups and to go "raid" some horde bases, like I've been doing a lot recently; Sometime battles can be quite big and fun. But never as it was back to vanilla.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Ya its probly server based more pop = more enemies but still its pretty dead seems to of started with the tournament >< with flying mounts and scatterd areas its hard to fight anyone now adays.

Like on my server the ONLY time you can usually get some world pvp in is when your alone and the ally have like 3 or 4 people cus on our server theyr a bunch of pansys.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

What is this ancient WPvP you are talking about?

in srs, don't come back to WoW if you only wanna WPvP.
    I've done some WPvP once since WotLK release in Gadgetzan.