Thread: Blood prince

Blood prince

Me and my guild have tryed The Blood prince counsil but we failed.
    Me as lock have much trouble with

- Ensuring that i keep aggro
    - Get the Orbs
    - Staying out of melee range

Esspecialy the Staying out of Melee range is bothering me as he is kinda fast and 90% of the time i dont see him at all.

Any tips for tanking this encounter ( Bloodprince Keleseth )

Thanks

By the way : Im using My normal raid spec ( Destruction ) + as dualspecc a selfhealing Affliction build.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Blood prince

Yes created a new thread just to ask that, good plan.
    No you dont need stoneblabla flask.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

15+ Year Old Account

You need a raid filled with people who can bring the Nuclei to you, not special buffs.

R.I.P. YARG

Modifyed my post with another question

15+ Year Old Account

MD the nuclei to you, blow him up. Run away if you have to, he doesn't follow you once you have aggro.

Then when they spawn, go hit them with a searing pain to get aggro, and use corruption to maintain it if you need to.

Keeping aggro is easy - just build a 100,000 lead or more, and replace Incinerate with Searing Pain when he's the dps target.

R.I.P. YARG

CONGRATULATIONS BAKIS ON POST 1234! Make a wish :O!

Woo!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    You need a raid filled with people who can bring the Nuclei to you, not special buffs.
    Thats one way of doing it but It much safeer to be in charge of it all/majority yourself. Personally I had no problem running around popping a Searing Pain on each Dark Nucleus and still built alot enough agro. Ofc players should aim for whatever works even tho I like to have full control myself about always having enough stacks.

OP: meleerange gib is a bitch, I ran into him myself once and it hurts Portal is something thay should never be skipped. Its a good help and it's a blessing if some nutcase is about to bring a gigant ball of knockback your way.
    Getting knocked into meleerange of Kelthes as tank is NOT fun
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

go demo and spam soulfire w/ coa and corr and when empowered hit him with normal rotation+ searing pain
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrus
    Dear Dentarg-EU,

WTF?

Regards,
    Khadgar-EU

As far as I know you can't MD the nuculei.
    And Searing Pain on them is overpowered. They don't have an aggro table the normal way. They follow the last target that did damage to them. I have a
    Code:
    /cast [@mouseover] Corruption (Rank 1)
    macro bind to my scroll wheel. Worked perfectly with my Affliction spec. We didn't down them last night though, but as far as it was my job everything went fine.

Though this is a warlock thread, we tried using a warlock our first attempts but we ran into the threat issues as you seemed to have, we decided to go against what seemed to be the mechanic and tried...

We had success on killing the Blood Princes last night by using an actual tank on the ranged guy. We used a prot paladin on him at the beginning of the fight he unloaded, popped wings and just pushed as much threat on him as possible. As the timer was about to switch he backed away and gathered up nearby orbs while casting avengers shields and judgements while in range.

During the fights we had a 2 priests rotate a cooldown on him when the fight started to get a little more hectic around 20%. Overall, him running in when the boss was off orb to get a lot of threat quickly with some tricks/misdirect rotations it worked out beautifully as he ran around the room gathering the dark orbs.

Tankspot is your friend..

Hello,

This is how I did in my group:

YOU start the pull (avoid the tank getting a shadow lance for 18k) with Searing Pain on Keleseth.
    Make a demonic portal in a place where you have range of your healers.
    Make a macro to cast Searing Pain on Keleseth.
    Spam this macro until the first orb spawn.
    Use 2x Searing Pain on orb (if you need to move a lot and think you might get out of line of sight from healers, warn them on vent/ts)
    No orbs? spam the macro to make aggro on Keleseth.
    Flame orb on you? Run + Use demonic portal if it helps
    Keleseth Empowered? tell hunters/rogue to tricks/md you, if no hunters/rogue, tell people to watch aggro, if you have enough orbs on you (5~6) spam seaing pain so people can make more dps.
    If you see a knetic bomb, send your imp on it.

Just make sure you have more orbs than needed, if some healer overaggro it or the orb just die to itself, you have enough to save your life.

Simple as pie.

We tried the "bring the orb to me" strat and failed. The Warlock ran around picking them up and it was WIN. <eom>

Quote Originally Posted by Our Guild Warlock's Post
    So, ranged tanking was pretty simple. It's certainly easiest as a warlock, because of a couple of things, but it could probably be done as other classes as well.

I used a demonology pvp spec. While it probably could have been done with other specs, a few talents certainly made it significantly easier. The 11% reduced damage from molten skin and the felguard up with master demonologist is helpful, as is the shared damage from soul link. I do not think I would want to tank Keleseth without Soul Link; 20% more damage would have been brutal.

As for the mechanics of the fight, I pretty much spammed Searing Pain on him at the start for burst threat, threw up my dots for additional threat when he summoned the dark nuclei, and then went after them. One searing pain on each dark nucleus was enough to get it on me; after that, it looked like they stayed focused unless someone shot them. From there, it was pretty much a matter of casting searing pain + dots on Keleseth, with a bit of running around the room gathering nuclei.

The first time we tried the fight, I went after the dps target after getting some aggro on Keleseth and the nuclei. I think this was a bad plan. As Sproq pointed out later, I wasn't far enough ahead on threat when the orb empowered Keleseth. The time we succeeded, I abandoned any attempt to dps the raid target and just focused on gaining threat; this worked much better, though I'm not sure if there was MDing or tricksing going on as well. Either way, while some of or more powerful dps people were catching up near the end of the switch, I had aggro on him the whole time, and more than enough time to regain a threat lead by the time the orb switched back to him.

That's about all I've got. Happy to answer any questions or touch on something that I might have failed to mention if anyone thinks of something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.

My guild did this fight for the first time last night and I was lucky enough to be the tank. I used my affliction PvP spec because I'm a cheap bastard and I didn't want to have to respec every week just for 1 fight. I didn't use my normal PvE destro spec because I felt soul link would be a gamebreaker here.

Here is the direct link to my armory/spec. There are some minor tweaks you could do to make this more optimal for tanking this encounter, but like I said I just used my PvP spec so I wouldn't be respeccing to tank then respeccing back to PvP every week.

We got a very clean kill and the orb whisperer achievement on our second attempt. To be totally honest I didn't find this very difficult. What I did was started out on Keleseth, I opened up by putting my felhunter on autoattack and casting shadowbolt > haunt > corr > CoA > UA like I normally would if I were using a PvE aff spec. After that I drained health in order to proc nightfall and make my healer's life easier while I waited for nuclei to spawn. The rest of the fight was basically just running to nuclei, casting corruption to get aggro on them, then running back to Keleseth, refreshing dots/haunt, and then draining life to build aggro. If I procced nightfall, I'd cast the free shadowbolt and then go back to draining life. I never used searing pain at all. Dots/haunt, drain life, and nightfall procs generated more than enough threat to keep me on top of the aggro table at all times.

The reason for using corruption over searing pain to grab nuclei are that all the corruptions on the nuclei provided me with a constant stream of self heals, corruption is instant, and it has a longer range than searing pain because of grim reach. Occasionally the nuclei would break off and go to my healer, at those times I'd hit them with CoA then get back to building threat on Keleseth. For the most part though, building threat on the nuclei wasn't really a problem and corruption did the trick just fine. The only times I moved were for the flame orb and to grab nuclei.

From what I could tell, if you stay out of melee range he will spam shadowlance non-stop. As long as you never move into melee range, he will not melee you.

A few other things I should mention are I used Demonic Armor instead of Fel Armor to increase the amount of healing I received, I had soul link up at all times, and I tried to position myself in a spot that was away from other people but relatively central to the room so I wouldn't have to move much for nucleus spawns. I hope this helps.

Another thing people may want to know in regards to their uhm... less than stable pathing. Do not move around too much when Keleseth is not casting. He tends to run to within ~10-15 yards then stop. However, if you're moving when he's moving he will stop 10-15 yards from where the game thinks you might have stopped. If you use a run speed enchant (you should :P) then he'll stop right on top of you. If you're not he'll stop ~5 yards closer than he should and melee you. So if you're moving and he's moving be very careful about when you stop. His melee isn't an insta-gib unless he crits, but it will be an extra burst of 15k+ damage followed by a lance and it's usually a death.

No longer matters. See below.

15+ Year Old Account

You just have to realize that the NPC is .5s slower than you are, so if you start moving, he starts .5s later. When you stop, he stops .5s later.

The trick is to move, stop for a moment, then move about 5 more yards. This causes his stop location to be much more stable.

R.I.P. YARG

lool when we did this we just had a dk tank it he was geared enough to eat empowered lances and melee, made my life easier
    He who is truly mediocre exerts himself 100%, it is not his efforts that fall short but his ability. Don't be a mediocre poser.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&cn=Brootalkid
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&cn=Kidvicious

Keleseth no longer melees. Nuclei start spawning earlier. Encounter is now a joke.